Nicholas Sunderbruch Retirement

Nicholas Sunderbruch, star forward drafted by Toronto and traded last season to London, has retired. After spending his time in the league he has decided to call it quits. Nicholas started in this league with the Las Vegas Aces, being offered a Free Agent contract by @Spartan. Whenever Sunderbruch was asked about his time in the Minors he always responded with sheer gratefulness and respect for Spartan who took a chance on him, and taught him how to build a player correctly. After his first year in the minors was up, Spartan decided to draft him back to Vegas for another chance at a cup with him. While they made it very close, forcing a game seven against Miami in the Semi-finals, the Aces cup dreams were unfortunately slashed. And with that Sunderbruch wouldn't smell a playoff chance for a few more years in the VHL. Being drafted in the second round by the Toronto Legion, who traded up in the draft in order to pick him, Sunderbruch started his VHL career hot, as he put up over a point per game in his rookie season. A candidate for ROTY, Sunderbruch's career looked like it was going to be one to behold. Yet as Sunderbruch was developing problems started to arise. 

As Sunderbruch's development hastened the locker room environment in Toronto quickly became toxic, as two other players were constantly bashing one another and causing a locker room environment more like a cell than a place of play. Sunderbruch became very disheartened but he still claimed wellfare and didn't leave the League. Putting up 50 points in his very next season, it was an average season for a player who had once thought to have been a first line forward. Now on the third line Nicholas had much less minutes to prove his talents. Another season went and Sunderbruch put up another 50 points, a total that he was not too happy with. In the very next season Sunderbruch played a total of 51 games with Toronto before being traded to playoff contender London United. In those 50 games with Toronto Nicholas put up an abysmal 14 points, and in his last 20 with London he put up a total of 10 for 24 points in that season.

Season 79 will be Sunderbruch's last season in the VHL before he retires back to his home of Tampa Florida, and will live out the rest of his days playing Golf and teaching his sons how to play hockey. This career wasn't what Sunderbruch wanted it to be, but it was still a career with many fans and many friends made along the way. Nicholas would like to thank some different people before this article comes to a close. I'm now gonna stop writing the rest of this article as someone else and write it from my own perspective to give proper thanks to the people who I enjoyed playing for and with and people who made this career a good one. First I want to thank Spartan, I'd tag ya again but it won't let me haha, without you I wouldn't have had the same amazing locker room experience that I had with you. Vegas really does have the best locker room culture in the league and you made sure of that, I know you've moved on to GM in the big leagues and I'm glad to say that the worlds greatest coach was my first. Next I wanna thank @JigglyGumballs you were a HUGE part of the Vegas team that picked me up and molded me as a player, you always supported my wacky articles and absolutely egged me on to be the best player I could. Thank you @Peaceyou took a chance on me in the draft and I know I never lived up to that draft steal expectation, but I know you don't feel any negativity about it, you were an awesome GM and even went out of your way to clean up the locker room when it had become how it did, you kick ass man and I know you're going to win a cup soon, I can feel it man. Also a special thanks to some players, @Crstats23In my first season in the big leagues I saw you as my rival to beat and it really surged my TPE production forward and overall made me better as a community member, thank you for being an awesome former teammate, and thank you for being a fucking stud. Thank you @G_Rush You were an excellent teammate and another one of my rivals in the big leagues, much love homie. @Juice dude you were like one of the coolest teammates I ever had, I'm glad I could play even if only a limited time with you. @MattyIce You were an awesome AGM in London and I look forward to Londons success in coming years, love you bro. And another huge thank you to @McWolf you helped get me to a contending team, even if we didnt win it was fun playing some extra hockey. This article is getting so long and there's so many more people to thank and I can't put them all in here, so I just wanna say to the rest I missed, I think you're awesome and I wouldn't trade the experience y'all gave me for the world. And I hope to see some of you on my future teams or on the ice. Seacrest out.

1 hour ago, NickSunderbruch said:

@Juice dude you were like one of the coolest teammates I ever had, I'm glad I could play even if only a limited time with you.

;-; You were one of the first dudes to welcome me to the LR when I got drafted to Toronto and I'm glad the respect is mutual as I loved playing with you too ❤️

Maybe with your next player we can go for round 2 :D