Change in things

This is going to be more of a stream of consciousness type of thing - I'm not going to be taking it seriously at all or structuring it in any sort of formal manner. I say this because it's the last article I'll be doing for a while where this can be an option. I'll be joining VSN and writing about the VHLM, the league with which I've long since been associated. In some ways this is a return to form - Ree_21 would have been surprised I hadn't joined sooner. I was on the VHL Mag for somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 seasons, off and on throughout the length of time it ran. It went through different iterations under different leadership, died and restarted and died again and restarted again, and the only consistent thread throughout the whole thing was me - even my fearless leader Ree left the league before the last few iterations, and briefly, I was actually in charge of it. Not for long of course - the person in charge given the way it was structured at the time needed to at least have a little bit of an eye for graphics, less so for creating them but more for building a layout with them, and I didn't even have that. Additionally, a lot of the writers went from slightly late (which was fine) to even later (which was less fine) to not turning things in at all (which was definitely not fine). Then it opened up once more several seasons later under Robbie... that went as everyone is now mentally picturing it went.

After that, nothing for years - not just seasons, but actual real life years - during which time, I went inactive and came back. The league basically did the same (and I'd add that @Beaviss in particular acted as the league's defibrillator at this time, resetting its heart rhythm and allowing it to carry on as it once had, and while this article has nothing to do with defense I think @Renomitsu will enjoy the medical analogy - apologies in advance for the potential ego boost Beaviss might take from this).

Then VSN got started - it's always been the spiritual successor to the mag despite its rocky origins and all the twists and turns it's taken to get to this point. Currently, it's led by @FrostBeard and has never been healthier. If VSN is the modern version of the mag, then why have I not joined it until just now? Easy - current me isn't really the modern version of S20s and 30s me. Well, it hasn't been until recently, anyway. The days of Lars Intranquilo and Clark Marcellin both nearly breaking 1000 TPE in an era where that was an accomplishment are long since gone. I'm never again going to be an @Enorama, I'm far too old and busy to be on here that much and do that much work. However, I think I've proven - most importantly, to myself - that I'm as back as I'm ever going to be, and I need to be a part of this, as much for myself and the continuation of everything I've been associated with throughout the league.