Town of Salem #8

Gustav

20 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Need TI results from @BarzalGoat, @Doomsday and @Z16. Then medium info about what hatty saw (if anything) from @Devise.

Investigated osens, his results are Bodyguard, Godfather, or Arsonist. 

The Godfather is dead and an Arsonist would not be sitting on the Jailor every night. That's a confirmed Bodyguard.

Are we holding off on a vote for OD? I've seen the town get burned before for not lynching a failed Retri, but I trust your judgement. 

6 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

Are we holding off on a vote for OD? I've seen the town get burned before for not lynching a failed Retri, but I trust your judgement. 

I don't think we should. Another thing JH mentioned after dying and seeing I was confirmed medium while jarring a bit with the rest of the Mafia was "I'd recreate in here if OD is actually the Retri." 

While I buy OD's family excuse, I'd say it's more likely that is his excuse for not doing whatever else he was going to do. As I know I'm the Medium and based on what you guys were saying last night that means there is very little chance OD is actually the Retri; I say we put the pressure on him. I'd like to point too as someone called it "low" for him to use his family as an excuse he immediately wanted to add the caveat of "If I'm evil" because he knows he is and he is trying to make sure it doesn't look super low. Likely because it's still a legit excuse and he is new enough to the game that he still could of missed his night action because of that as an evil. 

I'll wait for Spartans go, but I really think we should lynch OD tonight. For the record too after Berocka was confirmed Godfather my Jailor TT suspicion pretty much died. 

5 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

Is the medium able to talk to the dead during the day? In the real town of salem, they can only see dead chat at night 

Only speaking from my experience as it's my first time as Medium, I'm given access to the Discord sever permanently the moment the game started. Those coming in see me listed above the rest of the users with a "Medium" user tag. I don't know if that is supposed to be different than the Medium abilities generally, however I was told when I received my role that my seance could only happen as a night action. 

-You're still in the dead server. As long as you're alive, you're able to speak with everyone who's dead.

-Once you die, you have one seance that you may use to talk to anyone who's alive. Message me during a day phase, and the seance will take place during that night phase.

@eaglesfan036 I imagine it's different than in the actual rule listing because we are playing on a forum over the course of actual days, so trying to coordinate to get dead people on the server during night time and removing the Medium from the server otherwise seems like a lot and ultimately probably makes the role more useless. I haven't played like ToS proper, but I've always presumed it's a far more "active" experience than our forum version. 

34 minutes ago, Devise said:

I don't think we should. Another thing JH mentioned after dying and seeing I was confirmed medium while jarring a bit with the rest of the Mafia was "I'd recreate in here if OD is actually the Retri." 

While I buy OD's family excuse, I'd say it's more likely that is his excuse for not doing whatever else he was going to do. As I know I'm the Medium and based on what you guys were saying last night that means there is very little chance OD is actually the Retri; I say we put the pressure on him. I'd like to point too as someone called it "low" for him to use his family as an excuse he immediately wanted to add the caveat of "If I'm evil" because he knows he is and he is trying to make sure it doesn't look super low. Likely because it's still a legit excuse and he is new enough to the game that he still could of missed his night action because of that as an evil. 

I'll wait for Spartans go, but I really think we should lynch OD tonight. For the record too after Berocka was confirmed Godfather my Jailor TT suspicion pretty much died. 

Glad to have your trust back bud. I'm conflicted over this simply because of the conversation we had yesterday about amplifying and vilifying people who make mistakes. I'll defer this one to the town, I don't think I can make a decision on OD here. If we want to push someone else, I can jail and execute OD tonight. Considering there's only 1 killing role left, I don't really need the execute anyways. 

1 minute ago, Spartan said:

Glad to have your trust back bud. I'm conflicted over this simply because of the conversation we had yesterday about amplifying and vilifying people who make mistakes. I'll defer this one to the town, I don't think I can make a decision on OD here. If we want to push someone else, I can jail and execute OD tonight. Considering there's only 1 killing role left, I don't really need the execute anyways. 

Just to throw some more dead talk here. This is all from JH

"Oh, and I think Doom is evil for sure. We need to lynch a TI nonetheless with my death confirming my role. Also ok with z16 although I think he's good. I don't think we should lynch OD. Although I may be biased. I really believe our TIs are bad. I think our RTs are looking like: Spartan, Eagles, Devise. With our baddies being Z, Barzal, Doom. Well barzal was attacked hmmm. Maybe eagles is bad? Osens is for sure BG cause I believe he's visited more times than Forger/Framer/Disg can." 

I'll add more as it comes/if it's relevant he's been our most active dead person though, far more than Mike he did come back on a bit to jar off and on but obviously the info Mike has was limited. 

1 minute ago, Devise said:

Just to throw some more dead talk here. This is all from JH

"Oh, and I think Doom is evil for sure. We need to lynch a TI nonetheless with my death confirming my role. Also ok with z16 although I think he's good. I don't think we should lynch OD. Although I may be biased. I really believe our TIs are bad. I think our RTs are looking like: Spartan, Eagles, Devise. With our baddies being Z, Barzal, Doom. Well barzal was attacked hmmm. Maybe eagles is bad? Osens is for sure BG cause I believe he's visited more times than Forger/Framer/Disg can." 

I'll add more as it comes/if it's relevant he's been our most active dead person though, far more than Mike he did come back on a bit to jar off and on but obviously the info Mike has was limited. 

Yeah, I'd prefer to go for Doom tbh. At this point, every person has claimed and he's only been "confirming" folks.

Vote Doom

18 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

I hope you give the game another chance though! Not trusting anyone is the fun of it.

I dont know man, i really wanted to like it, but i hate lying and deceit and have a hard time with this, i'm actually hating some people based on how they acted ingame and its not a healthy thing.

For my brain things are either black or white, there is no inbetween. And if im playing a game, im in it 24/7. While i am at work i kept refreshing this thread, when i need to sleep i cant get to sleep as i dont want to miss a thing.

So having weekend its a good time out for me and force me to let go. And im glad that I could spent some time where I was not behind the screen. Like you pointed out i got defensive and added if im evil in my reply, but this wasnt me playing the game, this was me being honest about missing the night action for either side.

I dont think i can ever get into a mindset like yours and confuse the entire town. I rather not turn in somebody that no one ever trusts, its just not me and since it is all this game is about, i dont want to become the thing i hate. I know my brain works different than most peoples, but it was a good expirement.

I wanted to write something like this as last will, as im truly sorry to everyone and hope this does not ruin your game.

Edited by OrbitingDeath

6 minutes ago, OrbitingDeath said:

So tl;dr , i probably wont join a next one

FWIW, it's important to remember stuff like this is just a game and to have fun. I get you mentioning your brain kind of see's things in black and white, but I'd like to point out (outside any context of the game of course) that at times that can be an unhealthy way to view the world. It's quite easy for things in society to manipulate people whose perspectives can be so hard line. That is neither here nor there, I'm only adding it as context as to why I think games like this on top of being social and entertaining can be good for understanding how people behave and work in these contexts.

Regardless of what you decide to do it was good having you around and if you feel up to it and can manage playing it without so much stress/feeling like your involvement has to be pretty forced, I'd love to see you around again. :cheers: