A team in japan? (Emi's dream team)

Emi

I have been thinking about making teams a lot recently as it is something i like to do in my spare time. I have had some ideas for teams that i had in another hockey league that recently decided not to start up as everyone bailed out of the the project so i came to the VHL.

The idea for the team would be the same as what i'd potentially go forward with if they ever did an expansion here and i was in for a shot of getting a team. I'd want to make the first team to crack the asain market!

So i'd like to introduce you to the Hokkaido Diamond Dogs!

Main Logo:

noun_Siberian_Husky_214148.png

Home:

Sapporo_Diamond_Dogs.png

Away:

Sapporo_Diamond_Dogs_away.png

Alternative:

Sapporo_Diamond_Dogs_3rd.png

The team is based on the Hokkaido Inu which is an animal that is native to Hokkaido and is know for fighting bears and other various animals such as that. I liked to make a simple colour scheme that reflects the symplistic nature of the logo.

We would be playing out of Sapporo as it is one of the main cities in Hokkaido and has a big sports fanbase already there with the Fighters and Consodole Sapporo (Football/Soccer) being based there.

Ice hockey is a sport that would really fit the colder climate of Hokkaido and i think this could be a team that could threive!

The patches on the shoulder are one of a dog surrounded by the outline of Hokkaido. The other is the symbol for Hokkaido!

Arm Patch 1:

noun_husky_1121992.png

Arm Patch 2:

noun_Hokkaido_2470035.png

For those wondering why would you put a team in Hokkaido. I was planning to teach in the Sapporo area back in 2016 and i really got interested in the area and sports there. I have been following sports in Hokkaido ever since. Sadly i have never been there myself yet but it's at the top of my bucket list when i am able to travel again!

This is actually the first league where i have not made my character from the area as they're usually from Sapporo, Japan.

Words: 333

Great article and I believe this should be taken under consideration for the next expansion whenever that is, love the jerseys my favorite is the alternate, also very informative on the climate there which is helpful for someone like me who’s never been there

rating 10/10

2 minutes ago, Crstats23 said:

Great article and I believe this should be taken under consideration for the next expansion whenever that is, love the jerseys my favorite is the alternate, also very informative on the climate there which is helpful for someone like me who’s never been there

rating 10/10

Making ideas for teams is something i really enjoy doing. So it's nice to see someone else like my designs.
I could have gone into more detail perhaps about the area it would be set as i know some of the stuff from my time researching the place.

Maybe i'll do a follow up with another team and then go into more detail.

7 minutes ago, GrittyIsKing09 said:

@Emi how do you do this? (the jerseys)

I have a template. it's pretty easy to use but is time consuming to get perfect.

It can be bought from a place named SportsTemplates but it's like $69

3 minutes ago, Emi said:

I have a template. it's pretty easy to use but is time consuming to get perfect.

It can be bought from a place named SportsTemplates but it's like $69

oh wow. ok, not doing that. thanks though

8 minutes ago, GrittyIsKing09 said:

oh wow. ok, not doing that. thanks though

I'm willing to work with you on something if you're interested.

I'd need the hex codes, logo and whatever else you'd need doing. I could release them as my stuff for here.

If you'd like to do that then please message me on discord. Emi#7297

Edited by Emi

wow, what i just saw, i love the style and all the other things, i really hope that all of this get real.

P.S i also love the name of the squad!!!!

in the end all of this gets a solid: 9/10

Edited by Matt thunder

5 minutes ago, Emi said:

I'm willing to work with you on something if you're interested.

I'd need the hex codes, logo and whatever else you'd need doing. I could release them as my stuff for here.

hex codes?

also not on discord

Edited by GrittyIsKing09

9 minutes ago, GrittyIsKing09 said:

hex codes?

also not on discord

Hex code's for colours of the team.

You can send it me in a message here.

I just find it easier to talk back and forth on discord.

20 minutes ago, Matt thunder said:

wow, what i just saw, i love the style and all the other things, i really hope that all of this get real.

P.S i also love the name of the squad!!!!

in the end all of this gets a solid: 9/10

Thank you, i have 2 teams that are based in Hokkaido and to me this one's not as good as the other one xD

The other one i have is the main team in a game i'm making.

Review

This is literally insane. I know that reviews generally talk about the article itself, but actually in this case I'm going to review the jerseys. What kind of design experience do I have to justify the following critiques? @SirRupertBarnes and I both LOVE managing hockey teams. We're cousins and we spend a lot of our time playing franchise mode together. We've done this every years since NHL 17. We take it upon ourselves to custom make the teams that we play. And even the teams that we play against. In NHL 18 we created 31 custom teams and re-branded the entire league. A softball amount of teams that we've done in total is about 70. Here are some lessons that we learned and I would like to share them with you here today! 

Socks
The blocking and lines on the arms or bottom of the jersey should match the socks. This is a rule of thumb that makes the set look more uniform and appealing. There are teams that don't do this, but in my opinion they look inferior to the ones that do. 

Pants

You can be a little more experimental with the pants if you wanted to. The Tampa Bay Lightning have the bolt going down the side that's really cool, the Capitals have the three stars going down the side. Implement something about Hokkaido that you could throw on there. Please never make pants white <3. 

Logo/Colour

I love that logo. And the colours are really bold and they stand out super easily. The black on the main jerseys looks really clean, but it feels really safe compared to the colour scheme. Seattle is a good example of a team that took that bold light blue and instead of going with a black, went with a navy (Navy = sea, get it?). The only jersey that I'm on the fence with is the alternates. It's only because you have a light blue on white. Needs some more darker tones in there.

Score

Homes: 8/10 A little too much black.

Aways: 9/10 Love these, just change the socks.

Alternates: 6/10 Light blue and white is too bright. 

I’m gonna continue a little off of what @Plate said and make some suggestions.

i don’t know if the template you used allows for these custom adjustments but here they are anyway.

Homes: It just needs a little more white. Even if you made the small bands on the arms bigger so it’s more noticeable that would make a big difference. 

Away: The socks and bands on the arm should match in my opinion. That goes for all of them though.

Alternate: The pants should be black and the bands match the socks 

This is a great job though and I love what you’ve done! The entire design process is very thought out, especially with the history you put into the logos. If you want to Collab on making more teams I would love to!

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 10:39 AM, Emi said:

I have been thinking about making teams a lot recently as it is something i like to do in my spare time. I have had some ideas for teams that i had in another hockey league that recently decided not to start up as everyone bailed out of the the project so i came to the VHL.

The idea for the team would be the same as what i'd potentially go forward with if they ever did an expansion here and i was in for a shot of getting a team. I'd want to make the first team to crack the asain market!

So i'd like to introduce you to the Hokkaido Diamond Dogs!

Main Logo:

noun_Siberian_Husky_214148.png

Home:

Sapporo_Diamond_Dogs.png

Away:

Sapporo_Diamond_Dogs_away.png

Alternative:

Sapporo_Diamond_Dogs_3rd.png

The team is based on the Hokkaido Inu which is an animal that is native to Hokkaido and is know for fighting bears and other various animals such as that. I liked to make a simple colour scheme that reflects the symplistic nature of the logo.

We would be playing out of Sapporo as it is one of the main cities in Hokkaido and has a big sports fanbase already there with the Fighters and Consodole Sapporo (Football/Soccer) being based there.

Ice hockey is a sport that would really fit the colder climate of Hokkaido and i think this could be a team that could threive!

The patches on the shoulder are one of a dog surrounded by the outline of Hokkaido. The other is the symbol for Hokkaido!

Arm Patch 1:

noun_husky_1121992.png

Arm Patch 2:

noun_Hokkaido_2470035.png

For those wondering why would you put a team in Hokkaido. I was planning to teach in the Sapporo area back in 2016 and i really got interested in the area and sports there. I have been following sports in Hokkaido ever since. Sadly i have never been there myself yet but it's at the top of my bucket list when i am able to travel again!

This is actually the first league where i have not made my character from the area as they're usually from Sapporo, Japan.

Words: 333

This was a great read that I found very interesting. I was actually disappointed that you only used 333 words because the work you put into it should have been worth more TPE. The uniforms and the logs look great and had to take time to put together. I hope when we expand again you are taken under consideration. 9/10

On 7/29/2020 at 4:30 PM, VinCal said:

This was a great read that I found very interesting. I was actually disappointed that you only used 333 words because the work you put into it should have been worth more TPE. The uniforms and the logs look great and had to take time to put together. I hope when we expand again you are taken under consideration. 9/10

Luckily, this design I had from a failed SIM league I tried to start. 

I just thought it was time to show the world.