Season 39 Entry Draft Final Mock Draft

Mike

As per usual comma free and without re-reading ignore all grammar mistakes and mistypes.

qLXReQs.png

1st - Helsinki (from Quebec City) – Koji Yamazaki

While on paper not the most talented player in the draft Yamazaki is the belle of the ball.  There isn’t a single GM in the league that hasn’t noticed this Asian superstar.  Yamazaki has turned himself from a total unknown to potentially a first overall pick.  That hard work will be rewarded in this draft with what I think is the first overall pick.  Helsinki has a roster filled with great defensive prospects already.  Reports leaked by members within the organization are that they are transitioning some defenseman already on the roster to forwards.

YTzfe5K.png

2nd – Calgary – Jackson Miller

On paper Jackson Miller has been the best draft prospect all season.  There hasn’t been a single point throughout the year where you could say otherwise.  The problem is teams get caught up in the hype of the draft.  Emotions can sometimes cloud our judgment and the best laid plans are instantly changed in the heat of the moment.  Miller is a great prospect and if he doesn’t go first that won’t change how good he is.  Calgary is looking to take a forward but there is another rumor that they might be trading this pick away.  Regardless if someone else such as Toronto comes in here they will also take Miller.

qLXReQs.png

3rd – Helsinki – James Faraday

When the bomb dropped that James Faraday was backed by Mitch Higgins we knew big things were going to happen.  Despite being around for nearly half the time of other prospects he has shot up the draft boards.  He will need another season in the minors unless they want to rush his development but big things will happen with Faraday.  When this draft is all said and done Faraday might go down as the best player from this draft and there is no way he falls past third overall.  His current talent isn’t quite up to VHL standards but with the highest potential there is no risk even if the development takes a little longer.

ewqJmFW.png

4th – Cologne – Tyson Stokes

Stokes is the silent assassin that has always been actually talent wise near the top of the draft. He is overshadowed though by Yamazaki as the new kid and Miller as the draft’s top prospect.  The hype surrounding Faraday has also pushed Stokes down to fourth but he has been solid all season in his development.  He is already VHL ready and could help Cologne push Vasteras or Riga for a playoff spot in the European Conference.  Cologne will be adding a bunch of prospects from the minors from their draft last season.

qLXReQs.png

5th – Helsinki (from Seattle) – Milos Denis

Milos Denis has had a surprising rise down the stretch that most of the league hasn’t noticed.  Many other mock drafts and GMs have him graded lower but I think this is the real deal.  His agent has brought in both good and bad prospects but Denis is legit.  He will likely need another season in the minors but Helsinki isn’t quite ready to compete yet anyway.  They had some good prospects from the last draft and add five first round picks in this one.  The huge swing of talent will help keep Denis developing.

knfxFY7.png

6th – Vasteras – Mikkel Boomgaarden

Vasteras has an unlikely pick in the first round after having a history of trading away all picks for players.  They have an aging roster that has been consistently making the playoffs as of late and Boomgaarden can provide a much needed influx of youth.  Boomgaarden might need a second season in the minors but Vasteras might call him up anyway at least around playoff time should they still be in the hunt.  In a traditional draft we’d be talking about a potential top three prospect but I think he falls here.

ewqJmFW.png

7th – Cologne (from Riga) – Devin Sundberg

Devin Sundberg and Milos Denis to me are very similar prospects.  If Denis doesn’t jump up to fifth on draft day I feel that Sundberg will.  What is really interesting with these players around the middle of the first is they are all equal in talent essentially.  They are also going to either Cologne or Helsinki both European teams that will be coming out of a rebuild together.  These picks if some succeed and others should fail will dictate the future of who wins the European Conference.  Sundberg is repped by the infamous "Greg” and should be a great prospect.

Yp5RCrq.png

8th – New York – Andrew Erikson

All of the hype in this draft has been surrounding Koji Yamazaki and his fresh new car smell.  Andrew Erikson doesn’t really have a history in the league and quietly has turned into a solid prospect.  He definitely needs another season in the minors but if Yamazaki wasn’t in this draft we’d be comparing Erikson to someone like Draper from last season.  Erikson is a top five prospect that falls to eighth in this amazing draft.

qLXReQs.png

9th – Helsinki (from Toronto) – Lukas Nykvist

Nykvist has had a quiet rise to the first round of this draft as well.  He joined pretty late in the draft similar to Faraday without the same pedigree has still done amazing things.  There is no way he falls past the first round.  I’ll go so far as to say that some of the more well known players don’t have a career as well as Nykvist.  He needs some more work and will be in the minors again.  If he keeps up the hard work that he has shown thus far we have another good player on our hands.

qLXReQs.png

10th – Helsinki (from Davos) – Tyrone Williams

The final pick of the first round is going to come down to Sam Keeler or Tyrone Williams.  Williams has been missing for the last many weeks but has shown up again this week just in time for the draft.  Keeler has been active for the last many weeks but seems to have slipped up in this week leading up to the draft.  Many have questioned Keeler’s dedication all season even though up till now there hasn’t been cause for it.  Williams on the other hand was originally in the race to go first overall and now might slip past the first round.

"Andrew Erikson doesn’t really have a history in the league and quietly has turned into a solid prospect"

- Nicholas Miller S10 

- Jonathan Slade S17

Ya but who are those players really.  I didn't type doesn't have a history I put doesn't really have a history  :P

Ya but who are those players really.  I didn't type doesn't have a history I put doesn't really have a history  :P

They were amazing role players that had a cult following with similar tragic deaths before hitting their prime. RIP

Slade won a cup as Jakob Kjeldsen's defensive genius in front of him, he not a nobody.

Wut? When?

Didn't Kjeldsen only win in 22 when it was Angelo-Gouldhawke-Schultz-Renomitsu?

In fact, Slade was traded to Riga for Angelo during my first year after being drafted  :P

Edited by Advantage