Next Gen Blade - Junior Review

BladeMaiden

Venus Thightrap: The Center of Attention

I have been dreaming about the VHL ever since I was a little girl.  Long story short my mother decided to take me to a professional hockey game when I was 5 and I fell in love. I have to say she was majorly disappointed after that day for one reason, our family had always cheered for the same team. I do not know how many times I have been told in my life to be more patriotic and cheer for my home team. But things are never that simple, in that first game I saw played as a little girl I fell in love with the away team. It is odd, and as I have been told many times it is simply not patriotic.

Regardless of anyone’s opinions of what my VHL team preferences are both as a fan and player, I think we can all agree that the first game of hockey I saw was the catalyst that sent caused me to seek out the opportunity to play hockey.  The pace, physicality and comradery are what drew me to the sport, and they are what keeps me on the ice day after day as I try to achieve my goal of making it to the VHL.

My hockey resume is straight forward I worked my way up through the men’s leagues in mt hopes of making enough waves to get seen by VHLM recruiters. I can honestly say I was probably scouted by mistake at first, that was about a year ago. The VHLM recruiters came to see a good friend of mine show-off his skills in a game. I do not think they had originally intended on offering me the opportunity to move up but eventually my numbers and charisma won them over, and now here we are. I am literally clutching my invitation to join the VHLM and I cannot believe this is real, I never thought This day would come.

Some questions the interviewers asked me to answer for this Junior Review Article:

Who is your VHL Hero?

Julius Freeman @rjfrymanof the New York Americans. When he played in Vancouver, he spent a lot of time reaching out to younger players who wanted to turn pro in British Columbia. I have to say that meeting him was probably the biggest game changer in my young career. He really helped me to understand what a recruiter would be looking for and was so helpful with ticks and tricks for refining my offensive skills.  When it comes to a player that not only makes every team, he is on a better place to be but also has the skills to pay the bills I think of Freeman. I really do hope one day he can see me in the VHL and know that he is a large part of what inspired me to get there and hopefully he knows how much I appreciated his help.

How would you describe your on-ice persona?

High energy, razzle dazzle with a splash of sass.  I work hard to be good at what I do but I also like to enjoy every moment I am on the ice. The difficulty is what makes hockey fun and I am always up to take on a challenge. They literally call me the set-up queen, so I’ll be there to set it up so we can knock ‘em down.

How did you decide to be a Center?

I was told I was too offensively aggressive to play defense, but I also loved being part of the defensive unit. It was something that just happened very organically for me. As a child they tried you out in many positions and I gravitated to the one that fit my style of play best and I feel it all worked out damn well.

Have You been given any nicknames while playing hockey?

I have a few but I am sure the guys and girls on my new team will come up with new ones as well.

On 6/12/2020 at 4:03 PM, ShawnGlade said:

omg......blade i think i love you

I'm glad you like the name, girl is a bit of a thurst trap but that just makes her fun, you know what they say...

"Thick thighs save lives"

Edited by BladeMaiden