Miami Marauders Press Conference

bigAL

On 5/17/2020 at 2:44 PM, bigAL said:

Welcome to the inaugural Miami Marauders Press Conference! Right now we don't have any team members, but once you're drafted, come here and introduce yourself by answering these six questions:

1. Why and when did you join the VHL?

I join vhl because I love hockey and the game I join last month just after Christmas 

2. How do you plan on earning TPE this season? Training 

3. What do you like and/or dislike in a team discord locker room? Actually talking to people about the game 

4. What strengths do you bring to the Marauders? My faceoffs and my passing 

5. What's the sports-related achievement you are most proud of? Darts 

6. What are you doing to bring you happiness during the pandemic? Shooting pucks every day 

Week ending January 29

1. Has your player done as well as you thought they would do this season or have they over/under preformed.

2. What has been the best moment of 2024 for you?

3. What is your dream vacation?

4. What is your favorite part about the vhl?

5. Who are you rooting for in the vhl and if you don't have a team you want to root for in the vhl how about the vhle.

6. What city would you love to like in the most?

35 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Week ending January 29

1. Has your player done as well as you thought they would do this season or have they over/under preformed.

5. Who are you rooting for in the vhl and if you don't have a team you want to root for in the vhl how about the vhle.

1. My player is still fairly new so I'm not really sure if I can say how well he's doing.
2. So far, probably just hanging out with friends & family. Nothing too exciting has happened yet.
3. I would love to go somewhere like Hawaii, I think it would be a fantastic place to relax, have fun, and it would even be nice to explore their culture and learn about it.
4. I love how pretty the site and teams are, it's pretty easy to navigate. And the simming stuff is really cool too, I like the idea of all of it, to add on, the people that I've met so far are amazing and make it all the more fun.
5. I dunno much about many of the teams but if I were to choose from the VHL, I'd probably root for the Vancouver Wolves. (only bc I like wolves but yk lmaoo)
6. Edmonton or maybe any big city for the opportunities.

4 hours ago, Jonny said:

Week ending January 29

1-My player Isaak Robinson for a rookie year I think I am doing very well ! I am not the best but i know that my level is incracing at every game!

2- I have seen a show of Beartooth and it was insane

3- My dream vacation is to see a lot of metal show and play a lot of music too!

4- The hockey game the hockey is my sport and i love it its insane its like a story of love !

5- I will root for the Stockolm vikings because i think its a very good team and they can make a long run in the playoff and their name they scare me off!

6- Montreal where i come from ! 

7 hours ago, Jonny said:

Week ending January 29

I must say you Humans value fair play way too much.  A little adversity could do you some good.  Because of this it is hampering my performance with all these so called "penalties" being called on me.

I wasn't sure of my fellow teammates and how they would perform.  They have done very well thus are and I am proud to say we have stayed on top of the standings.  It won't me long until we start to dominate the Minors.

My dream vacation is going back to Terek Nor, where I gave the Bajoran people their freedom from a mundane existence.  Since I can no longer go back there, I live where people vacation.  What more do you need?

My favorite part of the VHL is my General Manager. Tet, has been extremely helpful and personable.  They bend over backwards to make any and all players feel welcomed.  Thank you, Tet!

I only care about the league I currently play in.  I have not paid attention to any other part of the VHL.  The only team I will root for is the team I play on.  Let's go Miami Marauders!

I prefer to live in my current city of Miami.  The weather reminds me of Cardassia and the tropical foliage also reminds me of Cardassia before the planet was stripped mined to the planet you see today.  

Edited by MSouthworth

Week ending February 5

1. What are you going to do for theme week? 

2. What is your favorite holiday

3. Is this your first player you have created if not how many have you made?

5. What is your player's favorite color

6. What is your favorite Olympic sport 

1 minute ago, Jonny said:

Week ending February 5

1. What are you going to do for theme week?  I am unsure of what you mean, but I created a graphic for All-Star week.  I will also go camping if I don't get selected to the All-Star game.  I am an undervalued player who people overlook, that will be their downfall.

2. What is your favorite holiday?  My favorite holiday is Patriots day, we celebrate everyJanuary 12th.  We celebrate Cardassian Pride and Patriotism. You should too.

3. Is this your first player you have created if not how many have you made? Yes, this is my first player I have made for the VHL.  We will see if I plan on making more after this career comes to a close in the distant future.

4. What is your favorite part about the vhl? I for one like the updates and how a lot of it is automatically done for the most part.  I also like how everyone is helping and sharing tips for creating graphics.

5. What is your player's favorite color? My favorite color is Green.  I love seeing the green flow down on the ground from the blood of deceitful Romulans breathe their last breath.

6. What is your favorite Olympic sport ? My favorite Olympic sport is woman's figure skating.  If I had not become a hockey player I would join them for duos.  It is graceful and the outfits are very fantastic and imaginative.

11 hours ago, Jonny said:

Week ending February 5

1. I've already written a little 500-word article for it about rising stars becoming potential all-stars. It's short and sweet and it's my first time doing anything like it so I'm just hoping I did it correctly.
2. I love Halloween, aside from the leftover candy it's always nice to see the smiles on people's faces when you open the door and give them a handful or two.

3. Yes! Oliver Loo is my first and not my last, at least I'm hoping so if I can stay motivated and nothing else gets in the way. 

4. I really like the idea of making a player, doing little tasks to improve them, and watching how well they do in their careers. The whole simming stuff and creative side is just amazing too.

5. Lavender. The pale purple color reminds me of my childhood (from being around lilac bushes a lot), always reminding me of how far I've come. 

6. Snowboarding! Just watching people go really fast across snow is something I always found to be exciting, it's something I'd like to try if given the chance.

On 1/30/2024 at 6:58 PM, Jonny said:

1. Not sure yet.  Probably some nonsense about my player being a future all star

2. Christmas

3. Ninefingers is my second player.  Brian Payne was first player.

4. I like watching my player grow and get better.

5. Black (Vancouver colors)

6. hockey

On 1/30/2024 at 8:58 PM, Jonny said:

Week ending February 5

A: I'm not so sure yet but, I'll think of something!

A: Definitely Christmas, the time with family and friends is nice.

A: Yup. It is my first player created.

A: I like the community, they have been friendly.

A: Teal.

A: Hockey!

1. What drove you to join the vhl?

2. Is your player a first Gen? If not how many players have you made?

3. What is your favorite pizza type?

4. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

5. Do you like pineapple on pizza?

6. What is your favorite show?

12 minutes ago, Jonny said:

1. What drove you to join the vhl? found it from a baseball sim league

2. Is your player a first Gen? If not how many players have you made? 8? lost track

3. What is your favorite pizza type? jalapenos, banana peppers and italian sausage on a PAN pizza

4. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? anything with peanut butter

5. Do you like pineapple on pizza? no

6. What is your favorite show? i love to watch john oliver on hbo

18 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Wow, did it really not post from before??

1. Sam from when she joined the PBE linked me.  I guess I should be listed as a recruit for her, eh?

2. This is my first gen player and if things go well may be the first of many more!

3. I have a palate of a six year old so I like the classic New York style pepperoni pizza.

4. I am not a fan of sweets or cold things.  Cold hurts me teeth, probably from over brushing.  I also prefer savory over sweet however I guess I would go with moose tracks or vanilla if I want a root beer float.  Root beer is so bubbly, and cloying, and happy! That is a drink I have grown up on and it the rare sweet I do enjoy.

5. Like I mentioned before I don’t like sweets and the includes fruit.  I will tolerate it just to stay somewhat healthy.  On a pizza though?  No way.

6. Isn’t obvious?  My little pony! Wait? No! it’s Star Trek DS9. It’s the way I wish the future would be that we will never see.  Transporting to work would be awesome and not have to drive.  Save money on gas and get up 5 min before work.  No excuse for being late!  Replicators would be a complete game changer but that would never see the light of day.

20 hours ago, Jonny said:

1. I wanted to try something creative and hockey, the VHL offers an area where I can see things hockey and be creative so it works out if I can stay motivated. & the simming stuff is something that amazes me; the idea of following the career of a custom player is something I didn't think existed so it was refreshing to see that it actually existed.
2. Yes! This is my first player that I've ever created, I'm learning things as I go that I can hopefully apply to my next players if I do get to the point of making them.
3. I'm basic with my pepperoni pizza, sometimes a meat lovers but I think pepperoni takes the cake.
4. Vanilla! I just prefer the flavor of it, it stands out above the rest for me.
5. Occasionally, if I'm in a silly mood and want that extra zest.
6. I'm reallyyyyyy into Chicago Fire at the moment, I like a lengthy series that's still getting new episodes, plus it's about firefighters so it's a win-win.

Press conference week ending February 19th

1. How far do you think we will get in the playoffs?

2. What is your favorite summer Olympic sport ( no hockey)

3. What is your dream vacation

4. Has your player ever been ia before? If not how close have you been?

5. What is your favorite food?

6. What is your favorite video game or movie?

Edited by Jonny

15 minutes ago, Jonny said:

1. How far do you think we will get in the playoffs? I have no doubt we are going to win it all.  No team can compare to our greatness and don't be fooled that we let you win some games.

2. What is your favorite summer Olympic sport ( no hockey) Without a doubt it will be the human game of baseball Captain Sisko so was so fond of.  It is a very complex and strategic game just like hockey.

3. What is your dream vacation? My dream vacation is to go back to Risa.  Perfect tropical weather with no rain and many activites to partake in.

4. Has your player ever been ia before? If not how close have you been?  This is my first place who has not been IA, and has yet to come close to being IA.  Maybe I will try it to see how it feels.

5. What is your favorite food? A steak that is properly cooked with great marbling is the perfect food that requires little seasoning.

6. What is your favorite video game or movie? My favorite video game of all time is World of Warcraft.  It is the only game that I played for over 15 years, no other game comes that close.  Unfortuntately, the game has become reptitive and even worse the community has become toxic.  I once proud community is full of little brats that want instant gratification while tearing others down.

23 minutes ago, Jonny said:

1. How far do you think we will get in the playoffs?

2. What is your favorite summer Olympic sport ( no hockey)

3. What is your dream vacation

4. Has your player ever been ia before? If not how close have you been?

5. What is your favorite food?

6. What is your favorite video game or movie?

1. I think we'll make it pretty far depending on the matchups, the only teams that worry me are the Reapers and the Aces due to their ability to maintain their #1 spots in their respective conferences.
2. Sailing! I dunno what it is about it but just watching the little boats race with just the sails and such is so entertaining to me.
3. Hawaii or some other tropical place, I think I'd love the chance to experience the culture and get to see someplace new. I'd really enjoy the chance to experience all the stuff out there in person too.
4. Nope! This is my first player so I'm not too sure how close he would be to being IA.
5. I love ribs in any kind of BBQ sauce, there's just nothing that I can think of that beats it. Maybe a stirfry but even then ribs are just so so so good.
6. My fav video game of all time is probably Halo, just for the fact that I've been playing it forever, it was one of the first games I picked up when I was younger.

Week ending February 26th

1. Did the teams you thought would win the wildcard spot win? 

2. Has your player lived up to your expectations this season?

3. Are you a cat person or a dog person or neither?

4. What is your favorite animal

5. What do you like better golf or mini golf?

6. What is your favorite Star wars or Star Trek or neither?

19 minutes ago, Jonny said:

1. Did the teams you thought would win the wildcard spot win?  Yes, Miami, did win their series just as I had expected.  Just as they will in the upcoming series.

2. Has your player lived up to your expectations this season?  No,  I expected more hits, blocked shots and a better +/-.  They still have a chance to redeem themselves in the playoffs.

3. Are you a cat person or a dog person or neither?  I deal with enough needy people,  I can’t deal with a needy pet.  I am a Cat person as they can be sufficient on their own.  They also are a lot less dangerous.  You never hear about a Cat mauling or killing anyone.

4. What is your favorite animal? Cat,  just as discussed as before.  They don’t require as much care but they can give as much love as a dog.

5. What do you like better golf or mini golf?  They both are boring but at least mini golf you don’t have to walk as far.  I will take mini golf any day.

6. What is your favorite Star wars or Star Trek or neither? Hah,  guess!  Star Trek is for the more refined wanting a better future.  Star Wars is more for the people who have no attention and just want to see action and chaos.  Depending on the day I could go for both, but at the end of most days I prefer Star Trek.

Edited by MSouthworth

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

1. Yes! They went just as I had thought they would. The teams that I thought would win did!
2. Yes, he did. I didn't expect him to be amazing but he's doing ok, so he's doing just as I thought he would.
3. I'm more of a dog person! I just love how energetic and playful they can be, they make awesome companions.
4. I love wolves, I mainly like how they look and act, just watching them makes me happy. Especially seeing how they hunt.
5. Either or, as long as I get to play it with friends or family it's always a blast. Though if I had to pick I'd go with mini golf, I like the smaller courses and just find them a little more fun. 
6. Star Wars! I could never get into Star Trek. I love how expansive the universe is and how many stories you can read or watch, it's always fun to learn about new characters as the developers are pretty good at making them. I adore the worldbuilding and how much there is too.

5 hours ago, Jonny said:

1. I was really rooting for anyone besides us

2. No I wanted that 100 point marker

3. Cat my dog barks every morning (my cat doesn’t bark)

4. Your mom

5. neither they both suck

6. Star Wars all the way

2 hours ago, NineIQ v2 said:

1. I was really rooting for anyone besides us

2. No I wanted that 100 point marker

3. Cat my dog barks every morning (my cat doesn’t bark)

4. Your mom

5. neither they both suck

6. Star Wars all the way

How dare u grrr 

15 hours ago, Jonny said:

1. Haven't really followed the M but in the VHL I would say it was a surprising season, tons of parity!

2. Not really during the regular season but he's proven why he's a star in the league so far during the playoffs again!

3. I've been both, but there is something special about a bond with dogs and they are way easier to train and live with lol

4. Probably a polar bear or a fox.  I would totally have a fox as a pet.

5. Mini golf all the way.  Especially glow in the dark :)

6. Neither really, but I like the one where Anakin is a kid, forget which one that is lol

• 2 weeks later...

Miami Mauraders Press Conference Week Ending March 10 2024

1. Tetricide has moved up to GM the Prague Phantoms! How do you think he will do at the helm of the Phantoms?

2. The OG GM of the Miami Marauders is back in Miami. Does Ricer have what it takes to bring another championship to Miami?

3. What changes would you like to see to the Miami organization?

4. What are your plans for your player going forward?

5. What is your dream holiday destination and why?

6. I’m currently in Hawaii! Is it ridiculous I’m doing a presser while on vacation?! Lmao

On 3/4/2024 at 11:04 PM, Ricer13 said:

Miami Mauraders Press Conference Week Ending March 10 2024

1. Tetricide has moved up to GM the Prague Phantoms! How do you think he will do at the helm of the Phantoms?

2. The OG GM of the Miami Marauders is back in Miami. Does Ricer have what it takes to bring another championship to Miami?

3. What changes would you like to see to the Miami organization?

4. What are your plans for your player going forward?

5. What is your dream holiday destination and why?

6. I’m currently in Hawaii! Is it ridiculous I’m doing a presser while on vacation?! Lmao

1. I think he'll do spectacularly, he got us so far with the gm'ing he did here in Miami so with that applied to Prague I think he'll do amazing.

2. Yepperino, if he's as legendary as his status suggests he's got this in the bag.

3. With the changes that have already happened with GM's I don't think there is much to change, so nothing much really.

4. TWF TWF TWF TWF TWF, maybe a little more for his offensive stats but otherwise TWF.

5. Hawaii, I'd love the chance to explore a new place and learn new cultures and customs in person instead of online.

6. You presser away you productive king/queen, we love you for that. A little silly but good stuff nonetheless lol.