Tallinder's S72 Draft Profiles: Part 1 - New Season, New Me

Patrik Tallinder

wKmESXg.jpg

Welcome back for another season of draft profiles! I thought the series was getting a bit stale with the same format every week, so I've completely redone it, while keeping the same general ideas intact. Hopefully it's more visually appealing, and more reader friendly than the brick of writing I previously had. I will also be moving these to the Media Spots section after this week, because they're consistently well over the word count needed for a VHL.com article. So look out for next week's there! 

This article will serve as a bit of a walkthrough of the new format, as a lot of it can't be written yet with the season not yet started. There will still be profiles though, and some other information about the draft from this week. Anyways, let's get to it!

fAeLnk4.jpg

As always, these articles are based on the previous week, because they're finished and all the possible TPE in it has already been earned. Therefore, the week of 3/15 is this article's focus.

• 11 players were created last week.

• SS Hornet earned the most TPE in the draft class last week, with 21.

• Sonnet earned the Houston GM job. Congrats!

Q6wfmo2.jpg

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z3UmjHIkmoBNTRdw8dgQdp4kOVhVLVRgPADZOndKJUY/edit?usp=sharing

1. SS Hornet

2. Robin Winter

3. Gino DiGiannatonio

4. Valtteri Vaakanainen

5. Latrell Mitchell

6. General Zod

7. Randy Marsh

8. Jungkok 

9. Andrew Su

10. Remy Moreau

11. Izzy Valencia

12. Zamboni Driver

AyX5Ddw.jpg

Newly Qualified / Requalified

Alex Letang

Huang Tun

Newly Unqualified

None

Normally there would be movement in the rankings, but there's none since this is the first one. Also, I've switched from top 10 to top 12 this season.

Xdabux4.jpg

This section is where we look at the players who rised most in my rankings from the previous week, but as there was no rankings last week, there are no risers this week. The top 5 are listed, and I choose one to profile, as the "Riser Of The Week." With there being no risers this week, I've chosen to profile a player who has quickly risen to the elite of this draft class, being a first gen who started with just 30 Base TPE.

AyX5Ddw.jpg

RISER OF THE WEEK

OSL_bar.png Latrell Mitchell - D - 161 TPE

The first profile of the season, Mitchell seems to be well worth it so far. While there is always concerns about first gens, all signs point to the 9th overall pick from the recent VHLM draft being a star one day in the VHL. He has not had under 18 TPE in any week since joining, with 5 now under his belt. Mitchell plays with an exciting offensive skillset that is sure to deliver great results this season, but that is not to take away from his defensive game which is solid as well. The Australian defenseman has shared aspirations to model his game after Berocka Sunqvist, a fellow Australian currently in the VHL. That would be a welcomed addition for any VHL GM, so hopefully he follows through and becomes the best player that he can be. Consistency and longevity is always a question for a new member, but I have full confidence Latrell Mitchell will become one of the better players of this draft class.

UtCgkH5.jpg

This section will feature the top 3 fallers in my rankings. Again, since there are no fallers this week, there's nothing to write here until next week.

ujgLYV0.jpg

This is just the stats section from last season, but this season I will be including movement from week to week. Since the season hasn't started, I'll just put what it will look like.

Name

Goals

Name 

Assists

Name

Name

Save %

Qi1Zwcf.jpg

This section will include TPE and stat milestones, as well as one player selected to be the "Achievement Centre's Player Of The Week." There's actually been no acheievements in the week of 3/15, and I'm not sure if that's happened in all my time covering drafts. So, I'll be covering the player who was selected the highest in the VHLM draft, which is an achievement itself.

AyX5Ddw.jpg

ACHIEVEMENT  CENTRE’S PLAYER OF THE WEEK

LVA_bar.png Randy Marsh - D - 165 TPE

Selected 3rd overall in the VHLM draft this offseason, Randy Marsh is an American defenseman who enjoyed a very successful regular season with Houston in S70. 17 points in 22 games is impressive, and it's a rate of scoring that I expect him to surpass significantly this season. Marsh stands at a tall 6'4", and although he doesn't necessarily play a physical game, his size reflects in his strength on the puck, as taking the puck from him is a difficult task for anyone. He's got a bomb from the blueline, and fits in perfectly as a powerplay quarterback who can find space for clean entries, as well as set up for one-timers. There is a lot to like about the new member of the Aces, and every GM is going to be sure to keep an eye on him.

AyX5Ddw.jpg

Players Covered

Part 1: Mitchell / Marsh

Just a side note, I would appreciate any advice or feedback on the new format. Are the images too big? Is the article too long? Any feedback helps make the articles better, which is obviously my goal.

8S2KX36.jpg

Edited by Patrik Tallinder

YES I'm excited for this.

1 hour ago, Patrik Tallinder said:
  • SS Hornet

• Robin Winter

@Sonnet ?

The ACHIEVEMENT CENTRE'S PLAYER OF THE WEEK yellow is an eyesore with the light theme.

Keep it up, @Patrik Tallinder. Love your rankings

26 minutes ago, McWolf said:

The ACHIEVEMENT CENTRE'S PLAYER OF THE WEEK yellow is an eyesore with the light theme.

1 minute ago, Garsh said:

This is great, the only thing I would suggest is changing the yellow font that is used a couple times.  I had to highlight over the text to see what it said.

I agree with what you guys are saying, I've changed it to gold rather than yellow. I think it's a lot easier to read now. Thanks for the feedback!

31 minutes ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

I agree with what you guys are saying, I've changed it to gold rather than yellow. I think it's a lot easier to read now. Thanks for the feedback!

it is, thanks! Looking forward to seeing you follow this draft class (and me, mostly me).

Edited by McWolf