My Return to the VHL

Liberty_Cabbage

As many of you know I the esteemed, revered, and cherished Liberty Cabbage went missing for a few seasons. But much like the cold breeze that comes before winter or the creepy shadow monster that is @GustavMattias hiding beneath our beds during the night I have found a way to make my quiet return to the place I belong. About two months ago, everyone’s favorite diamond Rhino @diamond_ace  reached out to me to see if I would return to the league since he had just required my rights for the 74th season. I had been thinking of making a return for a while before that but I didn’t know when would be the right time, my fear was that if I jumped back on too early without thinking I would fall off again for any number of reasons and ghost the league like last time and I felt that would be unfair for the GM or the team I was on. But like I said @diamond_ace eventually @’d me on the Prague’s discord and that was the sign I needed and I decided to come back and help the team that took a chance on me and drafted me back in season 68, 38th overall.   

Logging back into the sight again for the first time in a long time was quite an experience. Everything was so familiar but at the same time I had forgotten how to do almost anything. Luckily for me the Australian god that is Mr. @Berocka helped me find my footing specifically where my lazy ass could find the new Welfare and practice buttons since they were no longer their own post in the Forums. Getting my first look at my now old decrepit player that had suffered some pretty heavy TPE loss was a little sad most of my Offensive skills were low but my defense was still at a respectable amount. I was definitely no top pairing defenseman but I could at least give an edge to the bottom pairs. I boosted myself with the few banked TPE I earned before my disappearance and prepared for the 74th season that was quickly approaching and just prayed that my guy was not gonna suck a fat one for the whole season.

I ended up having what I would consider a very Solid season for a player who disappeared and came back without earning any TPE in-between.  In 72 Games plaid I had 38 points, a big step from the previous year where I only had 11 in the same time span. I was no all star in the points category but I doubt anyone expected me to be anything more than a depth player at this point. While I may not have been leading the league in any offensive stats (by a WIDE margin) I found other ways to make my presence known on the ice. During last season I had 157 shot blocks which was good for second on my team right behind Wolf Stansson JR and 21st in the league not bad for a bruised-up cabbage. Hits I placed a little higher league wide at 18th overall but 3rd on my team with 237, we certainly were a rough tumbler team to play against that is for sure. And finally, the stat that I’m somewhat oddly proud to have, in 72 games with 186 I was 6th in the league in penalty minutes but second on my team because Cinnamon Block refuses to be bad anything that magnificent bastard. 

Not a bad return for the cabbage man.

You were one of the most underrated people in the league (in my opinion) when you were in the minors with us and I did notice when you disappeared. Great having you back and I hope you're here to stay ?

3 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

You were one of the most underrated people in the league (in my opinion) when you were in the minors with us and I did notice when you disappeared. Great having you back and I hope you're here to stay ?

I plan on sticking around this time. Already got an idea for my next player?