San Diego Marlins Press Conference

Oatex

On 10/31/2022 at 12:32 PM, jacobcarson877 said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

Answer all 6 for 2 TPE, 3 for 1!

1. Happy Halloween! What is your favourite horror movie villain?
2. The drafts should be starting this coming weekend into next week! What is one thing you can bring to a new team? (P.S we are JUST starting with our draft interviews so if you haven't heard from us yet don't worry we'll get to you in the coming days)
3. Vampires or Werewolves?

4. What is the best thing you've watched recently?
5. What is your way too early S86 prediction?
6. Tell us about one exciting thing you have going on in November!

@Markusbg  @GoalPlays  @vincentlg2007  @Mint  @MrMom  @QcjetsQc   @Beau  @kirbithan  @CoolLuigiBro14  @pugsood  @Uncommon

1. I honestly don't watch horror movies so I don't have a favorite! I guess Myers? He's the one I tend to see the most and he's involved in a lot of memes LOL

2. I think that Thor will be a great all-around player for whichever team drafts him. He's developed a lot and has become a lot more consistent and I think he'll be able to get involved in all areas of the ice, bringing physicality and a sound defensive game to go along with a quickly developing offensive vision.

3. Vampires.

4. No cap the Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania trailer. Got me so hyped it looks so good. The Ant-Man movies haven't missed and I'll die on that hill!

5. Can't say for sure, but I have a hunch that somehow Mississauga makes it to the championships. Just feels right haha.

6. November is an extremely busy month for me - going to Epcot again and getting the rest of the parts for my new PC, so I'm very excited for that!

On 10/31/2022 at 12:32 PM, jacobcarson877 said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

Answer all 6 for 2 TPE, 3 for 1!

1. Happy Halloween! What is your favorite horror movie villain?

Happy Halloween! The Creeper from Jeepers Creepers.

2. The drafts should be starting this coming weekend into next week! What is one thing you can bring to a new team?

A positive attitude.

Werewolves.

I recently watched the movie Legend. It's about identical twin gangsters Ronald and Reginald Kray in the 1960's.

Jack Jeckler will kick someone's ass.

Thanksgiving! I love me some turkey!

1. Happy Halloween! What is your favourite horror movie villain?

I don't know that I have one, I am not a horror film watcher.  But I guess Freddy Krueger cuz he looks cool.

2. The drafts should be starting this coming weekend into next week! What is one thing you can bring to a new team? (P.S we are JUST starting with our draft interviews so if you haven't heard from us yet don't worry we'll get to you in the coming days)

Strong defensive and team focused play.

More of a vampire persona myself, who doesn't love a lil fang and bang?

I just finished season 5 of My Hero Academia.  Really good, it really has it's hooks on me.  Waiting for more of the newest season to come out before I start watching again.

The Marlins are winning the cup.  Take it to the bank!

Thanksgiving as always, I always enjoy a nice home cooked meal, that is way better than what I cook.  Plus seeing family is usually good.

ANSWER 3 FOR 1 TPE OR 6 FOR 2 TPE!

1. Well the draft is over. How are you feeling about the team going into the season?

2. If you were drafted, how are you feeling being on the Marlins? If you're a returning Marlin, how do you feel about our draft acquisitions?

3. What do you plan to work on during the rest of the off season to prepare for S86?

4. New players: Thoughts on the VHL so far? Returning players and recreates: What was your favorite part of last season?

5. If you could model your build after any NHLer, who would it  be?

6. What is your favorite pizza topping?

1. Well the draft is over. How are you feeling about the team going into the season?

Feeling good, I think our team is strong, which makes sense given the 3 top end picks the team had.

2. If you were drafted, how are you feeling being on the Marlins? If you're a returning Marlin, how do you feel about our draft acquisitions?

Feeling good.  I was selected with the teams first pick, so I think that says management has confidence in me, which I appreciate.

3. What do you plan to work on during the rest of the off season to prepare for S86?

I am going to be working on my defensive coverage.

4. New players: Thoughts on the VHL so far? Returning players and recreates: What was your favorite part of last season?

I guess my favorite part of last season was seeing DC win their first cup.  Some good people on that team so it was nice to see them rewarded.

Maybe like a younger Shea Webber, but like smaller.

I'm a sausage person myself.

22 minutes ago, aimkin said:

1.  I am very excited for the upcoming season!  I think we have a strong team and should have a dominant run.

2.  After every pick the Marlins made, I kept expecting to get snagged by another team, but when Leonard finally went, I couldn't believe I landed on this stacked squad.

3.  I plan on getting the home jersey for the Marlins created as well as the logo modelled so that I can start posing my character and creating some sweet graphics!

4.  So far the VHL has been fun!  I enjoy getting to know the teams and members.  It took awhile to make my presence known but I think the draft shed some light on what I bring to the table.

5.  I would probably go with Mark Stone.  Solid 2-way forward.  I want my player to be able to shut down the opposition as much as he puts the puck on his teammates sticks.

6.  Pepperoni.  I am a simple man.

3 hours ago, aimkin said:

1.  feel great we have a lot of really good players.

2. I feel great being with the Marlins great players and a really good management team.

3. getting as much TPE to improve Rage.

4. although it didn't turn out well making the playoffs in my first full season was fun.

5. Probably Nikita Kucherov he is a great player. 

6. I'm a simple guy just Pepperoni and cheese  

7 hours ago, aimkin said:

Great! Let's go, Marlins!

I don't think the draft could have been handled any better. Well done!

I'm planning for a couple of high earning weeks in preparation for the upcoming season.

I really enjoyed watching us play together as a team.

5. If you could model your build after any NHLer, who would it be?

Scott Stevens.

Extra Pepperoni!

1 minute ago, aimkin said:

1. I feel great to be taken so high in the draft. Expectations are high, but I'm ready to perform.

2. I feel great about being on the Marlins; I'm just glad to be drafted at all. The squad seems like a great group and I'm happy to work with them.

3. I'm gonna work on getting acclimated with the team and expectations.

4. I had a very interesting last season, I think the most satisfying this of last season was getting my first win, and then shutting out the old Mississauga squad to finally get that on the stat sheet.

5. I'd model myself after Robin Lehner, I want to make the easy saves look easy and put in the work for challenging saves.

6. Pepperoni is my favorite pizza topping. :)

On 11/7/2022 at 9:50 AM, aimkin said:

1. Well the draft is over. How are you feeling about the team going into the season? I feel confident of our team going into the season. We have a lot of good players heading into this season and I'm ready to play a big role this season.

2. If you were drafted, how are you feeling being on the Marlins? If you're a returning Marlin, how do you feel about our draft acquisitions? We had a very good draft imo. Lots of top picks and we look great as of right now. Glad to have been traded back to this team aswell, we look stacked

3. What do you plan to work on during the rest of the off season to prepare for S86? Try and gain some TPE before the season's start, I hope to be eligible to play in the VHLE at S87 so working on gaining should be a goal for this season

4. New players: Thoughts on the VHL so far? Returning players and recreates: What was your favorite part of last season? Favourite part of last season was the regular season. I worked well with the guys in Ottawa and we did very well (Just don't mention the playoffs)

5. If you could model your build after any NHLer, who would it  be? Probably Mitch Marner, really like his offensive game.

6. What is your favorite pizza topping? Meat

1. I'm pretty excited to play for the Marlins, I feel like we have a pretty decent team.

2. Like I said before, I'm excited. I've pretty much exclusively played for Las Vegas with my previous players so it's cool to get a fresh team.

3. Definitely planning on pumping up on my poke checking abilities as well as my skating

4. I can't really answer either since I'm returning but wasn't around last season lol. But I will say I really like the new TPE system compared to the old one.

5. Niklas Kronwall. Big hits, solid D, and can put up a decent amount of points.

6. I like pepperoni but I also like myself a buffalo slice every once in a while.

On 11/7/2022 at 6:50 AM, aimkin said:

I'm feeling very confident in myself and my team. I feel like we can accomplish a lot this season.

I feel excited about being apart of the Marlins, great management and teammates.

My offensive abilities and faceoffs.

I really liked the junior showcase tournament. Great way for guys to show off before the drafts.

Bo Horvat for sure. Master of faceoffs with a very underrated shot.

Anything that isn't pineapple.

On 11/7/2022 at 3:50 PM, aimkin said:

1. It's looking pretty fishy, I have to admit. But then it's the Marlins, so that is to be expected.

2. I'm neither, but it looks like you did really well. As expected having about 90% of the picks in the draft.

3. Being AFK while waiting for the season to start. It's the best!

4. The part where we got 1st seed in the VHLM.

5. Jaccob McCrosby, the Defensive Defenseman, Smooth Skating, Playmaking, Veteran Leader amalgamation that's going to peak build at 1337 TPA, because he's silly like that.

6. Pineapple, Banana, Curry, Kebab and Pickles. No cap fr fr ong etc. (I usually like a Calzone, if we're being serious)

1 i Keita Kourou still no little of this new place. I hear players say strange play hockey in place of summer, but I come from desert so hockey team here work for me!

2 I no understand Marlins. How name hockey team after big tuna fish? What ocean fish have to go with ice hockey? No amount of explainings from team people’s makes this makes senses. 
3 here in Sandy Ego there is surfing! Riding down big salt water like riding down sand dunes at home in Sahara. I surf all off-season. Do water dunes freeze?

4 VHL confuse place. So many peoples talking saying things that not hockey. So much moving team to team. Like abducting schoolgirls back home. Now I am schoolgirl abducted from Saskatuna to Sandy Ego. All sport is slavery. 
5 I want skate like Wayn Gritty but African and handsomer. 
6 no pizza topping ever as good as camel shoulder. Trust me. 

Goooooood Monday morning Marlins! Here is your presser for the week. Answer 3 for 1 TPE or all 6 for 2!

1. The season starts today! How pumped are you to get S86 under way?

2. How many goals do you think we'll score in our first game?

3. What's your pre-game ritual?

4. What's your favorite pre-game meal?

5. Tell me a fact about your player that your team might not know.

6. Is a hotdog a sandwich?

9 minutes ago, aimkin said:

Goooooood Monday morning Marlins! Here is your presser for the week. Answer 3 for 1 TPE or all 6 for 2!

I am absolutely stoked. It's going to be a great season. Let's go, Marlins!

Four.

I can't talk about it. It's a secret.

A couple of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Jack has all of his pants custom made so that he can fit his tree trunks in comfortably.

No.

12 minutes ago, aimkin said:

I’m really really hyped I think this season I can pass a cap and prove that I can achieve the level I did last year in a regular basis. And on a team perspective I feel like the marlins and Cologne have good chances of winning their championships and I’m pumped about it.

in our first game the marlins will win 3-1 I’ll score one goal, Triller will and Rage will that’s my prediction.

My player isn’t superstitious but he always tries to be the last one to leave the ice in the pre game skate before the puck drop.

My player doesn’t eat before the games he plays starve he feels better that way.

Not really a personal fact about my player but I didn’t know it before yesterday so they probably don’t know it either.

Last season, VLG ended up top10 in the league for points and top 10 for goals scored.

No, hot dog isn’t a sandwich, Burger isn’t a sandwich either. Grilled cheese is a sandwich, a subway is a sandwich too.

2 hours ago, aimkin said:

1.  Very pumped!  We have a good group so I expect good things!  Excited to see if Leonard finds chemistry with anyone!

2.  6 goals!  A statement game to show the league how it's gonna go!

3.  No pre-game rituals.  Leonard likes to feel as if he is always in control of his destiny, no matter the circumstances.  If his jock goes on after his knee pads, he is still coming out on top!

4.  McD's, McDouble with large fries, large coke.  Just go a bit harder in the gym!

5.  Leonard Triller got his name from a computer generated player I drafted in NHL 2005.  I still create his player in every iteration of the NHL games.

6.  Nope!  No one has ever had a sandwich with a hotdog on it, even if you ran out of buns and had to use a slice of bread, it is still not a sandwich!

On 11/14/2022 at 3:26 PM, aimkin said:

I'm really pumped I love the additions Jacob has made to the team alongside keeping a lot of the core from last season together. Going to be a real force this season!

At least 5

No rituals here. Don't believe in any of that.

Steak and Chips of course!

Sjin is Dyslexic fortunately that doesn't affect on ice performance!

Sure, why not it's a filling between bread.

On 11/14/2022 at 7:26 AM, aimkin said:

Super pumped to see what we can do this year. LETS GO MARLINS BABYYYY.

Seeing as we have played the first game I kind of expected us to score 4 or more goals.

Definitely my favorite thing to do before games is jam to heavy metal.

Any kind of pasta is my favorite especially with alfredo sauce

Jacob really likes to get involved in the community he's playing with whether it be charity events or just joining pickup games with local youth.

Yes of course, bread on 2 sides is a sandwich to me.

On 11/14/2022 at 10:26 AM, aimkin said:

1. Lowkey excited to see how my player performs and trying to build up some draft stock for my player.

2. 4-2 W lock

3. I sit in my locker, turtling inside my jersey

4. Playing on an empty stomach and one C4 energy drink gives me peak performance.

5. Believe or it not, Full Player Name wants to legally change his name to literally anything else.

6. Yes but it falls under a different category compared to a traditional sandwich since it's long.

On 11/14/2022 at 7:26 AM, aimkin said:

1. So excited to get S86 going, I think there's an itch for real game time at this point and we all want to get going.

2. More than the other team. ;)

3. Music, always finding the right tunes to get in the game mindset. Helps me feel calm between the pipes.

4. Carbs lol, probably way too many carbs.

5. I've been going into university classes in the offseason, I graduated early from high school so never hurts getting towards a degree for a back-up plan.
6. This philosophical debate tends to be decided by what an individual will quanitfy as a "sandwich" in food. Personally, I see a sandwich as ingredients in between 2 pieces of bread; I don't see a hot dog a sandwich based on a hot dog bun not being 2 pieces of bread, and at home when we ran out of hot dog buns, we would use bread and call that a "hot dog sandwich". The second part of this could also count for number 5.

On 11/14/2022 at 10:26 AM, aimkin said:

1. I am very excited!

2. I have a weird feeling we will score 4.

3. don't really have any 

4. Definitely some chicken alfredo 

5. Adam can do a backflip. 

6. “Adam becomes aggressive” *throws a water bottle at the wall* NO IT'S NOT!  

Really excited, the team looks great and always exciting to get your first full season underway with a new player.

Well I would have assumed we would score 4 since my go to prediction for all games is 4-2.

Gotta hop on the social to let all my followers know that it's game time!

My go to would be some chicken alfredo pasta.  You have to carb load.

I am the youngest sibling of the famous family.  I am sure no one has picked up on this yet!

Yes, it's an open faced sandwich.

1. How did your first week of the season go?

2. Do you think there is anything we can  do to improve or keep up the momentum?

3. Are you happy with how you played this past week?

4. Is there anyone in the VHL that you look up to or strive to be like?

5. How is your NHL team currently doing this season?

6. What is the best joke you know?