Some oldies' HOF chances

Victor

• Admin

It's midseason which means I just opened the Hall of Fame discussion in the BOG in what should be an interesting season with a number of great but in some ways flawed candidates. And with that out of the way, why not have a look at the guys with only a few weeks left to secure their place on the ballot?

Condor Adrienne – He had a slow start but looks to have secured a HOF place after his big S72 and S74 performances while maintaining consistency throughout. First defenceman to lead the league in points since S14, first defenceman to win 3 Wylde Trophies, first to win all 3 defencemen awards, and scoring over a point per game to date (something recent inductees McWolf and Smitty and the hopeful Tate did not achieve) – it seems to be pretty clear-cut, cup or not. @OrbitingDeath

Raymond Bernard – A lot more at stake in the second half of S75 and the playoffs here. Without excelling in either the regular season or playoffs, Bernard is in the uncanny valley between Kriketers and Pepper in my eyes and that's a scary place to be – one is a first ballot HOFer and the other didn't make the ballot at all. I think Bernard has a large enough trophy case to make the ballot but anything beyond that will be up for debate. @Mr_Hatter

Lance Flowers – I had him pencilled in as a candidate after a fast start to his career and developing a niche as a 2-time Wylde Trophy winner. However, with him now being a 7-season defenceman, Adrienne beating him in the Wylde race, and never breaking out in terms of scoring, I think Flowers is most similar to Guntis Petenis – great defensive stats but not quite enough great seasons to make the ballot. @CowboyinAmerica

Jeff Downey – in contrast to Flowers, Downey may have done enough in his last few seasons (including what well could have been a playoff MVP) to make the ballot. He is on pace to more or less match Tate's career stats whose prospects are promising therefore Downey may too have a shot in the coming seasons. @JeffD

5 hours ago, Mr_Hatter said:

I think the end of this season (and my potential playoff performances) will have a lot to say about Bernard's chances. We always knew it would be tight, but hopefully I can sneak in :)

I bet you’d have a better shot without some eager rookie breathing down your neck itching for any small mistake that’ll let him usurp the starter’s job eh?

Edited by bigAL

45 minutes ago, bigAL said:

I bet you’d have a better shot without some eager rookie breathing down your neck itching for any small mistake that’ll let him usurp the starter’s job eh?

god damn rara stealing my thunder