What happened to the league index in S20?

Corco

Do any older members know why we lost the indexes pre-S20? And also, what happened that caused the league to need to create a new league file (the reason why the records in the old index themselves seem to start at S20).

1 hour ago, Sebster03 said:

As someone who was around in those early seasons, ya I'm curious too.

Kinda curious on when/why scotty Campbell left as I missed that too 

Season 1-19 indexes were old files that never got saved I believe @Corco or got deleted if my memory serves me correct.

Scotty Campbell's last player who was any good was Tomas Jenskovic who left around Season 19? Season 20? he has had a few players here and there but nothing ever as good as Campbell or Jenskovic

• Admin
23 hours ago, Corco said:

Do any older members know why we lost the indexes pre-S20? And also, what happened that caused the league to need to create a new league file (the reason why the records in the old index themselves seem to start at S20).

Not that it helps much, but it's actually everything before S18.

S1-S17 all the indexes were hosted by webs.come (first by Scotty then sterling used the same). Sterling swapped to freeoda for S18 and S19 (you can still see those links here) and then swapped from 3rd party hosting to being hosted by vhlsim.net, which eventually became vhlportal.com. If I had to guess, only the ones hosted by the VHL can be uploaded onto the portal, unless S18 and S19 missing is just an oversight by @Will.

Webs took down the old links due to inactivity/lack of space or whatever excuse it was. Neither Scotty nor sterling by that point had access to their old sim computers (I asked), so those first 17 indexes can't be retrieved.

20 hours ago, Sebster03 said:

Kinda curious on when/why scotty Campbell left as I missed that too 

He stepped down as simmer and commish after S14 but he's been back in 3 different stints since and some people like @Beketov have him on Facebook.