Yukon Rush Press Conference!

Oatex

you guys know the drill! Answer 4 for 1 TPE, all 6 for 2 TPE!

1. How do you feel about how Cow and Alex have been making moves and changing the team around?

2. Do you think Yukon can squeak out a last playoff spot at the end of the season?

3. Who is one player, that is your rival in the VHLM?

4. Do you like your position on your team, and what minutes your getting?

5. How do you feel about your teammates, do you like them?

6. Would you rather be a first line monster in the VHLM, or a low TPE, 3/4th liner in the VHL? Why?

Good luck Yukon!

1. It seems to be working swell.

2. Y to the E to the $.

3. I don't form rivalries with players.

4. Y to the E to the $.

5. Everyone in the LR has been great.

6. Bottom 6 in VHL, because at least we made it there.

17 hours ago, Alex Bridges said:

you guys know the drill! Answer 4 for 1 TPE, all 6 for 2 TPE!

1. How do you feel about how Cow and Alex have been making moves and changing the team around?

2. Do you think Yukon can squeak out a last playoff spot at the end of the season?

6. Would you rather be a first line monster in the VHLM, or a low TPE, 3/4th liner in the VHL? Why?

Good luck Yukon!

1. I like the new additions to the team

2. With the pace we're moving at it should be likely.

3. I don't have any particular rival.

4. I really like the defensive pairings we have right now 

5. I think they are all great people. I'm also glad that Bean Bagel is able to make up for my lack of +/- success.

6.Bottom 6 because I like being a depth scorer more than a star player.

I respect the move to build for the future and get draft picks.  I mean, I'd kind of like to have a little bit more help on defense but it seems like you're doing somewhat of a rebuild so I don't blame you.

I think we can do it.  I think we're partially helped by the teams below us in the Western Conference, so we should be able to make it as long as we hold steady and they don't go on a run.

Hard to name one.  I guess probably Jacob Tonn since he's a fellow goalie in the same draft class.  So we've got a bit of a rivalry because I'd like to be the best goalie in the draft.  Gyrfalcon fits that label, too.

I like being the starting goaltender for sure.  I enjoy that responsibility.

They're all cool.  I just wish they'd stop letting so many shots on goal though!

That's a difficult decision, especially when as a goalie my only real options are starter or backup.  Being a star goalie in the VHLM would be fun, but I think I'd prefer being a backup in the VHL as long as I'm on a team that's either a contender or has a lot of good teammates.

• 2 weeks later...

You guys know the drill. 

1. Were on a losing streak, how do you feel about this?

2. There have been over 50+ people who have made players lately, and not one has joined Yukon. Whats the problem?

3. We are now 2 spots out of the playoffs, are you worried?

4. If we do make the playoffs, how long will we stay in them?

5. How do you feel about your situation as a member of the team?

6. We are going to have another rough year next year, will this impact how you feel about the team? Do you plan on asking for a trade?

1. I'm very disappointed.

2. We probably need to be more involved with waivers.

3. I'm very worried.

4. I wouldn't care as long as we make it there.

5. I feel fine.

6. It probably will, trade isn't on my mind until we start losing more.

1. Were on a losing streak, how do you feel about this?

Not happy.  We've looked good in brief moments but I feel like lately the wheels have been coming off.  I'm trying my best to prevent it.

2. There have been over 50+ people who have made players lately, and not one has joined Yukon. Whats the problem?

I assume that since they're less-developed players who are only going to spend part of the season with the team, they're looking more for a competing team where they could play a smaller role.  I think we could be an attractive option, especially to a defenseman, but unfortunately nobody has bit yet.  It's a shame we weren't able to get any of the big names yet.  I feel like once we get that first player that could give us some momentum.  I hope.

3. We are now 2 spots out of the playoffs, are you worried?

Yes.  I feel like we had one or two games where we were looking good but we just haven't been able to put it together.  So I'm definitely worried.

4. If we do make the playoffs, how long will we stay in them?

Hard to imagine us making it past the first round.  Especially considering we'd probably be playing against a #1 seed.  I would enjoy the experience though, and I'd be happy to make the playoffs if we do.

5. How do you feel about your situation as a member of the team?

I'd like a little more help.  I enjoy being the guy the team relies on for good performances, and I like having the pressure on me.  But it would be nice to have more help on defense.

6. We are going to have another rough year next year, will this impact how you feel about the team? Do you plan on asking for a trade?

I won't really be thinking about a trade until this season is over, honestly.  But it worries me a little bit.  I respect the plans of the GMs and I can see what you're working towards, I just only have so long in the VHLM so asking for a trade isn't necessarily of the table.

Yukon Rush Press Conference week ending June 28 2020

1.  How do you think Yukon will do in S73?

2. What is your expectation for the rest of the season?

3. Who do you think has the best chance at winning the founders cup this season?

4. How well has your player preformed compared to what you expected from them?

5. Are there any improvements that could be made to the Yukon Discord LR and if so what are they?

6. If you could play for any hockey team (doesn't have to be NHL) who would you play for?

11 hours ago, Zetterberg said:

3. Who do you think has the best chance at winning the founders cup this season?

5. Are there any improvements that could be made to the Yukon Discord LR and if so what are they?

6. If you could play for any hockey team (doesn't have to be NHL) who would you play for?

1. I think we could make the playoffs but we won't make it past the first round.

2. We might win one or two more games.

3. Minnesota has a good chance of winning it.

4. I'm glad that I could be the defensive defensman I wanted to be.

5. The discord is pretty good right now.

6. Either the Washington Capitals or the Colorado Avalanche.

1. Hopefully very good.

2. Probably some more on and off streaks of winning.

3. Probably Saskatoon.

4. My player has exceeded my expectations.

5. LR could use better channel organization.

6. Definitely the Vegas Golden Knights.

1.  How do you think Yukon will do in S73?

Well, I hope.  But looking at the way things are set up, I'm guessing you guys are preparing for another tough season, then building for S74.  You've certainly got the draft picks for it.

I mean, I'm not really expecting much.  But I'm hoping we can close things out on a positive note.  I'd like to have a winning record over the last eight games.  Maybe make the playoff race a little closer too.

Minnesota, I'd guess.  They've been dominant this season.

Oh, much better than my expectations.  I didn't think Camus would be bad, but I didn't think they'd be doing this well.  Especially considering the amount of shots faced.  I'm very happy.

I don't think there are any suggestions I could make, to be honest.  That's not to say it's perfect or anything, but it's hard for me to pick out what I like or dislike about a discord LR outside of just activity/people.

If it can be any team, I'd like to bring back the Hartford Whalers and play for them.

On 6/21/2020 at 10:40 PM, Zetterberg said:

I believe that we will do just fine if we can step up in the draft and draft a solid player for us. Also, if we can get more defense, we can be somewhat contending next year. 

I believe we need to hold it out and wait until the offseason comes. Once that comes around, we can begin to make moves.

I believe Minnesota has a chance, due to that wins to losses ratio, and the scoring depth on each line. They are very solid, they just can't pull a Tampa Bay/Columbus series in the playoffs.

I believe my character has improved, sure, yet next year he will really shine. I just need to keep updating my TPE. 

The discord is just fine. No improvements needed. 

I would play for the Washington Capitals, or the L.A. Kings.

Edited by dariusmarimotoman

Yukon Rush Press Conference week ending July 4 2020

1.  Miami manged to upset Minnesota winning the first 2 games of the series, do you think they can bring it home? If you're doing this after the series ended did the result surprise you?

2. What round do you think you'll be drafted in (VHLM draft)? If your already drafted did your placement surprise you?

3. Who do you think will win the continental cup (VHL)?

4. If  you could change one thing about your player what would it be?

5. How did you find out about the VHL?

6. Do you have any interest in being a GM or AGM?

Edited by Zetterberg

2 minutes ago, Zetterberg said:

1.  Miami manged to upset Minnesota winning the first 2 games of the series, do you think they can bring it home? If you're doing this after the series ended did the result surprise you?

If they continue the hard work and effort put into every game, then yes, they can beat Minnesota. 

2. What round do you think you'll be drafted in (VHLM draft)? If your already drafted did your placement surprise you?

I think I would be drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round. I have not been drafted yet.

3. Who do you think will win the continental cup?

I believe Miami, due to the momentum they are already building from this series. 

I would change his height. I want him 6' 6''!

I found out about the VHL from my brother. 

Not now, but maybe in the future.

1. I'm surprised that they made the playoffs.

2. I'm not surprised that I went in the 5th Round.

3. Saskatoon will go the distance.

4. Increase my leadership stat.

5. Through a discord server

6. Probably not.

6 hours ago, Zetterberg said:

The result definitely surprised me.

My draft placement didn't surprise me but I think I performed above what would've been accepted.

I'd say New York has a good shot.

I'd remove the points into my discipline.

Reddit.

No. I don't think that I'd have the time.

1.  Miami manged to upset Minnesota winning the first 2 games of the series, do you think they can bring it home? If you're doing this after the series ended did the result surprise you?

It's not over yet as I'm typing this.  I'm certainly surprised so far but I think Minnesota will still win the series.  I'm a bit salty about it as that could've been us in that series but we'll have to see how it goes.

I've already been drafted and to be honest I was certainly surprised to drop as low as I did.  I figured I'd be a second or maybe even third round pick but I guess draft position is a bit more volatile when you're a goalie.

It's hard to predict as it stands, seeing Seattle fall in the first round and Calgary having a close series with Toronto has kind of thrown things out of whack.  Riga certainly seems to be in a good position but I have a feeling New York will finally win again after their mid-season moves.

4. If  you could change one thing about your player what would it be?

I wish I could've been a bit more active earlier on and gotten my TPE up a bit higher.  Would've been nice to hit the cap during the season at least for the sake of performance.  But I do like having slightly lower TPE and not quite knowing where I'll go in the draft for sure.

A long, long time ago, around eight or nine years ago, I was active in a league called the SHL.  I had joined a couple short-lived hockey leagues created by other people, and a couple different members who were active in both the SHL and VHL messaged me telling me I should check out the VHL.  I had a slow learning curve as my first player was terrible, but when I made my first recreate for the S27 draft I started to really get how the league worked.  I ended up getting a league job doing the cover art for the VHL Magazine (basically they were what the VSN is now), and the rest is history.

Probably not.  I had opportunities a while ago to be a GM either in the VHL or VHLM and passed on them since I didn't know how the responsibility would affect my activity.  Part of me is thinking that I would consider an AGM role if the GM was someone that I knew well, but who knows.  

Yukon Rush Press Conference week ending July 12 2020

1. Mexico took out the top team in the regular season in Minnesota, what are your thoughts on that series

2. Who do you think will take home the (VHLM) Cup?

3. Witch Yukon Member do you feel made the biggest impact this season?

4. What's a hidden talent you have that others might not know about?

5. What teams do you see the top 3 players going to in the upcoming VHL Draft?

6. What are your feelings towards Yukon's current logo? Should it be changed? 

1. Honestly not surprised that Minnesota lost.

2. Saskatoon will win.

3. Probably myself.

4. I balance my TPE out more than other players.

5. DC, Vancouver and Prague.

6. The logo feels fine.

9 hours ago, MexicanCow123 said:

Yukon Rush Press Conference week ending July 12 2020

1. Mexico took out the top team in the regular season in Minnesota, what are your thoughts on that series

Minnesota nearly fell against Miami so this was going to happen sooner or later.

Saskatoon definitley.

Probably Nic or Fauske.

4. What's a hidden talent you have that others might not know about?

I'm loyal to a team.

DC, Malmo and Vancouver.

I like it.

1. Mexico took out the top team in the regular season in Minnesota, what are your thoughts on that series? 

Pretty surprised, considering how good Minnesota were.  I'd say it was a huge upset.

My money''s on Saskatoon.  Although I must say I have been impressed by Mexico City

At the risk of coming across as selfish, I'll say me.  I think I did pretty well.

4. What's a hidden talent you have that others might not know about?

I'm really good at not thinking of a hidden talent.

Well Frostbeard is already set in going to Malmo, Walker is probably a lock to go #1 to DC, and Tonn will probably go to Malmo at #6 unless a team decides to trade up into the 3-5 range to get him.  Also, just because I like thinking about the draft - I'm guessing Adrienne would go second, and Vancouver's pick could be any number of people - Pines or Merrick come to mind as good picks.  I think Groovy Dood will be a good first-gen as well for whatever team gets him.

I'm a fan of it, honestly.  So I don't think it should be changed.  I think it might be cool to have a fauxback logo sort of like the one in your sig for an alternate jersey.  But then again the VHL doesn't seem to have official jerseys, lol.

Yukon Rush Press Conference week ending July 19 2020

1. The Saskatoon Wild came out on top against the Mexico City Kings. What are your thoughts on that series

2. Now in the VHL Riga came out on top against Calgary. What are your thoughts on that series

3. Who runs the music in the dressing room and what genre, or artist is usually playing on the team stereo before games?

4. Who do you think will win the cup next season in the VHLM and VHL?

5. What is your least favorite thing about Yukon? (I won't take this to heart please give me everything you got)

6. Now on a positive note what is your favourite thing about Yukon?

1. I'm not surprised that Saskatoon won.

2. I'm indifferent to that series.

3. I control the stereo, it's a lot of Kanye.

4. Yukon and David will win it all next year.

5. The constant roster turnover

6. The people in the LR.

1. Seemed like a series that Saskatoon was going to win.

2. I was surprised I thought Calgary would win.

3. I'm not part of the team so I wouldn't know but my favourite music is any NCS songs.

4. I think Mexico City and Calgary would win.

5. The absence of a goalie.

6. The friendly and helpful people.

On 7/11/2020 at 9:16 PM, MexicanCow123 said:

Yukon Rush Press Conference week ending July 19 2020

1. The Saskatoon Wild came out on top against the Mexico City Kings. What are your thoughts on that series

Saskatoon was definitley the better team but Mexico City could've taken it.

2. Now in the VHL Riga came out on top against Calgary. What are your thoughts on that series

Riga dominated those playoffs so this seemed likely.

3. Who runs the music in the dressing room and what genre, or artist is usually playing on the team stereo before games?

Who does run the music? 

4. Who do you think will win the cup next season in the VHLM and VHL?

VHLM will be Las Vegas and VHL will be Calgary

5. What is your least favorite thing about Yukon? (I won't take this to heart please give me everything you got)

A lack of named defense.

6. Now on a positive note what is your favourite thing about Yukon?

The GM team.