GM 175: New York vs. Riga

JardyB10

This Sim engine is making me really angry with lines this year Hallstrom played 10 min on second line and KJA played 19 on 4th. Just one of many things that haven't made sense all season.

This Sim engine is making me really angry with lines this year Hallstrom played 10 min on second line and KJA played 19 on 4th. Just one of many things that haven't made sense all season.

You can adjust percentages as well you know. Currently you have Line 1/2 both playing 30 percent of the ice time and Lines 3/4 playing 20 percent. You have repeat players on Lines 3 and 4 that also play on your other lines, KJA is only on one line. It means when a substitute happens he is likely to be as fresh as a CPU player and has a higher overall so he could get selected to play those minutes. 

That isn't including being left on after a penalty expires for example, so if a key player is in the box and someone like KJA is fresh and out there he could spend more time on after the penalty is killed. Tons of reasons for it. If you really want to limit the minutes you have to set the fourth line to like 5 percent of the ice time, and that should alter it more. Although KJA will still remain your freshest highest overall forward in most cases when a substitute needs to come on. 

You can adjust percentages as well you know. Currently you have Line 1/2 both playing 30 percent of the ice time and Lines 3/4 playing 20 percent. You have repeat players on Lines 3 and 4 that also play on your other lines, KJA is only on one line. It means when a substitute happens he is likely to be as fresh as a CPU player and has a higher overall so he could get selected to play those minutes. 

That isn't including being left on after a penalty expires for example, so if a key player is in the box and someone like KJA is fresh and out there he could spend more time on after the penalty is killed. Tons of reasons for it. If you really want to limit the minutes you have to set the fourth line to like 5 percent of the ice time, and that should alter it more. Although KJA will still remain your freshest highest overall forward in most cases when a substitute needs to come on. 

I understand what you are saying but I'm comparing 2 players specifically Hallstrom who is on line 2 at 30% and KJA who is on line 4 in the same exact spot at 20%.  At 20% he is logging 2x the minutes as the person in the exact same position logging 30%.  At the same time Hallstrom at 30% is set to play on the PP which should result in more minutes.  I'm just saying with 7 forwards its hard to make everything work right and in the past under similar settings KJA was only getting 5 minutes but now hes logging 2x that of Hallstrom.  In any case it doesn't matter the sim just doesn't want to cooperate this season.