Yukon Rush Press Conference!

Oatex

Yukon Rush Press Conference

(Oct 26th)

Welcome to the Yukon Rush Press Conference for Oct 26th, 2021, where the press ask hopefully six very important question and the players on the team are free to answer the question. Answer three question of 1 TPE and/or Answer all 2 TPE.

Now lets have some question from the press shall we?

1. We have picked up a few losses in the last week; Are you concerned as we head into the playoff (likely next week)?

To be completely honest.... Yes. Yukon broke the golden rule of the M. Adding too many recreates when you have an amazing team breaks the chemistry and can throw the entire season out the window if you get too many. 

2. Are you concerned about any other team as we head into the playoffs?

Ottawa Lynx. I legit think they became the best team in the league when passing the TDL.

3. Do you think we will see any upsets in the first round of the playoffs?

We normally see at least one random upset in the M but hopefully its not us. 

4. Expected Final for the Founder`s Cup this season?

YUKON vs OTTAWA will most likely be the final hopefully 4-2 series win for Yukon but we have been struggling more than them lately. 

5. Kyosti Karjalainen has scored an impress 71 goals in 68 games; Do you think he will manage the next to impossible a goal per game over the remainder of the last few games? (He only needs a single goal)

Yes. its very easy to score in the M and they have been productive the entire season. I hopefully will be able to get another couple goals. My player (MDM) has been struggling lately and I want to get a few more. 

6. Riddle: What taste better then it smells?

Answer: Something without a nose?

1. We have picked up a few losses in the last week; Are you concerned as we head into the playoff (likely next week)?

I am not concerned. Every team hits a little rut at times and I think we still are the best team in the league.

I am a little concerned about Ottawa. This season our Rivalry has gone to another level with both of our teams being numbers 1 and 2 in the standings.

I think so but not against the Yukon Rush baby. We are built for success.

Yukon v. Ottawa 100%.

5. Kyosti Karjalainen has scored an impress 71 goals in 68 games; Do you think he will manage the next to impossible a goal per game over the remainder of the last few games? (He only needs a single goal)

Yes, he will easily get it. This man has been on fire!

6. Riddle: What taste better then it smells?

Answer: A tongue?

I'm always concerned about playoffs. Regular season doesn't mean anything when it comes to playoff success. The losses probably came from the new folks (like me) picked up at/around TDL.

Yeah, all of them. Getting cocky is a great way to be disappointed.

Absolutely. We'd be naive to assume we won't.

Not a clue. I honestly don't even know what the VHLM standings look like right now, but again, regular season doesn't mean anything for playoffs.

Well I would sure hope so. A goal per game is insane, I'd think that he can snag one more goal to set an outstanding record for himself.

6. Riddle: What taste better then it smells?

I've heard this one before, I'm pretty sure it's your tongue

No because we are the meta

No because we can cheat with the power of scoring

i dont know i dont follow lower leagues

Yukon and the rest

he will get as many goals as he wants

most things

21 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

(Oct 26th)

Welcome to the Yukon Rush Press Conference for Oct 26th, 2021, where the press ask hopefully six very important question and the players on the team are free to answer the question. Answer three question of 1 TPE and/or Answer all 2 TPE.

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

Your Tongue

1. It takes 4 loses to lose a playoff series, picking up a few from different teams shouldn't be too much of a concern.

2. No, they can all suck it brother this is a super team just like the new york knickerbockers.

3. Probably not, the VHLM see's a lot upsets but it could be possible in the middle seeds.

4. Us for anybody, doesn't matter, we win.

5. I think he'll easily score the one goal, I predict he'll finish with 75.

6.  Couldn't figure out the answer for this one, I thought the answer would be world play like gross or something, good one.

On 10/18/2021 at 10:12 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

(Oct 24th)

Welcome to the Yukon Rush Press Conference for Oct 24th, 2021, where the press ask hopefully six very important question and the players on the team are free to answer the question. Answer three question of 1 TPE and/or Answer all 2 TPE.

1. Missed last week Press Conference due to issues with my Mac; Did anyone notice and How did you make up for not having to answer to the Press?

2. Trade deadline has passed? Do you think the team made the right moves?

3. Players can recreate starting this week; Why should they join our team?

4. Halloween is coming soon; Has anyone ever celebrated Halloween in a different country? Explain the experiences?

5. Are you dressing up for Halloween this year? If so what are you dressing up as? If not what would you like to dress up as?

6. Riddle: I am a body with a leg, an arm, and a head but I look like I am naked and bare. What am I?

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

Skeleton

1. i am still crying about no presser from last week, how will i ever recover?

2. i trust dom with my life. so yes, we made all the right moves.

3. i would say they should join because of all of the winning that we do.

4. i just celebrate halloween in canada. pretty sure it's the same as in america.

5. i think this year i am going to be a turtle.

6. i literally have no idea. your riddles are too good. i just looked and i never would have guessed that.

(Nov 7th)

Welcome to the Yukon Rush Press Conference for Nov 7th, 2021, where the press ask hopefully six very important question and the players on the team are free to answer the question. Answer three question of 1 TPE and/or Answer all 2 TPE.

1. First Round of the Playoffs are behind us; Where you surprised by the four game sweep of the Miami? (Why or Why not?) 

2. Again a Playoff question; Where you surprised by any of the results in the first round? (Why or Why not?)

3. Ottawa just scored fourteen goals in two games against Minnesota; Are you surprised? (Why or Why not?)

4. If a groundhog see his shadow means we have six more weeks of winter; So what happens when a hockey player see his shadow?

5. It not groundhog day you idiot but depending on what country you do have an important holiday coming so what one is better? American Thanksgiving or Black Friday? And do you celebrate either of them?

6. Riddle: What does the Turkey eat on Thanksgiving?

Answer:

Spoiler

Nothing silly as they are already stuffed!!

1. First Round of the Playoffs are behind us; Where you surprised by the four game sweep of the Miami? (Why or Why not?) 

We were easily the more dominant team during the regular season its not that surprising we beat them as easily as we did. Hopefully we can do the same this round. 

2. Again a Playoff question; Where you surprised by any of the results in the first round? (Why or Why not?)

Halifax winning was a little surprising but not completely out of left field. They had a decent team all year and this may them just hitting the next gear when it actually counts. 

3. Ottawa just scored fourteen goals in two games against Minnesota; Are you surprised? (Why or Why not?)

Surprised? no. nervous? yes. If we meet in the final Ottawa is the only team I truly fear can beat us in a straight up series. If we do go head to head in the finals it will be a real battle. 

4. If a groundhog see his shadow means we have six more weeks of winter; So what happens when a hockey player see his shadow?

You are probably out of the playoffs and golfing in the sun somewhere nice. 

5. It not groundhog day you idiot but depending on what country you do have an important holiday coming so what one is better? American Thanksgiving or Black Friday? And do you celebrate either of them?

Neither are good. They are both based off greed and that's not really my thing. As a Canadian me and my friends have our own party that day. 

6. Riddle: What does the Turkey eat on Thanksgiving?

Stuffing and onions?

1. First Round of the Playoffs are behind us; Where you surprised by the four game sweep of the Miami? (Why or Why not?)  I was not surprised! Coming into the playoffs I knew Miami would not be the most difficult opponent we would face and wanted the team to make the serious quick and painless for them.

I honestly was not. It is expected that Yukon will be making a deep run in the playoffs. Only sorta surprise was Halifax's wins but yeah.

Not surprised at all but just worries myself a little bit cause going into the playoffs they are the only team to push us to the brink in the regular season, looking forward to the potential final between our two clubs.

You are eliminated from the playoffs and drinking beer and golfing.

Black Friday is the fucking best holiday out there! I do celebrate both tho and love both!

6. Riddle: What does the Turkey eat on Thanksgiving?

Answer: Itself?

On 11/2/2021 at 1:54 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

(Nov 7th)

Welcome to the Yukon Rush Press Conference for Nov 7th, 2021, where the press ask hopefully six very important question and the players on the team are free to answer the question. Answer three question of 1 TPE and/or Answer all 2 TPE.

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

1. I wasn't, this Yukon team is special and showcases some of the premier players in the league.

2. I didn't pay much attention but I believe most of the favorites won which makes sense.

3. Ottawa is a tough, goal scoring team. It's not a big surprise to see them put up so many.

4. Six more weeks of hockey, hopefully you see your shadow right around playoffs.

5. I'm Canadian so only black Friday matters. Last year I bought a new bed but barely got a discount, this year I doubt I'll get anything.

6. What it normally eats, grains and shit.

no because we are the meta and we will win

i dont know how the other series went

they are the 2nd meta so no

they will not score for six more weeks

not really i am canadian and i dont celebrate that

a chicken that ate a duck

On 11/2/2021 at 12:54 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

(Nov 7th)

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

1. No we know how to win and the coach system work. With all the talent in the team that first round was a bit easy. 

2. Nope Ottawa, Yukon winning they are the two best teams in the league Minnesota is really good to and Halifax in the last couple of games of the season was on a hot steak, they deserved the win against Houston. 

3. Yes and no Yes because Minnesota was the third best team in the league but no, looking at their defenseman they had not the best defensive core the compete against Ottawa. 

4. That’s means he will sleep tonight. 

5. Black Friday. Reason 1 I’m not in America so thanksgiving I don’t really care. Reason 2 almost everything is in sold. Reason 3 Friday. 

6. Nothing they are dead 

Wasn't surprised. We are the best and awesome and nobody will stop us. [citation needed]

Not really. Not because they weren't inherently surprising, but because I haven't paid attention to the VHLM in a long time.

No, I'm not. The VHLM has absolutely insane scoring sometimes. I'm assuming Minnesota was a lower seed because I recall Ottawa being good. That's one of the fun parts of the M, the ridiculous stats. Unless you're a goalie, then it sucks. 

Six more weeks of lazy hockey nicknames ending in -y and -sy.

American Thanksgiving is alright depending on the way you celebrate it and who you celebrate it with. I have good memories of watching the parade and hanging out with my cousin when I was a kid but nowadays it's not nearly as fun to be honest.

Stuffing, clearly.

(okay now I'm looking at the answer and I'm a bit upset I didn't think of that)

On 11/2/2021 at 12:54 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

(Nov 7th)

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

1. i wasn’t super surprised, no. our team has a lot more depth than they did.

2. no huge surprises at all in the first round. i think every team performed almost exactly as expected.

3. they’ve been doing that sort of thing all season. it is exactly what you expect from a top team like ottawa.

4. that means six more weeks of growing their playoff beard. 

5. i think both of those holidays suck.

6. the turkey eats the stuffing that we stuff down it’s neck.

(Nov 15th)

Welcome to the Yukon Rush Press Conference for Nov 15th, 2021, where the press ask hopefully six very important question and the players on the team are free to answer the question. Answer three question of 1 TPE and/or Answer all 2 TPE.

1. Game Seven in the Finals; Who do you think will win the final game?

2. Are you surprised the series even made it to game seven after we fell behind 1-3? (Why or Why not?)

3. Who is the currently the teams MVP during the Playoffs?

4. Predict the final score of game seven?

5. Who do you think scores the game winner?

6. Riddle: What is always in front of you but can’t be seen??

Answer:

Spoiler

The future

On 11/8/2021 at 12:16 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

(Nov 15th)

Welcome to the Yukon Rush Press Conference for Nov 15th, 2021, where the press ask hopefully six very important question and the players on the team are free to answer the question. Answer three question of 1 TPE and/or Answer all 2 TPE.

2. Are you surprised the series even made it to game seven after we fell behind 1-3? (Why or Why not?)

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

The future

1. Sadly we lost it it was a close series, they just work harder. 

2. No because all the games was close and could have go ether way. 

3. That’s a tough one because we have so much talent in this team but probably Mulds particularly versus Ottawa it’s like he start is turbo. 

4. My guess was Yukon 5-4 

5. Colors 

6. My eye ball 

I thought we could pull it off but sadly we lost.

I am not surprised the series went to seven games but I am super surprised we fell behind 1-3.

I thought that Hulk Hogan 2 was outstanding these Playoffs.

My original prediction was 3-2.

Zaza Colors

6. Riddle: What is always in front of you but can’t be seen??

Answer: The Future?

I would have said Yukon but unfortunately Ottawa beat us 😢

Yes im surprised we didnt sweep them. We were the better team all season but they got hot at the right time. 

Hogan. He's involved from everything from scoring to elite defensive play. 

10-1 us with MDM scoring 5 😢

MDM but thats too late now. 

6. Riddle: What is always in front of you but can’t be seen??
Yukon.... since they got yeeted from the league. Goodnight my sweet prince. 

I think it'll be the Lynx. Can't win 'em all, you know?

Not really. Teams tend to come back from 3-1 a lot in this league.

Kyosti Karjalainen for sure. We have a couple players who have been really good but 11 goals and 28 points in 15 games is really impressive honestly.

5-4. Why, you ask? Uhhhhh no reason in particular, I guess. Just felt like it seemed right.

My crystal ball tells my that it is a near certainty that it will be Ottawa's Matty Live, assisted by Finn Davis in the third period.

The future? I was going to be really literal and say air but I feel like the more elegant answer that would fit with a riddle would be the future. (ha, I was right)

On 11/8/2021 at 12:16 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

(Nov 15th)

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

The future

1. it was such a close series the whole way, i really thought we had it in the bag. oh well, it was a fun season.

2. i'm not surprised at all, i knew we had the resiliency to fight back.

3. has to be karjalainen. dude absolutely crushed it the whole playoffs.

4. i always predict 4-3. i can't remember final score, is that what it ended up?

5. i would have said zaza colors for the game winner.

6. i think it's my nose. in front of me but blocked out of my vision. oh, the future. lol