S75 LVA Draft Recap

JigglyGumballs

So since the VHLM Dispersal Draft was done yesterday, I decided it was a good idea to make a draft recap to milk TPE out of. With Vegas not picking until the 6th round, we didn't have much to work with. However with the addition of another 5 rounds past the 7th, we were still able to draft a decent amount of players who can potentially be something for us. So I wanna not only just recap who we picked with our draft picks, but I also wanna set out my expectations and what I think they could bring to LVA next season.

(Note: the picks of where they were taken come from the draft board in the portal, and not from the individual player profiles. There is a difference when it comes past the 7th round so I wanna clarify that)

:veg: Evgeni Shevkov - Drafted 6th Round, 67th Overall @Syzygy

So starting off with our first pick of the draft, we traded up this pick in order to take Shevkov. He was someone me and Spartan really liked in terms of response when we reach out to them and asked them questions regarding the draft. Something that surprises me the most about this draft class is the fact that we got ourselves a 113 TPE guy in the 6th round. Normally we'd get someone with 60-40 TPE of sorts. Anyways, I honestly feel like Shevkov can be a really solid option at C if he can be consistent in updating. As well as if we could help him get used to how things work in the VHL. Spartan traded a future pick for him so I hope he can turn out pretty well.

:veg:Angel Wachiure - Drafted 7th Round, 76th Overall @inflastud

So some of you may be asking as to how the fuck we were able to retain one of our roster players in the 7th round, let alone getting someone with 168 TPE with that pick. With Angel's case, a bit of context is needed. Angel Wachiure was supposed to be draft eligible for S74, but due to the timing of his player creation at the time, portal didn't have him on the draft board. So he ended up becoming a free agent of sorts and he chose to stay with us last season. It was ultimately decided that he was going to be eligible for the S75 draft class instead, though at this point I really don't know why he dropped so far. Maybe the portal didn't have him in the draft class until the day of the draft? Anyways, Angel honestly should have a bit more TPE than what he has by now. And that's because of the lack of activity these past couple of weeks. He is on the Discord LR so hopefully if we can just remind him to update, he'll be more active soon enough. We honestly don't want to drop him due to inactivity tbh.

:veg: Vincent Correll - Drafted 7th Round, 82nd Overall @correllvincent

So I personally really liked Correll's draft response when we first reached out to him. This guy got me @Ledge_and_Dairy vibes so I was really keen on picking him up. Luckily enough, he fell right into our lap and we straight up just took him. What I liked about him is that he has continued to update ever since he first created even though he was never with a VHLM team. He's only seen welfare and PF which means that he's a Clicker so far. Hopefully we can help him be a Welfare plus and bring him past the title of Clicker. Pressers and Trivia are really easy TPE so hopefully we can get him to do them.

:veg:Noah Mashford - Drafted 8th Round, 96th Overall @Mashy

At this point in the draft, the amount of active players are starting to dwindle to a point where you gotta start taking crapshoots. I think this is one of those risky crapshoots. Mashy hadn't updated since week ending Oct. 25th. So hopefully we can help him back into activity. Another center to add to the forward depth, I honestly think his build looks pretty good. It's honestly just a matter of if we can keep him active. So if you're reading this, I sent discord LR invite link pls join.

:veg:Alexis LePrince - Drafted 9th Round, 107th Overall @AnthonyOuellet

So the reason as to why LePrince was selected was mostly because of familiarity on @Spartan's end. I have seen him around in the EFL and I have been told that he's in the SBA as well I think, so Spartan chose him in hopes of getting him to update via affiliate TPE earning. This is honestly a solid option for the top 6 if affiliate earning is kept consistent. I honestly don't have much to say other than welcome to the team bud!

:veg:Aksu Maronen - Drafted 10th Round, 119th Overall @aksuko

A goalie that's still updating in the 10th round? Well with the trade that saw us acquire Matthew A Sovick Jr @matt sovick and a S76 first round pick for exchange for Vegas's first for this season. And with Sovick being the more active and higher TPE goalie, it means that it is very likely that Aksu Maronen is our backup for this season. Again I can't say how well a goalie's build is since I don't know jack shit about building a goalie and I've been too lazy to look up how, but hopefully Maronen would do well as our backup.

:veg: Kunibuni UnGuri - Drafted 11th Round, 131st Overall @Berocka

Since UnGuri was still drafted by us, and this is a draft recap, I still have to add him here. The only reason UnGuri fell this far was due to the fact that it was likely that he would move up to the VHL this season. So teams really don't want to waste a draft pick on someone who's likely not even gonna play for them. Nevertheless, the only reason we picked him was because it was pretty much a meme pick. That or we may have cucked Halifax from picking him and Ra Ra Rasputin for the lols. At this point we already have two other goalies, so our positional needs don't really matter at this point. Anyways, good luck in the VHL!

:veg:Maxwell Reddish - Drafted 12th Round, 143rd Overall @qoreii

To end off our draft we have Maxwell Reddish. A guy who's probably inactive but since he's yet to reach that 2 weeks of inactivity, is still considered to be active. I have nothing much to say about him tbh. Other than hopefully he comes back to activity.

And with that, this concludes the draft recap! Thank fuck we traded our earlier picks away otherwise this would be even more of a pain in the ass for me. Let me know what you think about this and I'll see you all the next time I give myself pain.

(1165 words)