Miami Marauders Press Conference

bigAL

On 9/13/2020 at 9:39 AM, Ricer13 said:

Press Conference ending September 20th 2020

1. We are well into the off season now which means drafts! Our boy Luke Thornton fell from ranked 1st overall to 11th overall in the draft. Is this the steal of the draft for Calgary?

2. How do you all feel about the VHL teams that drafted you? Would there be any other team that you would have liked to be drafted by?

3. Miami is looking to become a playoff team yet again. Do you think GM Rice has what it takes to sneak them in?

4. The AGM announcement is coming soon for Miami, Who is your guess on who takes the spot?

Fun Questions

5. Do you like football? If so, who is your favourite NFL team? If not, then what other sport team do you like the most?

6. Dallas has a 3-1 lead over Vegas right now in the NHL does Dallas win the series? and who out of the east will they play in the finals?

Question 1 : definitely

Question 2 : I'd like to play for this team

Question 3 : Yes I think he's a very great GM

Question 4 : idk

Question 5 : Cleveland Browns

Question 6 : Dallas won 

On 9/6/2020 at 9:07 AM, Ricer13 said:

Finals Presser...Week ending Sept. 13 2020

1. Do you believe defense or offense wins championship? Why?

I believe both cuz if you don’t have defence then that leads to a terrible playoff run and if you don’t have offence then again bad playoff run

2. Which forward has been your playoff MVP to date?

Honestly idk

3. Which Defender has been your playoff MVP to date?

Idk sorry

4. Regardless of whether Miami wins the cup, is this season a success? Why or why not?

yes it was a success these kind of stuff happen in the playoffs the team worked their ass off and that’s what matter

5. Are you excited to be moving on up to the VHL after this season?

I got drafted yesterday but yes I will do whatever it takes to play in the VHL can’t wait to play in the Big League 

What chances does your vhl team have of making the playoffs?

after looking at my VHL teammates stats and attributes I think we gonna do great this season

6. What is one thing you enjoyed about your time in Miami?

I got drafted yesterday but ik it’s going to be fun

Miami Marauders Press Conference: Week ending Sept 27th 2020

1. Who is our MVP so far this season and why?

2. The GM has made some moves to inject depth throughout the line up. What are your thoughts on these moves?

3. Why do you think players are okay with just earning welfare/practice facility rather than put in the work to make their players elite?

4. What are your thoughts on the Miami LR so far?

Get to know ya questions:

5. Lots of new faces on our team I want to know which NHL team is your favourite and why?

6. What country do you live in and what country do you want to visit the most?

1. Who is our MVP so far this season and why? I honestly think it is too early to tell.

2. The GM has made some moves to inject depth throughout the line up. What are your thoughts on these moves? Whatever is best for the team.

3. Why do you think players are okay with just earning welfare/practice facility rather than put in the work to make their players elite?I am one of the people that do this and TBH I would rather be steady and organized rather than running around like a VHL maniac.

4. What are your thoughts on the Miami LR so far? Its good

5. Lots of new faces on our team I want to know which NHL team is your favorite and why? Pittsburgh Penguins and because I live in Pittsburgh

6. What country do you live in and what country do you want to visit the most? USA and prob Germany

21 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

Eoin Byrne in my opinion. I like players with a good +/-. I think more points will follow soon.

2. The GM has made some moves to inject depth throughout the line up. What are your thoughts on these moves?

I think the GM has put a very solid roster together. I'm glad I was acquired in one of these trades.

3. Why do you think players are okay with just earning welfare/practice facility rather than put in the work to make their players elite?

It's less work, and maybe not everyone is looking to make an elite player.

It's not bad.

5. Lots of new faces on our team I want to know which NHL team is your favourite and why?

Montreal Canadiens because they're the closest team to where I live.

Canada, and I'd like to visit Australia at some point.

On 9/20/2020 at 1:58 PM, Ricer13 said:

5. Lots of new faces on our team I want to know which NHL team is your favorite and why?

1. I think Peter Louis II is our MVP this season so far because he is leading the team with 8 points and bringing our team to victory.

2. I trust management, and any moves they make to improve the team i agree with.

3. Some players may not know how to earn the most TPE or may not have time to do anything other then claim practice/welfare.

4. I think the Miami LR is very supportive, helpful, and friendly to everyone.

5. The Boston Bruins are probably my favorite because my friend likes them so its the only team i am ever really updated with in the NHL. 

6. I live in Canada and i would really like to visit Poland because i have family there, or Japan because it is really pretty there, specially in the spring.

On 9/20/2020 at 11:58 AM, Ricer13 said:

1. Eion Byrne, he’s made a huge impact in the locker room and on the ice I’m super happy seeing him step up to the plate after coming back to Miami.

2. I think the moves should help the team grow but based on the last trade and how the season has been going I’m expecting the top players to be traded by deadline and what should be depth players take on a more challenging role.

3. I don’t get it, especially with how easy it is to earn the cap every week, I guess some people just don’t have the time or lose interest.

4. It’s definitely dropped a bit in activity but the alumni and some players have helped keep it more active.

5. Detroit RedWings, I love the history of the team and when first got into hockey they were one of the dominant teams and I loved watching Datsuyk and Zetterberg play.

6. Canada, and I’m hoping to play hockey somewhere in Europe at some so Sweden would a cool place to play in.

Press Conferences week ending October 4th 2020

1. Miami just had its toughest stretch of games of the season playing against many of the top teams. Do you think they will make the playoffs?
2. What can GM Ricer do to improve Miami's team this season while also setting the team up for the future?
3. Which VHLM team logo do you like the best and why?
4. Blob was just traded away to Mississauga so Miami could replenish their draft picks. Was this a good move?

Get to know ya questions

5. What is your favorite game day meal?
6. Which holiday is your favorite holiday of the year?

1 hour ago, Ricer13 said:

1. Miami just had its toughest stretch of games of the season playing against many of the top teams. Do you think they will make the playoffs?
2. What can GM Ricer do to improve Miami's team this season while also setting the team up for the future?
4. Blob was just traded away to Mississauga so Miami could replenish their draft picks. Was this a good move?

Get to know ya questions

1. I think the teams that are in the top now will keep getting better and stay at the top.

2. I think ricer is already doing a great job at keeping the team updated on how to achieve the most success for their player now and in the future.

3. The Saskatoon logo is my favorite because its cute and fierce.

4. considering that we are not a contending team for the cup, i think this was a good move and will benefit the team in the future.

5. chicken wings are always the best on game day!

6. Halloween!!! 

On 9/28/2020 at 6:55 PM, Ricer13 said:

Get to know ya questions

Number 1. I think we did good tbh.

Number 2. Well it's up to us players we need to get better by doing point tasks.

Number 3. Um idk maybe Miami's cause it's pretty good ngl

Number 4. I'm gonna miss him hope he has a good season over there and yes I hope we some good draft picks

Number 5. Steak and some potatoes

Number 6. Halloween

Get to know ya questions

1) I think there is a bit of a gap in the standings that we'll have to make up so making the playoffs will definitely be a challenge. But as a new player coming in I'm determined to do my best to provide a spark and hoping we can put together a solid rest of the season and sneak in!

2) In my short time here I think the GM is doing a great job. I was impressed with the team's pitch and helpfulness, which was a big factor in my decision to sign here. I think he's just got to keep doing what he's doing and the team has a bright future!

3) I love the Marauders' logo. I'm a fan of the Aces and Reapers as well, but I think ours is awesome. I don't really know why - just think it looks pretty cool.

4) Blob is a solid VHLM defenseman but it is obvious that Miami needs to focus on the future ahead of the current season, so it's definitely a move that makes sense for the team.

5) For me, nothing beats chicken parmesan on game day.

6) Little cliché but I have to go with Christmas here.

Get to know ya questions

1. They played great teams so it was expected if they can rebound and get hot I think they have a chance.

2. I think he can trade for more picks as I think we are trying to build for the future.

3. I think Miami’s logo looks cool.

4. Yes, as I said I think we are trying to build for the future by getting draft picks.

5. Chicken for me!

6. Christmas!

On 9/28/2020 at 5:55 PM, Ricer13 said:

Get to know ya questions

1. I have faith lots of good team but I also think we are good enough to squeak in.
2. It's a balance, you can't really have both unless you make some steals in trading.
3. For me I think it's Miami, such a cool logo and very well shaded / designed and compared to the rest I think only Ottawa and Las Vegas come close to it.

4. Absolutely Miami needs to invest in it's future.

5. Bacon and Eggs 
6. Christmas, it comes attached with a nice winter break and it's ODR weather.

On 9/28/2020 at 7:55 PM, Ricer13 said:

Get to know ya questions

1.I Think this team still has an opportunity to bounce back especially with the addition of new players.

2.Depth is the most important thing, especially at center and defense where there is limited options.

3.lol probably ours.

4.In terms of looking towards the future I think it was a good move to help rebuild our squad.

5.glizzys

6.christmas, i like da snow

On 9/28/2020 at 7:55 PM, Ricer13 said:

Get to know ya questions

1. Honestly, it’s a win-win for me. If we make the playoffs, great. Thats our main goal. If not, we will get a good draft pick

2. I think with one quarter left in the season, we should either decide to sell or to buy based on our position in the standings.

3.  I love ours, but I think the Hounds is the best. 

4. Since we’re struggling, I think it was a great move to improve our chances for next year

5. Has to be yogurt and a granola bar. Protein blast 

6. Christmas because you get a bunch of stuff you want for free

On 9/29/2020 at 1:55 AM, Ricer13 said:

Get to know ya questions

1.Yes, definitely.

2. Bring in more depth

3. I actually really like the Prague Phanthoms one

4. I think it was, we dont really have a title winning team based on the table

5. Some beef 

6. Christmas because of the food?

Press Conference questions for week end Oct 11 2020

1. It’s been a crazy few days with the vhl recruitment drive, how do you feel about all the new additions to the team?

2. How much TPE do you plan to earn each week? Give me a quick breakdown.

3. Miami sits 11 points back of 8th place with half a season to go. Can they make up ground and push for that 8th spot?

4. Do you think Miami should make any moves before the trade deadline?

5. We have a ton of new faces and I love to know where everyone’s allegiances lie when it comes to the NHL. Who is your favourite hockey team?

6. Piggy backing off the last question which team or teams in the NHL do you despise?

1 hour ago, Ricer13 said:

1. It’s been a crazy few days with the vhl recruitment drive, how do you feel about all the new additions to the team?

3. Miami sits 11 points back of 8th place with half a season to go. Can they make up ground and push for that 8th spot?

5. We have a ton of new faces and I love to know where everyone’s allegiances lie when it comes to the NHL. Who is your favourite hockey team?

6. Piggy backing off the last question which team or teams in the NHL do you despise?

1. New players are always good, help contribute to the team.

2. I plan to max each week, but sometimes claim welfare if i need to.

3. with all new players hopefully we can make it to 8th.

4. No, i think that will make us tank.

5. Boston Bruins 

6. I personally do not despise any NHL team.

2 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

1. It's been crazy how many new players have signed up for the VHL are are looking for a VHLM team. Cabe McJake has been putting in some good work and we've seen a few other new players around the locker room which is great to see! I think we've got some good new players that can definitely help the playoff push here.

2. I plan to do everything I can. I'll be at practice every week and putting in the maximum amount of work I can to earn TPE (hit the 12 cap every week). I'm looking for other opportunities to earn TPE where I can too.

3. It's going to be tough but we're in a good spot in our schedule right now, we have some good new additions, and I'm committed to putting in the work and doing what I can to get us there. Hopefully we can go on a bit of a run.

4. I don't think we need to. We have a group where we can try to make a playoff push and it wouldn't make sense to sacrifice futures for an addition as competing with the elite VHLM teams is unrealistic this year, but I think keeping the group we have in place to give us a chance to fight for the playoff spot is good.

5. I'm a Jets fan. When the Jets left Winnipeg I became a Canucks fan because the Moose had sent so many players up there and they were doing really well, so I still have a bit of a soft spot for them when the Jets are out.

6. Chicago. I don't much like Toronto, Boston, LA, or Vegas either, but despise? The team I hate with an absolute passion is Chicago.

Edited by tcookie25

2 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

1.I feel the multiple additions including mah boi Addison McLaren have really invigorated the team lately.

2.I plan on maxing out when I can by doing press conferences, trivia, media spots and reviews. Unfortunately this week I am busy so my broke ass will be claiming welfare

3.100% This team no doubt has what it takes, we just have to keep pushing.

4.Nah, I think we have a lot of good new players right now who would benefit from the experiences of making a playoff push. Plus it will allow the players to build chemistry with each other for longer.

5.Leafs baby

6.SAN JOSE............

jk its boston obviously.

On 10/4/2020 at 11:09 PM, Ricer13 said:

1. As one of the new additions, I’m really liking the group of players that we have here in Miami

2. It’s my first week here in the VHL but I’ve earned over 11 points so far this week. 5 for a junior review, 4 from welfare, and 2 from practice

3. Yes we can, we just picked up 2 big wins against Saskatoon and San Diego and I could see the boys push it into a new gear and really surprise the entire league

4. We could pick up a D-Man possibly, I think we’re pretty short only having 3 defensemen

5. Buffalo Sabres without a doubt

6. Toronto, Boston, Dallas

I think we've got a really cool squad. I hope wins follow, but definitely a good atmosphere.

not a lot. welfare, practice, trivia, and sometimes press conferences. 4 + 2 + 2 + 2.

Absolutely.

I like the group we have put together right now. We just have to keep getting our TPE and grow a bit.

Montreal Canadiens

Boston Bruins, Toronto Maple Leafs, Ottawa Senators, New Jersey Devils, New York Rangers(sometimes).

1. It’s been a crazy few days with the vhl recruitment drive, how do you feel about all the new additions to the team? I think it’s great all will fit in .

Just the Usual press conference practice welfare or article

I’m sure we can finish strong .

4. Do you think Miami should make any moves before the trade deadline?  Not sure 

5. We have a ton of new faces and I love to know where everyone’s allegiances lie when it comes to the NHL. Who is your favourite hockey team? Canucks

6. Piggy backing off the last question which team or teams in the NHL do you despise? Boston

1. Only addition that matters is me, because im the best.

2.wlefare, practice, this shit, and a junior review maybe. also i might buy TPE.

3.with tcha boi on the team now definetly

4.trade everybody except for me

5.Leafs maybe idek anymore

6.Montreal

On 10/5/2020 at 5:09 AM, Ricer13 said:

1) Depth to the squad is always good, if they contribute, even better.

2) I would like to hit the max each week.

3) Ofcourse we can, some big sims and we're there.

4) I think no, we have great players on every position.

5) I have quite a few of them, but the team i like the most are: Chicago, Boston and Phillies.

6) I wouldnt say i despise, but i dont like Washington and Ovi ( please dont kill me )