Wave of EHM 1st-Gens in the VHL

dlamb

Over the last 2 seasons or so, a number of players in the Eastside Hockey Manager (EHM) community have come over and become VHL regulars. I have decided to select a few that I am fairly close with, plus first gens (excluding 1, sorry Eno and Chace) and do a "highlight" of sorts on them. 

1. (S72) Liam Flaten - D 

@flatl99

D.C. Dragons (VHL)

gozoAGk.png

While Flaten one of the only ones here that joined VHL before me, he was the main one that sparked my interest in joining by sharing his early days in the league. He has been a steady TPE earner, and after a monster season in the VHLM with Minnesota (111 points), has since graduated to the VHL with DC, and has recently started his rookie campaign with the franchise that took him 16th overall. Despite recently leaving EHM, his impact was felt in SHA (league ran by me) winning a cup in 2021-22 with Vancouver. 

2. (S73) Oh Sens - RW 

@osens

Miami Marauders (VHLM)

caVANQp.png

Drafted to the same Miami team as I was in S72, osens and I have become sort of a "dynamic duo", both on the ice and in the locker room. Our TPE growth together has been fast and steady, hitting the VHLM 250 cap just after the deadline. His strong 2-way play will be a big help to any team, and I'm happy to be teammates with him. Maybe we will see a VHL reunion between us one day, but for now osens is headed to Helsinki next season, and should have quite the bank to have a good VHL rookie campaign.

3. (S73) Florent Vericel - LW 

@dart

Saskatoon Wild (VHLM)

d87EqvV.png

Potentially one of the most shit-disturbing 1st-gen players in all of the VHL, dart is the one who introduced me to the world of online EHM. After being, as he would say, "underutilized" in Miami as a Free Agent signing, dart has again come alive and expects to be solidly earning TPE with Saskatoon. All signs seem to point to dart eventually being a VHL regular, in which the Vancouver Wolves took a chance on him. Love him or hate him, dart is a beauty, both in VHL and EHM. 

4. (S74) Chris Foley - C 

@Firekiss

Mexico City Kings (VHLM)

YCVm8uG.png

A recent joiner who was quickly signed to Mexico City, Foley is a hilarious and overall great guy with a great work ethic and unmatched one-liners. Once he gets going I expect Foley to be a regular earner, and his solid start to the VHLM season with 2 points in 2 games is just the beginning of what Foley can bring to the table.

5. (S74) Theodore Hoffman - C 

@snackhero

Yukon Rush (VHLM)

hMPMwOU.png

Another S74 gen is snackhero, with his young C Theodore Hoffman. Again, another player that once he learns the ropes, should be a solid earner. Snackhero is a good piece to add to a rebuilding Yukon, who should grow together and look to compete in the coming seasons. Just let him know that I'm probably not trading Eichel. ;)

6. (S74) Nathaniel N - D

@NathanN

San Diego Marlins (VHLM)

6xUvCav.png

Nathan is the final player on this list. While he is not exactly new to VHL, having a player in S64, he has been re-born and committed himself to getting back to the VHL with his new player. Looking like a very solid earner, I expect him to be on VHL teams radar for the upcoming draft. Nathan has also won a cup in the aforementioned SHA, winning in 2022-23 with Tampa. An overall great guy, I would love to be teammates with him. Maybe one day in the VHL, but only time will tell.

• 3 weeks later...