S71 Draft Profiles - Part 1: A New Beginning

Patrik Tallinder

1411372801_tallindersdps.jpg.5ecc9f460aef80e8c4550dc2123bb00e.jpg

Well, this is new! The day has finally come that I move on from covering the S70 draft, and start anew with S71. I'd like to thank all the people who tuned in for my draft profiles for all of last season, and for those who were drafted, congratulations. If any of the S71 prospects are new here and would like to know how this series works, it is divided into four parts:

- Rankings: I give my current top 10 prospects, and note any movement within it from week to week.

- Stats: I provide a table of the top 10 in points, goals, assists, and save percentage among the draft class (not included in this edition as the season has not started)

- News: I look at important events that happened concerning S71 draftees.

- Profiles: I profile 3 draftees, looking at their strengths, weaknesses, TPE earning, and stats.

I'd say that pretty much sums it up. Before I reveal my first rankings of the season, you can check out the full rankings and TPE earning rates so far among S71 draftees on my spreadsheet. Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z3UmjHIkmoBNTRdw8dgQdp4kOVhVLVRgPADZOndKJUY/edit?usp=sharing

Here are my first rankings of S71!

1. Roque Davis

2. Kyl Oferson

3. Erik Killinger

4. Thomas Landry II

5. Jim Bob

6. Stone Wolski

7. Ola Vikingstad

8. Hugh Jass

9. Joakim Bruden

10. Uhtred

Davis sits atop the mountain in week one, and a first-gen, Joakim Bruden, also makes the top 10.

News

Roque Davis, Kyl Oferson, Erik Killinger and Stone Wolski each hit 200 TPE this past week.

Alex Burrows hit 100 TPE this past week.

Doomsday was hired as a VSN Writer this past week! Congrats to him!

There were 48 players created this past week.

Roque Davis earned the most TPE this past week with 34.

Erik Killinger was selected 1st overall in the VHLM Dispersal Draft!

Profiles

SD_TeamBar_QrXOO7G.png

Kyl Oferson - C - 232 TPE

An elite goal scorer, Oferson has produced goals upon goals in his short time in the VHLM so far. With 9 goals in 14 playoff games to end off last season, the center has just started to unlock his potential, and we are all sure to witness it this season with San Diego. On top of his nose for the net, he possesses effortless control with the puck and a strong sense of defensive awareness, which is crucial in being a true number one center. Oferson has earned an impressive 156 TPE over his first 5 full weeks, averaging out at about 31 per week. I expect great things to come for the newly drafted Marlin, and think he is definitely one to watch as the season progresses.

OSL_bar.png

Alex Burrows - RW - 134 TPE

Alex Burrows is not your typical hockey player. Standing at an unusual 5'5", the Canadian winger more than makes up for his size with hockey IQ and some untapped offensive potential. He is a responsible two way winger who shows an aptitude for scoring as well. With his well balanced build, he can contribute wherever it is needed. Last season, his offensive production was lacking though, to say the least. He did not record a single point in 22 regular season games, and followed it up with just 1 in the playoffs. However, I think those numbers will be a distant memory for Burrows after this season, because he definitely has all the tools to be successful, on top of a nice work ethic to begin his career. He has earned 76 TPE in his first 5 full weeks, averaging out as 15 per week.

SD_TeamBar_QrXOO7G.png

Uhtred - RW - 168 TPE

A Founders Cup winner with Saskatoon last season, Uhtred was placed in a smaller role that didn't allow him to maximize his abilities. Now, he will be one of San Diego's better players and assumably get more ice time. With this opportunity, I think the 18 year old will see his already solid stats boost nicely. With 11 points in 14 playoff games, he provided us with a hint of what he could do in a bigger role this year. Uhtred has dynamic skating ability as well as puck skills that combine nicely with each other. He can also shoot the puck. Aside from one week in which he earned 6 TPE, he has earned nicely as well, with a total of 101 through his first 5 full weeks, 20 on average every week.

I hope you all enjoyed, and that you come back next week for an update!

Edited by Patrik Tallinder

@Beaviss remember a while ago when we had that conversation on what the VHLM Newsletter should be and I was trying to explain it to you but I wasn't very good at it?

Yeah, I was thinking of something like this.