My solution to prevent TPE inflation.

boubabi

Recent days have been surround by the S37 WC and the sweep in the VHL final. But recently, Victor  wrote an article about TPE inflation. he thinks that this is an issue today and to fix it, the BoG reformed the player store. In my opinion, the store become now useless and I think this might not be the best solution. Since I don't know much about the sim engine, I'm not so sure what endurance mean. But, the only thing I know is that every player starts with 99 endurance and 99 durability. If durability means the risk of injury, I understand to put that 99 to prevent any injuries but, the 99, I might not understand it completely. Another post by I don't remember who, talked about how power forward are kind of useless too. If, and I only say if, hit taken affects the performance of a player (because he's tired I guess ?) could it be a great idea to reduce the 99 endurance and make it available to upgrade ? I mean, now, TPE will still be high but if the endurance become a major overall, this can prevent the early 99 and make the power forward a bit more useful. IMMA RIGHT ?

What do you guys think ?

Sorry for my poor English abilities.

g1352129205367343592.jpg

well, the 99 is still avalaible but now, the player kind of have a choice to make, no ? It seems to easy to me to reach 99 in important overall like skating or scoring. That makes  a routine and that why, in my opinion, some people loose interest in VHL because creating another player, (like I said IMO), is basically the same path.

40 to 99 is about 116 tpe. It's not that much and this can reduce the copy and paste effects that we have atm in the league in term of player style. Right now, I'll it depreciation in 2 seasons and I still have 6 abilities upgraded to 99 (4 minus endurance and durability). I'm not supposed to be Wayne Gretzky, am I ?

I don't get why everyone is so worried about inflation. Even at 99 everything a player is guaranteed stardom. The guys who go past 1000 TPE are like 4-5 guys per 3 seasons, thats not a lot.

1000 tpe and a 750 tpe player is basically the same in term of skill. The 1000 tpe player hit the depreciation and not the 750 tpe guy. My point is not about the high number, it's more about the ability to put TPE at some place.

But again, that's only to create a conversation with each others. 

I know Durability would have to stay at 99, for obvious reasons. Endurance though, I'm not sure. I'll wait until I see some counter arguments

Since injuries aren't activated it really doesn't matter what Durability is at.  It could read 1 or 40 or 99 and it wouldn't affect anything.

As for Endurance, I don't know a lot about it.  It's been "default" 99 before I started simming.  It might not even be an original attribute, thus it might not do anything.  According to the official definition, it affects the "fatigue formula," which I really don't believe is a visible, editable thing.  Maybe some hidden stat that determines how long a player can stay on the ice.  If that's the case, lowering the stat would just decrease human player ice time, and increase CPU ice time.

In short, IF Endurance actually does anything, it would affect every single stat.  Lower ice time = lower points, hits, etc.  It would (could) be a drastic change, which I personally don't feel is necessary for this particular "issue."

How has the store become useless? You can still essentially "buy" a pretty good amount of TPE, you just have to do a little more work for it (that anybody who it would really affect would probably be doing anyway).

EDIT: I thought you could buy doubles weeks. I hope that becomes an option moving forward.

Edited by Hybrid1486