Claimed:A Brief Look Back Into the S43 Entry Draft [Final 6/6]

DollarAndADream

It's time for another edition of "A Brief Look Back"! For records sake, here are the previous editions:

Season 37 Part 1 + Part 2

Season 38 Part 1 + Part 2

Season 39

Season 40 (other parts in thread)

Season 41 (other parts in thread)

Season 42 Part 1 Part 2

While these next players I'm going to look at haven't had lengthy time in the VHL as of yet, I still find it interesting to take a gander at them.

Hans Wingate - 3rd Overall

YTzfe5K.png

-----------------------------------

8949567.jpg?size=620x400s

-----------------------------------

This goaltender was taken third overall in this draft, and while he has not played a ton of hockey at the VHL level, he has accomplished many things. Hans was a Minot Gladiator at the VHLM level, and entered the VHL as a selection from the Calgary Wranglers, where he remains today. In his first season of VHL hockey, he had a record of 14-46-4. While these numbers are not great in the slightest, he did post a save percentage of .912% and a goals against average of 3.23 with an additional two shutouts. Calgary was going through a rebuild at the time, and Wingate is the key piece for what they believed factored into victory. Obviously, Hans Wingate did not play in the post-season in Season 43. In Season 44, the Wranglers surprised everybody. Hans boasted a record of 40-18-6, basically the opposite of the season prior. He had a save percentage of .923% and a 2.07 goals against average. On top of that, he had seven shutouts. These numbers beat out Niklaus Mikaelson for best in the league, which is amazing for only a sophomore. Wingate blew the idea of "sophomore slump" out of the water. It was in the playoffs where things got more interesting. In the post-season just recently, the Wranglers went on a roll. They beat out the New York Americans in a 4-1 series, the cup favourite Quebec City Meute in five games as well, and then took out the Cologne Express in six games to win the Continental Cup. Hans Wingate posted a .926% save percentage, a 2.19 goals against average and added 3 shutouts, for what clearly made him the MVP. With only two seasons down in his career, it seems the sky is the limit for Wingate.

Pablo Escabar - 4th Overall

qLXReQs.png

---------------------------------------

c4s_sustr2112014_14246602_8col.jpg

---------------------------------------

Pablo was taken fourth overall in the draft to the Seattle Bears, and has had a big uprise through the ranks of the VHL. Having phenomenal seasons in the minor system, the big question was what kind of production would Seattle get out of him in the big leagues? Well, in his rookie season with the Bears, Escabar scored five goals and added 22 assists, giving him 27 points in his first seasonal outing as a defenseman in the VHL. He was a +6 with 156 hits and 104 shots blocked. It was the post-season where Escabar was challenged. The Seattle Bears were the underdogs that season in Season 43, and they proved everyone wrong. They took the Toronto Legion out in four games, upset the Meute in five, and beat the Cologne Express in seven games riding on the back of Niklaus Mikaelson, wowing the whole league. Pablo Escabar had 13 points and was a +13 for the Bears in those 16 games, with 42 hits and 18 blocked shots. Superb numbers for the playoffs. In that off-season though, Pablo was then traded to the Helsinki Titans, where he still plays. In his first season with the Titans and his second season in the VHL, he had 24 goals and put up 62 assists, for 86 points, which is a major upgrade over his rookie campaign. He laid out 330 hits and blocked 271 shots to boot. His rebuilding Helsinki squad was last in the VHL though, but that team is on the rise and it will be interesting to watch Escabar and the Titans heading forward.

Content 3/3 - I already told you that I like these kind of articles, and this one lived up to the work from the previous editions! I've been a massive fan of Wingate and Escabar is doing well too. Two solid picks here.

Grammar 2/2 - Again, the Head Grader showing off with perfection. I didn't notice anything.

Appearance 1/1 - Pics and stuff

Final 6/6