Miami Marauders Press Conference

bigAL

On 8/23/2020 at 4:43 PM, bigAL said:

? It's the most wonderful time of the year ?PLAYOFF HYPE IS HERE!

*as always, don't forget to click the underlined hyperlinks for more information where needed

1. Holy moly, we've got three games left at time of publishing, and we've got a 5 point lead for the Prime Minister's Cup. What was the biggest factor in our league-leading regular season?

2. Along with the end of the regular season comes the end of regular season awards eligibility. Which award do you want to be considered for, and why?

3. If you aren't planning on winning any awards, nominate someone from our team for an individual award.

4. There's a significant gap between the 7th and 8th place teams. With the PM's Cup, we'll draw #8 Philadelphia Reapers. What's the key to winning a series with Philly?

5. Philly has a historically elite goalie having a historically elite VHLM season. How the heck do we solve John Poremba?

6. How will you reset after the regular season to prepare yourself for a long playoff run?

Players:

1). Defense. That and goal tending. We have been really stellar at times when we shut other teams down completely.

2). I'm not sure I would win any, I can think of numerous players in each category that deserve the award more than me.

3). Matty Socks for DOTY. Incredible season.

4). Shutting them out completely. They don't have an offense, so locking them down will ensure victory.

5). Shots, shots, and more shots.

6). Eat more wheaties, and remind myself every game is an absolute battle.

? It's the most wonderful time of the year ?PLAYOFF HYPE IS HERE!

*as always, don't forget to click the underlined hyperlinks for more information where needed

1. Holy moly, we've got three games left at time of publishing, and we've got a 5 point lead for the Prime Minister's Cup. What was the biggest factor in our league-leading regular season?  Trading away some players.

2. Along with the end of the regular season comes the end of regular season awards eligibility. Which award do you want to be considered for, and why? No awards, I am only here for team.

3. If you aren't planning on winning any awards, nominate someone from our team for an individual award. I don't think I will. Nobody should win an award unless we win the cup.

4. There's a significant gap between the 7th and 8th place teams. With the PM's Cup, we'll draw #8 Philadelphia Reapers. What's the key to winning a series with Philly? There is no key. We could beat them with our eyes closed and both hands tied behind our back.

5. Philly has a historically elite goalie having a historically elite VHLM season. How the heck do we solve John Poremba? Who is he?

6. How will you reset after the regular season to prepare yourself for a long playoff run? I won't reset, I am gonna continue the same way like I kept going in regular season.

? It's the most wonderful time of the year ?PLAYOFF HYPE IS HERE!

Moose: I hate that song

1. Holy moly, we've got three games left at time of publishing, and we've got a 5 point lead for the Prime Minister's Cup. What was the biggest factor in our league-leading regular season?

King: “We just play our game. We got a lot of talent and we’ve used that all year with some great coaching to get us through any rough spots. I’m proud of what this team has done and I’m excited for the playoffs.”

2. Along with the end of the regular season comes the end of regular season awards eligibility. Which award do you want to be considered for, and why?

King: “I think my regular season kinda fell below what we were all hoping for. I’m looking forward to competing for that Skylar Rift Playoff MVP Award. That’s my focus as a player and just to make sure we’re doing all we can to be Founder’s Cup champions.”

3. If you aren't planning on winning any awards, nominate someone from our team for an individual award.

King: “Immediately I think of Luke Thornton, Matty Socks, Patrik Laine all for MVP. Bacon was an absolute stud in net and without him, every game could’ve been out of hand. Bacon’s the clear goalie of the year for the M. Socks has to be best D-Man. After that, man, there’s so many great players on this roster that all deserve so much credit.”

4. There's a significant gap between the 7th and 8th place teams. With the PM's Cup, we'll draw #8 Philadelphia Reapers. What's the key to winning a series with Philly?

King: “Always play our game. It’s the cliché answer but the right one. They’re an 8 seed but hockey is a crazy sport. We can’t sleep on anyone.”

5. Philly has a historically elite goalie having a historically elite VHLM season. How the heck do we solve John Poremba?

King: “Get pucks on net, get traffic in front of him. He’s really been a driving force for that team and we’re not gonna rattle him. We gotta get pucks in deep and get to the net for rebounds.”

6. How will you reset after the regular season to prepare yourself for a long playoff run?

King: “For me it’s staying this course. I had a rough middle of the season and kind got going again after World Juniors so I just need to stay on track and keep hitting the net.”

? It's the most wonderful time of the year ?PLAYOFF HYPE IS HERE!

1. Holy moly, we've got three games left at time of publishing, and we've got a 5 point lead for the Prime Minister's Cup. What was the biggest factor in our league-leading regular season?

Our defence 1000%

2. Along with the end of the regular season comes the end of regular season awards eligibility. Which award do you want to be considered for, and why?

I'm not worth considered for any regular season awards.

3. If you aren't planning on winning any awards, nominate someone from our team for an individual award.

Bacon will be a nominee for the best Goalie and Matty Socks will be a nominee for the best d-men for sure.

4. There's a significant gap between the 7th and 8th place teams. With the PM's Cup, we'll draw #8 Philadelphia Reapers. What's the key to winning a series with Philly?

Don't let them score.

5. Philly has a historically elite goalie having a historically elite VHLM season. How the heck do we solve John Poremba?

His blocker side seems weak.

Just a couple of pizzas should do the trick.

PLAYOFF PRESSER!

1. The Miami Marauders have just finished sweeping the Philadelphia Reapers. What was the key to finishing that series so quickly?

2. The Miami Marauders have entered the second round of the playoffs for the first time in franchise history. How are you and the team celebrating this historic run?

3. Who are you expecting to step up and take their game to a higher gear in Round 2?

4. The scoreboard-watching is over - we're facing off with the San Diego Marlins. What's your scouting report on them?

5. Do you have any playoff superstitions?

6. Playoff beards: y/n?

PLAYOFF PRESSER!

1. The Miami Marauders have just finished sweeping the Philadelphia Reapers. What was the key to finishing that series so quickly?

King: “We had a really great series. We played our game in all three zones and especially shutting them down in the neutral zone. Bacon was a stud in goal. Can’t say enough about how well he’s played especially against one of the best this season on the other side. It was a goalie duel at times and Bacon was a brick wall. It was a complete series.”

2. The Miami Marauders have entered the second round of the playoffs for the first time in franchise history. How are you and the team celebrating this historic run?

King: “I think we just gotta stay focused. We’re getting a tough matchup in San Diego or Vegas, and those are two teams that know how to play deep. We can’t let this time off make us content to the process. We’re one step closer but there’s still plenty of hockey left in the year.”

3. Who are you expecting to step up and take their game to a higher gear in Round 2?

King: “Gotta start with me. I’ve got a nice pace going here with a solid 4 in 4 but I gotta take that to the next level in round two. Regardless of opponent we’ll be playing tougher top lines in round two and whether it’s Merrick, Waters, or Angellini, I’ll be taking draws against some high-level competitors.”

4. The scoreboard-watching is over - we're facing off with the San Diego Marlins. What's your scouting report on them?

King: “Well I think Vegas still has a shot unless I missed where Game 6 was posted. Either way, if we do play San Diego in round 2 they’re a great club that obviously I have attachment to as the AGM. I’ll be excited to get San Diego to a championship in the future but right now I want to win as a player.”

King: “Nothing that is different than the regular season.”

King: “Always.”

Honestly I am not sure. I do know my guy didn't need to score, so that is a definite improvement over last season!

By celebrating for one night, then getting back to work. Being "just happy to be here" is how you go home, and there is no next year for a lot of us in the M!

Hopefully me! If not, then Laine and Bacon.

They've been pretty good. We'll have to seriously work. I believe they capitalize on shots even if they only have a few. Outshooting them alone will not get the job done.

No, though I am a little stitious.

Not for me. It naturally grows in redneck style, and not the good kind. The patchy kind. For others, sure!

22 hours ago, bigAL said:

PLAYOFF PRESSER!

1) All lines were clicking, almost everyone had points and Bacon played like a god.

2) Not celebrating yet. Only one round against the lowest ranked team. The goal is a Founder's Cup and we will not stop until we get there.

3) I see Willis taking it to the next level. He's been quiet so far and other teams are sleeping on him. I'll also jump to the next level.

4) They dominated Ottawa in 5. I was watching their films. They skate so well and we just have to match their speed. We have more star power.

5) I always grow a beard. It's a Mennonite styled beard. I also go for a skate around the ice 2 hours before the game and warm up my eyes on the bench.

6) Yes.

1. The Miami Marauders have just finished sweeping the Philadelphia Reapers. What was the key to finishing that series so quickly? Tough work good chemistry team play.

2. The Miami Marauders have entered the second round of the playoffs for the first time in franchise history. How are you and the team celebrating this historic run? Not sure yet bet it be good tho 

3. Who are you expecting to step up and take their game to a higher gear in Round 2? The whole team 

4. The scoreboard-watching is over - we're facing off with the San Diego Marlins. What's your scouting report on them? Heard their pretty tough team 

5. Do you have any playoff superstitions? Nope 

6. Playoff beards: y/n?y

On 8/30/2020 at 3:24 PM, bigAL said:

PLAYOFF PRESSER!

1. Moving fast and a strong defensive core for sure. 

2. I'm takin a fat nap

3. We're currently 2-2 with SDM, and we're already seeing new names step up and fill in some gaps. Wakaro and Willis are kinda killed game 33 which is pretty sick

4. I stand by my call for defense. We're nothing without a strong defense.

5. Never get cocky or comfortable. It's ugly and a sure path to losing. 

6. no comment lol

1. The Miami Marauders have just finished sweeping the Philadelphia Reapers. What was the key to finishing that series so quickly? Well Marauders are unstopable and they will win the cup.

2. The Miami Marauders have entered the second round of the playoffs for the first time in franchise history. How are you and the team celebrating this historic run? I don't know, no celebrating yet, until we win it all.

3. Who are you expecting to step up and take their game to a higher gear in Round 2? Bacon, he is not playing well.

4. The scoreboard-watching is over - we're facing off with the San Diego Marlins. What's your scouting report on them? I don't know, I don't care we just beat them.

5. Do you have any playoff superstitions? No, I don't.

6. Playoff beards: y/n? yes

On 5/17/2020 at 2:44 PM, bigAL said:

Welcome to the inaugural Miami Marauders Press Conference! Right now we don't have any team members, but once you're drafted, come here and introduce yourself by answering these six questions:

1. Why and when did you join the VHL?

2. How do you plan on earning TPE this season?

3. What do you like and/or dislike in a team discord locker room?

4. What strengths do you bring to the Marauders?

5. What's the sports-related achievement you are most proud of?

6. What are you doing to bring you happiness during the pandemic?

1. I joined just under a month ago because my friend said it was really fun so i decided to try it.

2. I plan on making edits and doing press conferences like these and answering the trivia to earn as much TPE as i can.

3. I am not very active in the team discord locker room but people seem to be supportive and nice for the most part.

4. If i was drafted by the Marauders i would continue to increase my TPE to make my player better.

5. I am most proud of being active in many sports and trying almost every sport for at lease a season.

6. During this pandemic i have been social distancing with friends to bring me happiness. 

On 8/30/2020 at 2:24 PM, bigAL said:

PLAYOFF PRESSER!

1). We have a strong team who knows how to play together. It’s a special group that can really compete.

2). No celebrations until we hoist the cup!

3). Myself, I have high expectations for me in this post season and I need to step it up to help the team.

4). Great offense but their goaltending could be their downfall.

5). Besides a beard, just play the game like any normal game.

6). Absolutely yes.

Finals Presser...Week ending Sept. 13 2020

1. Do you believe defense or offense wins championship? Why?

2. Which forward has been your playoff MVP to date?

3. Which Defender has been your playoff MVP to date?

4. Regardless of whether Miami wins the cup, is this season a success? Why or why not?

5. Are you excited to be moving on up to the VHL after this season? What chances does your vhl team have of making the playoffs?

6. What is one thing you enjoyed about your time in Miami?

1. Both can win if used properly.

2. Definitely Laine.

3. Bacon, without a doubt.

4. Yes because an expansion team making the Finals in their second season is hard to do.

5. Maybe, but Davis is already a playoff contender so finding a roster spot might be tough.

6. I enjoyed having supportive teammates.

1. Do you believe defense or offense wins championship? Why? Yes cause it doesn’t tire out he goalie 

2. Which forward has been your playoff MVP to date? I’m actually not sure their all mvps hard to choose one 

3. Which Defender has been your playoff MVP to date? Hard to say 

4. Regardless of whether Miami wins the cup, is this season a success? Why or why not? The chemistry on the team is been great our trainers have been great gm and coach I have good strategies.

5. Are you excited to be moving on up to the VHL after this season? What chances does your vhl team have of making the playoffs? May vhl team is in the playoffs I hope be there next season to feel the Glory as I have here with Miami

6. What is one thing you enjoyed about your time in Miami? The weather here is beautiful I wouldn’t have it any other way team has good players are good good management happy to be here thank you

13 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

4. Regardless of whether Miami wins the cup, is this season a success? Why or why not?

5. Are you excited to be moving on up to the VHL after this season? What chances does your vhl team have of making the playoffs?

1. Defense. Everyone's top priority on the ice should be to keep the puck out of their own zone. Only after that should we even think about scoring. The goalie can only do so much, and as a team, it's the players' responsibility to make the goalie work the least amount possible. 

2. Kevin @IamMOOSE King has had a kick ass playoff. STHS did not treat him well in the regular season, but that seems to have turned around. 

3. Wolf @ahockeyguy Stansson has also had a pretty good playoff streak, but I'd say @Bacon is probably our defensive MVP. 

4. Oh hell yeah. Even though we had that dip mid-season, I'd say we dominated regardless of how it finishes out. I won't be too upset if we lose to Minny in the finals, especially since they've outplayed us pretty much all season. 

5. I'm looking forward to moving up. There is a 1% chance that Chicago makes it to the playoffs. It'd be a miracle. 

6. I like winning and we did a lot of that.

23 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

I think it's clearly defense. If we can step up, we can initiate an epic comeback!

Laine or Moose. Always gotta stay with my guys!

Matty Socks. This season he has proven he is the best around.

Yes it is a success, but if we lose to Minny this is a difficult pill to swallow. So it's a mixed bag.

Honestly I am not sure how excited I am. Nervous, for sure. We will see what happens! Not actually sure what Moscow is going to look like next season, especially on D. It will be a learning curve.

I really enjoyed the LR, especially in that first season.

On 9/6/2020 at 10:07 AM, Ricer13 said:

Patrik Laine will now step up to the podium to answer questions.

1) As a forward, it would make sense for me to say offense but I think it is defense because sure putting the puck in the opposing net is good, but if you can't keep it out of your own, you won't go very far.

2) I think King and Thornton should be CO-MVPs. Both have been playing at a point/game pace and it is hard to just pick one.

3) Socks and Grachev have been playing out of their minds this postseason, so either of them would do the trick. 

4) I would say so. You came into the season as the "Champions" and were expected to dominate everyone, but as a franchise going into it's second year, how do you handle the pressure? Making it to the finals and losing admirably if we don't come back shows that even though we were runners up this year we had a lot of fight in us and took basic steps of the building of a franchise like making it to the finals.

5) I'm pretty excited to go home to Finland, but I'll miss Miami. Certainly I have a spot in my heart for Miami. Well, Helsinki is currently tied 2-2 in the Continental Cup Finals so it will be fun to see how strong we come out next year regardless of if we win or not.

6) The team as a whole. Didn't matter whether we were winning or losing, the locker room was always good. The guys in the locker room welcomed me in with open arms right away and I made some great friends like Lamb, Socks, King and many others. I was so happy that Ricer and bigAL accepted me with open arms and took a chance on me in the draft. Thanks for a great season everyone.

King: “I think it needs to be a complete team effort. It’s tough to balance but champions understand defending a lead is just as important as scoring goals.”

King: “Thornton. Luke Thornton has been amazing all postseason and deserves the recognition for his amazing work on and off the ice for us. He leads by example.”

King: “Easily Socks. He’s one of the top defensemen in the league and is easily one of the top prospects in the league.”

King: “For me personally it’s cup or bust. We’ve come so far that it’d be tough to go out on such a low note now. We’ve had a lot of great success this season and individually we’ve had a lot fo success but this team was built to win a championship and overcome opponents like Minnesota in our second season.”

King: “I’m not too focused on next season as of now. That said, I think we got a great group in Vancouver and I’m excited to join them next season, whether that’s on the wing or possible in the middle on the top 9. It’s an excited prospect but right now I’m focused on winning a championship here in Miami.”

King: “I appreciated the lockeroom and the leadership that Lamb, Laine, Ricer, Al, and so many others brought this season. We had a lot to offer each other and grew as a team and I’m honored to have been apart of this roster.”

Hot off the Presser for the week of Sept 20 - I still need the TPE so I’m still gonna ask the questions this week!

1. How is your player coping with our Finals loss?

2. How will the S73 Miami Marauders be remembered in VHLM history?

3. What will you do with the downtime between seasons?

4. What stat are you focusing on this off season?

5. Any words for the champion Minnesota Storm?

6. What is the first thing you did after leaving the VHLM Playoff Bubble?

Press Conference ending September 20th 2020

1. We are well into the off season now which means drafts! Our boy Luke Thornton fell from ranked 1st overall to 11th overall in the draft. Is this the steal of the draft for Calgary?

2. How do you all feel about the VHL teams that drafted you? Would there be any other team that you would have liked to be drafted by?

3. Miami is looking to become a playoff team yet again. Do you think GM Rice has what it takes to sneak them in?

4. The AGM announcement is coming soon for Miami, Who is your guess on who takes the spot?

Fun Questions

5. Do you like football? If so, who is your favourite NFL team? If not, then what other sport team do you like the most?

6. Dallas has a 3-1 lead over Vegas right now in the NHL does Dallas win the series? and who out of the east will they play in the finals?

1. We are well into the off season now which means drafts! Our boy Luke Thornton fell from ranked 1st overall to 11th overall in the draft. Is this the steal of the draft for Calgary?
No comment.

2. How do you all feel about the VHL teams that drafted you? Would there be any other team that you would have liked to be drafted by?
Going back to Seattle, HSK or Malmo would had been really cool, but I really am loving CGY right now.

3. Miami is looking to become a playoff team yet again. Do you think GM Rice has what it takes to sneak them in?
I hope he can do it. That will really really put him on notice as a dangerous GM for a team.

4. The AGM announcement is coming soon for Miami, Who is your guess on who takes the spot?
Z? Laine? I'm not sure who applied for it.
Fun Questions

5. Do you like football? If so, who is your favourite NFL team? If not, then what other sport team do you like the most?
Yes. The Kansas City.

6. Dallas has a 3-1 lead over Vegas right now in the NHL does Dallas win the series? and who out of the east will they play in the finals?

It would be funny ig Vegas goes all the way in the finals 

12 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

Press Conference ending September 20th 2020

Fun Questions

1. ive heard stories of them being a great player and i think that would be the steal of the draft

2. im not getting drafted to the VHL till next year, but im hoping to get drafted to Warsaw 

3. i think rice is a great gm and has the ability to make anything happen

4. its already been reveled and i know it zetterberg 

5. i dont really follow football  but if i had to pick a favorite team i would choose the eagles

6. Dallas will finish them off and out of the east, Tampa Bay will be in the finals