VHL First Impressions

I've been in a number of football sim leagues and while I'd heard of the VHL, I never really committed to trying it.  I know I did create a player a few years ago but I simply just lost interest.  It seems strange to me because hockey is far and away my favorite sport but at the same time, I knew next to nobody here before.  But after being on a team that was almost entirely filled with VHL guys, I decided to finally come over here.  I was blown away that the league was approaching 40 seasons and clearly something here was being done right.  The forum has a nice, clean look to it and, at least so far, everyone here seems real friendly and willing to help.  While on one hand I cannot believe that this league has been around for so long, I am also beginning to see why it has and with such a strong core, I can't imagine the VHL won't be around for at least another 40 seasons.  I know this time I'm going to be here to stay and I can't wait to be a part of easily the most impressive league I've ever seen.

• Commissioner

It's conceivable to think that the league will last so long that we will get a member who is younger than it.

I hadn't considered that but it's entirely possible. To get one now would be tricky (anyone wanna recruit a 6 year old?) but I was probably 13 when I started with sim leagues and surely people have started younger. In a few years I would actually expect this which is kinda crazy.