Ultimatum

Victor

Riga doesn't make sense either tho lol. Latvia has like 150 registered hockey players.

Having a team in Latvia does though even if it is on the lower spectrum of hockey countries. Riga is the best city choice in Latvia. Sweden as a country even is fine but Vasteras the city? Stockholm makes more sense.

If it was up to me Riga would move to Saint Petersburg and Vasteras to Stockholm.

If it was up to me Omsk would be in place of Vasteras and the rest all seem fine. It can keep its colour scheme but change its logo and name.

If it was up to me Omsk would be in place of Vasteras and the rest all seem fine. It can keep its colour scheme but change its logo and name.

Yeah names are fine mostly and it gets a team in Russia. But then we have a team from Switzerland, Germany and Latvia and none from Sweden even though its a prominent hockey country. To me Sweden, Finland and Russia are the three prominent non NA hockey countries. They should be represented imo.

There are bigger cities in the VHLM than Vasteras.

There are also bigger cities in the VHLM than Calgary and Davos and Riga and Toronto and Seattle lol

We should really move all the teams to North America so we can have a Montreal - Quebec City thing going on. Plus Philly needs a team.

Edited by Tyler

Then put the team in Sweden somewhere. I'm talking about this because it comes up year after year and nothing is done. if there is such opposition to keeping them there, move em. They aren't special, they lack a VHL style brand and the team has failed more then Jim Kelly.

The team is doing fine right now, I don't see why it needs to be moved at the current time.

Winning helps but see Kendricks last post, specifically last few sentences. You can still be doing fine in a new better hockey city with a VHL branded name and a face lift.

Yeah my main issue isn't success at this point (although Vasteras' history doesn't help them), its that we have 10 teams in this league and only one them is not branded by us. It is branded by an actual team. If we were to bring any of that into others things (the VHL Movie talk for example) we'd be really dealing with copyright issues then.

If you had tried this hard before I started with Bagelface, I probably would be much more willing to re-locate. Now though, the team is in a good spot and I don't think I'll be the one that re-locates them.

Yeah my main issue isn't success at this point (although Vasteras' history doesn't help them), its that we have 10 teams in this league and only one them is not branded by us. It is branded by an actual team. If we were to bring any of that into others things (the VHL Movie talk for example) we'd be really dealing with copyright issues then.

You're using NHL players and CBC clips, but you're worried about a lower-tier Swedish team that doesn't even have the same logo?

Quite frankly it seems Vasteras is the least liked team in the league. Despite everyone saying it could use a change (in which case it could), changing the team to a different city to make it more hockey oriented seems epic. I mean if you had to choose a city in Europe to put a Hockey team, would Vasteras really be your first choice Corco? Think about it. It's stale because it's not original. It's a carbon copy of something in real life and if we want this to be a sim league (which you don't want to resemble real life teams unless it's an NBA sim league), then just get it changed. Who knows, maybe a face lift to the team could be a spark that is needed. You don't see many free agents willing to play there or take a pay cut to play for that team. I'd much rather play for Calgary (no offense to Jason), than play for Vasteras. Give the team new life and make something of a brand new franchise that you basically built. That could hep the legacy of GM Thomas Corcoran. Think of it like the Seattle Supersonics changing to the Thunder. What happened there? KD was drafted and they built a squad. Start fresh and build the team how you want to. Make the new franchise YOURS!

You're using NHL players and CBC clips, but you're worried about a lower-tier Swedish team that doesn't even have the same logo?

Yes actually. The video wouldn't entirely be of NHL clips, but at the same time isn't directly called after an NHL team or it's identity. This debate went on well before you were GM in Vasteras. I don't see how there 2nd place Euro standings is "great success", if that is, then that makes all other teams even more successful!

I've always thought Vasteras was the least likely free agent destination for myself in the league. That's mostly based on name/logo/identity.

That being said, I've never been a free agent. Also, I would've never thought of Davos as a desired location but being traded there completely changed that opinion.

If the GM is active and committed to winning then that can make any team a solid destination.

Yeah I never understood why people complain about Vasteras seeing as they've had a couple chances to move them and didn't.

Either do it already or shut up

You sound like GM haven't even tried lol.

I tried multiple times and the response I kept getting was "Its an interesting proposal but I don't think its worth moving them right now, I like the state they are in now" Something along those lines.

You sound like GM haven't even tried lol.

I tried multiple times and the response I kept getting was "Its an interesting proposal but I don't think its worth moving them right now, I like the state they are in now" Something along those lines.

My comments was directed at the blue crew who seem to have the problem with it

My comments was directed at the blue crew who seem to have the problem with it

I'm with you. The Blue Team and BoG constantly get together to talk about this or have commented once it was brought up that most think it's a good idea. But it's always give them another season, or give them this or that. It's clear the majority are behind this idea, so just get it done already. Start of S39 Vasteras should be in another location.