20/21 Soccer/Football Thread

• 4 months later...
6 hours ago, solas said:

fuck the super league

This is not meant to be pro-super league, but I can't help but chuckle that fans are OK with clubs owned by billionaires, Russian oligarchs, oil states, etc.. and are fine with the close to unlimited money that comes with that, but this is the straw that broke the camel's back. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, FrostBeard said:

I am disappointed. ManCity should have done a lot more on offence. That said, Chelsea just provided so much amazing defence. 

I have to feel a bit bad for Aguero, leaving on such a down note, but his manager fucked him over royally with no holding midfielder on the pitch. Still though, CHELSEAAAAAAA

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, diamond_ace said:

Think France will do as people largely seem to expect and win it. However, going to make a slightly bold claim: Denmark to the quarters.

Hmm, that indeed is a bold claim. I love it! 

Also, I will say this - Portugal and Germany will be the Top 2 teams with Belgium taking the 3rd place

20 hours ago, Fire Vigneault said:

Can we just fast forward to 2026 so the US can make our own "it's coming home" memes?

ew

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2021 at 3:16 AM, diamond_ace said:

However, going to make a slightly bold claim: Denmark to the quarters.

so um...

i know i rescinded the prediction, but Denmark did in fact reach the quarters, and that's even without Eriksen (although im sure that's spurring on the rest of the team to an extent

10 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

so um...

i know i rescinded the prediction, but Denmark did in fact reach the quarters, and that's even without Eriksen (although im sure that's spurring on the rest of the team to an extent

I was actually thinking that the game between Denmark and Wales would have been closer. Super happy for Denmark though, after all they went through..

That said - Portugal is not making Quarters (Belgium will show them what they are made out of) 
Also, Germany is still going to finals! 

• 3 months later...