Ribs

Mike

I talk a big fake game about myself, my player, and my team in the VHL.  In reality most people on the forum don't really know much about me or how I actually am as a person.  I actually like to cook and I'm talking real food not buy frozen in a box and microwave and throw in the oven.  Was at the beach on Saturday and made some amazing Ribs that I couldn't help but take a picture of you guys don't know what you missed.

ribs.png

Ribs normally like 5.99 a pound they were on sale for 1.99 so instead of 75$ I paid like 23 bucks for 13 pounds of ribs 3 super racks. They on sale again this week might buy another.

What kind of sauce do you use/buy/make?

I'd like to go crazy and make some good bbq sauce myself it doesnt seem that hard but I usually try whats on sale and over time find what I like from the store. There are different kinds of sauces not even brands like Carolina style, Kansas city, Memphis, and Texas for instance each have a different style/taste.  I prefer Kansas City BBQ wiki definition:

Kansas City barbecue refers to the specific style of slow smoked meat that evolved from the pit of Henry Perry in the early 1900s in Kansas City, Missouri. Kansas City barbecue is slow smoked over a variety of woods and then covered with a thick tomato- and molasses-based sauce.

Carolina is more of a vinegar BBQ

For my ribs in that picture I actually used Guy Fieri Kansas City BBQ sauce it was on sale and I've tried it before I'm not a huge fan of Carolina style but if you are one of those people that puts vinegar on your french fries for instance you might prefer that kind more.

guy-kc-rating4.gif

You want to rub the food down like a hour before you cook it too all over I used this for those ribs

0005210001945_500X500.jpg

Spiced Bourbon pork rub is so good unlike the BBQ I do make my own rubs sometimes.