A Tragedy in the Hockey World

Mistxh J

Timur Faizutdinov

March 16th marks a great tragedy for the hockey community around the world as 19 year old Timur Faizutdinov passed away this morning after sustaining a head injury during a game last Friday. Timur was a defense-man for Dynamo St. Petersburg's junior team in the MHL. At just 19 years old he was the leading bull for the team and sparked their locker room which is why he earned the big 'C' on his jersey. Timur's injuries were the result of receiving a puck to the head after his opposition attempted to dump the puck in their zone but unfortunately Timur was in the way. 

Timur was seen almost immediately grabbing his head and stumbling before collapsing to the ice. After the team and MHL doctors attempted to provide on ice care he was immediately rushed to the hospital where for three days doctors and Timur would fight for his life. It is with great sadness that all efforts failed and Timur died this morning under care. The news of his passing spread quickly and many will miss his young spirit on the ice. 

VHLM rising star, Nicholas Mariani, had some words about the tragedy after his morning skate today during an interview. Nicholas had said, "First and foremost I want to give my condolences to the family of Timur Faizutdinov, I cannot imagine the pain that they are going through right now. I knew he was hospitalized on Friday and that he was battling but I never knew the details... no one did." he chokes up a bit before continuing on, "Not many people knew this but before making my decision on entering the VHLM draft I was seriously considering going to Europe for a couple years to truly hone my skills. Timur had reached out to me to actually join his team, we would talk about forming a powerhouse team and everything. When I heard the news I was in the middle of my morning skate, I took it hard.. I just dropped and my emotions took over, it was just the worst news I could have heard. All I can say is that the hockey world has lost a good one, but Heaven gained another angel. My Prayers got out to his family." After finishing his thoughts Nicholas ended the interview there and went on to later post a picture of Timur Faizutdinov on his social media with the caption, "Rest in Peace Timur Faizutdinov #dynamoforever" . 

In memory of Timur Faizutdinov here was my way of a giving him a tribute . RIP Timur, Hockey will miss you 03/16/21

(word count 410) 

Edited by Mistxh J
Typo

19 years old is just way, way too young. A very scary, yet real reminder of just how dangerous ice hockey is, but it never deterred him from playing the game he loved. Such a tragic loss, and hopefully lessons can be learned to avoid similar incidents. 

@Mistxh JThanks for alerting us of this tragedy and reminding us that hockey is just a game and only a part of life albeit a potentially dangerous one. Condolences to Timur's family. This is also a reminder that hockey - even fake hockey - is a community and when one hurts, we all hurt.

Review:

This was well-written and the style and tone was appropriate for the subject. You brought your own thoughts to this terrible event which made it poignant and heart-felt. 10/10