Malmo off-season update

:mal:

Intro

I was gone for a while from making longer articles. But I figured I would change it up and go over some of my teammates! Today I’ll be going over some of the current players, prospects, and picks. I’ll break down the depth in every current position. Since we all know that Malmo have a plethora of picks, I will also make guesses on what positions Malmo may try to draft not only this year, but next year as well. Lots of people will probably tell you from my Moscow days that I’m a better writer then graphic guy. Without further ado, let’s get into it!

:mal:Forwards:mal:

While future wing depth is okay, the center’s are starting to get older. So I would lean towards Malmo drafting a center first this year before a winger. Arther Dayne is currently the best forward and center for the Nighthawks. Dayne had a beast season with 90 points in S77. Whether he retires here or gets traded. He’s a big part of the core regardless. Wingers Telker and Deathwalker both had big seasons in their own way. Druss picked up production near the later half and into the postseason. While he wasn’t a production power house down the stretch like Telker was. He checks big, and is a great power forward. Production for Deathwalker will only get better every season. Kevin Sterk had a breakout year in the VHL, with nearly a ppg production all year on a weaker team. Carson Walkers could be in store for a breakout year as well, after getting about 25 points each in his first 2 years in the VHL. Eddie Dams will be looking to improve on his rookie season of 14 points. 

:mal:Defence:mal:

Malmo is fine for now in terms of Defense, but I predict that they’ll use a 1st round pick or 2 to grab some defencemen for the future. Randy Marsh leads the backend TPE wise after he was picked up earlier in the S77 season. If he survives the always possible trade train that Malmo may explore, he will continue to be a core part of the team next year. Viktor Kamenov lead Nighthawk defence in scoring with 68 points in 72 games. He is another big part going forward. Wu and Wakaro are nice depth pieces to have around on the backend as well. 

:mal:Goalers:mal:

This is the one position that Malmo doesn’t really need to do a whole lot for a long time. Artem Tretiak is and will be the starter here for a long time. He’s got many seasons left, and will only get better with time. Woody Mcpine will be the presumed backup for next year. Any pick on a goalie in the first round would certainly make me raise an eyebrow, but a future backup goalie pick in a later round couldn’t hurt. 

Outro

The future gets me excited. The heartbeat of Malmo relies on us sticking together as a team. I tried to at least comment on or include every active player on the squad. I hope that I can start to do these more regularly with Malmo and get more involved with the team. I hope everyone enjoyed this article!

GO MALMO GOOOOOO:mal:

Players mentioned/GM @Cwalker @TenZi @Infernal @animal74 @Eddie Dams @kevinscix @Snussu @oilmandan @BigTittySmitty @HearnNation67 @Molholt

Edited by Telkster