IIHF Career Stats Compiled

Corco

I completed compiling all of the IIHF tournaments into one spreadsheet, found here. On a first lookthrough, here are some of the things I found most interesting.

• The record for most points scored in the Medal Round of any IIHF tournament was tied this season! @Tagger's Edwin THE Encarnacion scored 8 points in the S70 World Juniors, which surpassed the previous World Juniors record of 7, set by @Steve's Guy LeGrande in S67. Encarnacion's 8 points tied the current international record, set by American HOF forward Gabriel McAllister in the S60 World Cup, although you could argue that Encarnacion's record is more impressive as he compiled the same amount of points in one less game.
  • The World Juniors of S55 were possibly the wonkiest ever, and I can provide the reason. That was the 1st ever VHL WJC, and I was in charge of the entire tournament; I chose to sim the tournament on either V1.5 or V2.0 of STHS for whatever reason, and the results were certainly entertaining. Four of the top 10 Round Robin performances of all time came from that WJC ( @Smarch's Rusty Trombone (23P), @Frank's Felix Savard (21P), @Banackock's Mattias Forsberg (20P), & @boubabi's Ay Ay Ron (18P))