Mexico City Kings S75 Captains

hylands

fhh1FgH.png

The Mexico City Kings are pleased to announce this upcoming season's leadership group, which consists entirely of players that have shown exactly what it means to be a King. Last season was a learning experience for the entire team, myself included. We managed to take a roster with only three players to start the season, and through diligent work on the waiver wire, transformed the Mexico City Kings from basement dwellers to fighting for one of the final playoff spots. Rory and I decided that the team should choose the captains for this season, as we feel we have built a strong group of players who respect each other greatly. Well, the players have spoken, and without further ado I present to you, the Season 75 Mexico City Kings Captains!

Assistant Captain #1 - Markus Emerson Jr. - @Xflexz

Markus has been a staple in the Mexico City Kings locker room for going on three seasons now. He was acquired in Season 73 and has gone on to develop into one of the most highly touted goalie prospects currently in the system. He's constantly hounding us for any possible TPE opportunities and is a driving force in our LR. After a monumental season last year, in which he was nominated for Goaltender of the Season, he is ready to backstop the Kings to a Founder's Cup!

Assistant Captain #2 - Jakob Sosa - @TMGSosa

One of our excellent waiver wire pickups from last season, the Kings were able to select Jakob Sosa at 15th overall in the Dispersal Draft and bring him back home. Sosa has Mexican roots and fully embodies what our team is all about. Always there to make a quick joke, encourage the team, or make me feel bad for not sending in lines, Jakky has hit the ground running in Mexico and fully deserves to wear an A for this season. I'm so excited to see him blossom into a phenomenal VHL member.

Captain - RJ Thatcher - @jhatty8

There's a lot I can say about RJ Thatcher here, so I'll try to keep it short. Hatty joined our team as a waiver signing all the way back in Season 73, before I took over as General Manager. He has shown incredible dedication to the Kings and is an excellent choice to lead this team on and off the ice. He is always present in our LR, and he is one of the best members I have had the pleasure of interacting with. I am confident that Thatcher will have a great career beyond Mexico City and we can only hope that he leaves here with some silverware.

I am incredibly excited for Season 75 in the VHLM. We have unmatched parity across the league with multiple teams bolstering a roster capable of making a cup run. We believe in the squad here in Mexico City and based on how we are looking before the season, great things are on the horizon. This leadership group will be instrumental in making sure we stay focused on our ultimate goal of winning the Founder's Cup. If that's not written in the stars, then we'll just enjoy the ride and have fun while we can.