"Smooth Jive Will Be Better"

Kyle

Remember When...

lupul-joffrey-desat-color-sammanthamarie

Remember when Smooth Jive fresh off his Founders Cup victory made the claim that Smooth Jive would without a doubt be better than Snijider? I do, and I'm probably the only one who remembers that ludicrous statement. So, just remembering this I'm going to take a look back and size the players up on who really had the better career and let's just see if 701's statements before Jive even entered the league were really true:

Continental Cup Victories:

Ansgar Snijider: 0

Smooth Jive: 0

Well, that's one thing he isn't losing in. But let's recall the fact that Jive was never the go to player on any team he ever played for, always playing second fiddle behind Ethan Osborne.

Goals Scored:

Ansgar Snijider: 349

Smooth Jive: 216

Not bad for Jive, but he still loses by over 100 goals. Not quite making him the better player, but we will give him the benefit of the doubt on this stat comparison and continue rifling through.

Ansgar Snijider: 755

Smooth Jive: 441

What?! Again!? This seems improbable, from what I was told I thought for sure Jive was going to be the greatest thing sliced bread. Well, I guess that's another edge in the argument for Snijider. Perhaps this means you shouldn't talk your player up before you even enter the league? Maybe, just maybe.

TL;DR: Don't overhype your guy just off one impressive season in the VHLM before you even make it, let alone compare yourself to a player who at the time was one of the better in the league. 701 thought for sure his amazing VHLM season meant he had already stamped a ticket to VHL stardom, it simply wasn't the case. Just thought I'd reflect on this and remind everyone that nobody cares how you perform in the VHLM, it's what you do after.

Edited by Kyle

701 always talks his players up though, he always goes inactive or flops. It's something I've learned to expect from him, but I've accepted it now.

Remember When...

lupul-joffrey-desat-color-sammanthamarie

Well, that's one thing he isn't losing in. But let's recall the fact that Jive was never the go to player on any team he ever played for, always playing second fiddle behind Ethan Osborne.

He was absolutely the go-to guy for at least a couple seasons with Toronto.  In fact, it sparked a debate between Devise and myself on whether or not he was good enough to lead that offense.

Had he not retired early, he would have had a helluva player in the books.. Obviously he talked a big game, and he probably overstepped when talking down Snijider - but that was 701 being 701... My personal fav. VHL agitator to play the game.

Had he not retired early, he would have had a helluva player in the books.. Obviously he talked a big game, and he probably overstepped when talking down Snijider - but that was 701 being 701... My personal fav. VHL agitator to play the game.

:yeahthat: My favorite member I have met on a sim site.