Regression vs forced retirement

• Commissioner

Yeah.. I was saying that they should lessen the careers. I don't even know the current rule though, but if it is regression -- I was saying it should be forced retirement.

Right now it's depreciation for 3 (or is it 4?) seasons before a forced retirement after their 8th season.

Yeah.. I was saying that they should lessen the careers. I don't even know the current rule though, but if it is regression -- I was saying it should be forced retirement.

The system currently works like this:

At the start of your 6th, 7th, and 8th seasons, you lose 3%, 5%, and 7%, respectively, of the points on your attributes. You can play no more than eight seasons.

Your concern with players going 9 or 10 seasons making it harder for the younger players is warranted, for sure. Personally, though, I don't see it being much of a problem, because at 13% depreciation and not being able to bank points for seasons beyond 8, a player couldn't start their 9th season with any attribute being higher than 86. Because of the harsh penalty of playing beyond 8 seasons, we might get two per season who decide to extend their career.

The system currently works like this:

At the start of your 6th, 7th, and 8th seasons, you lose 3%, 5%, and 7%, respectively, of the points on your attributes. You can play no more than eight seasons.

Your concern with players going 9 or 10 seasons making it harder for the younger players is warranted, for sure. Personally, though, I don't see it being much of a problem, because at 13% depreciation and not being able to bank points for seasons beyond 8, a player couldn't start their 9th season with any attribute being higher than 86. Because of the harsh penalty of playing beyond 8 seasons, we might get two per season who decide to extend their career.

Keep it how it is.

Re: banking not being allowed, people could just get around that by not updating for a season. It would also result in their attributes not dropping as much from the depreciation although they're sacrificing some quality in their 8th season.

Re: banking not being allowed, people could just get around that by not updating for a season. It would also result in their attributes not dropping as much from the depreciation although they're sacrificing some quality in their 8th season.

Include TPE earned that hasn't been updated as "banked." Any TPE earned before the week that depreciation is done must be added before depreciation, or it goes away.

Include TPE earned that hasn't been updated as "banked." Any TPE earned before the week that depreciation is done must be added before depreciation, or it goes away.

Too much shit to change (IMO) for what you suggest would be maybe two people per season. I think you have to weigh the benefit of this (minimal at best) with the outrage/frustration it'd cause.