San Diego Marlins Team Review

Blazzer

Welcome back to another review session with me. Last week we had Saskatoon, now we have the San Diego Marlins. Their logo looks alright but to me it’s kinda gross. But just because it’s a fish and the colours make it feel and look slimy. Just me? Okay then. Let’s get straight to it then!

Team Review

The first draft that the Marlins were involved in were the S65 expansion draft. In that draft, they had 3 picks. They owned the 2nd, 5th and 8th overall picks. The Marlins are a relatively new team in the minors but they have nurtured many great players in the VHL currently. Example of great players that have step foot in this club are Pietro Angellini @okifenoki, Phil Marleau @Phil, Alex Bridges @Alex Bridges etc. Roadkill Steve @stevo has the most goals, assists and points in the club’s history but has never played a single VHL game and is now currently in depreciation. The current roster of the Marlins is not at its best, with 0 players passing the 150 tpe mark. Their highest earning player is Nathaniel N, at 133. San Diego had an above average run last season with 90 points and 5th place in the overall standings. Furthermore, they have never won an award since S70. When will their next award come?

Trade Review

September 9th saw 2 trades from the Marlins as their GM @InstantRockstar sent a S74 picks for 1 S75 pick. The 3 picks that was sent away turned out to be Haydon Learmonth, Da Man and Gaspar Zakrevsky. 2 picks were 5th rounders and the other was a 4th rounder. The second trade on the same day was with Las Vegas, sending Joakim Lund @Bouncyelf away for a S76 3rd and S75 6th. Lund is a welfare and practice facility claimer and has recently claimed is first gen bonus! A great addition to the already talented Sin city team. The third trade of the season so far is big. The Marlins send Lucifer Olivier Leveque to Yukon. In exchange for a S75 1st and S76 2nd. The conclusion of this is that San Diego is in a rebuilding state and is stocking up picks for the 2 upcoming seasons. These are all great moves by IR and Moose @IamMOOSE to help build a team that has what it takes to be succeed in the M.

Player Review

Nathaniel N @NathanN – He’s an average player to be honest with all of you. He chose to go with a playmaker build rather than a scorer and that is not going to immensely help the Marlins. Nathaniel had 31 points last season playing for the same team. His earning has recently gone back to being consistent. Nathan missed 1 full month of updates, making him considered as an inactive to some GMs. It’s great to see someone come back to the VHL once they have gone inactive for a while. Unfortunately, he is the highest earner so far for the Marlis.

Logan Hoffman @nickthe00 – Their second highest earner at 94 tpe, so close to that first-gen bonus! Keep it up buddy! For close to a month, he’s only been earning 2 tpe every week but that has changed as he’s claiming welfare too. But still not the best for the Marlins. In 72 games last season, he had 4 points. His stats have greatly improved this season, which came with the higher earning and better ratings. His scoring sits at 72 with no tpe spent on passing yet. Still he has a rather even point distribution with 5G and 4A.

Bjorn Wilhelm von Luxembourg @d3vilsfire – At 82 tpe, Bjorn has 10 points in the 12 games he has played this season. With 15 shots blocked, the German is definitely good in the D zone of the ice. His build is good, with him focusing on being a playmaker on the ice with good defensive qualities. He started to claim welfare after claiming 2 media spots right after joining the league. Oh no, is he inactive? He hasn’t claim any tpe since the week ending July 26. The Marlins need help in the O zone and him being inactive doesn’t seem to bother his stats at all.

Isaac @Isaac – This is another interesting one. He has 36 tpe banked and 0 applied to the ratings. 36 tpe, what a number. I hate to say it but it’s another inactive. His last claim was the week ending August 30 and that’s closing in on 1 month. However, Isaac already has 6 points in his rookie season. He was drafted by San Diego at 68th overall so no one can ask for much here. Towards the end of the M draft, this always happens.

*Both Isaac and Bjorn are likely to be replaced in the future as they are most likely not going to show any further improvement*

Lauri Korpikoski @Jansgasm – Back to great news, Jansgasm is active. It’s still too soon to tell if the earning will be consistent but considering that Jansgasm’s first player was created in June, I’m quite sure it’ll be consistent. Starting off with a base tpe of 54 sure helped! Lauri has 6 points so far into the season. With 33 hits and only 6 penalty minutes, Lauri Korpikoski sure is knows how to make clean hits on the ice. The scoring and passing ratings are even at 46 and 47 respectively so I’m not too sure what kind of build Lauri will have.

Michael Fletcher @DragonFire420 – Their only goalie has a save % of 0.865 and 4.4 GAA. There isn’t much to say when your team is 2-9-1 right now. He’s put into a starter position immediately after joining so that’s great experience and playing time he’s getting at the moment. Starting with 48 tpe, he’s earning welfare, practice facility and trivia and that got him to 62 tpe in 2 weeks. So keep earning and improving.

That does it for the San Diego Marlins. IR, keep up the great work along with the help of Moose. There are great plans set for this team and their GM is a great guy. I know and everyone knows, having him in the locker room is awesome. All the best to the Marlins! Next one, Philadelphia Reapers! @FrostBeard

1044 words, claiming for week ending Oct 4 & 11. 

Edited by Blazzer

I always enjoy seeing team reviews. It makes the players have their own sort of spotlight within the article and you did a great job of it. Something you could change to improve the overall astetic of the article is having the headlines be a bigger font than the rest of the article. It makes it pop out more and separates the article very nicely. 9/10 good job!

I always love team reviews. I've recommended to a few others to change the format so the main article talking about the players themselves looks more clean and not cluttered. Here's an example.

Bjorn Wilhelm von Luxembourg 

(PLAYER @)

jswafiasdfoasdnhf;oashp  owafoiasef ijabewifasiofasd aisedhfiya random informatic 

Logan Hoffman

(PLAYER @)

jswafiasdfoasdnhf;oashp  owafoiasef ijabewifasiofasd aisedhfiya random informatic 

Other than formatting I love it 9/10.