Houston Bulls Press Conference

mattyIceman

17 hours ago, MattyIce said:

gfyt8tQ.png

HOUSTON BULLS PRESS CONFERENCE

Week ending on October 10th

1 tpe for 3 answers, maximum 2 tpe for answering all 6!

1.  We are 19-8-1 so far, tied for second place in the West with Las Vegas.  Did you think we could start off this well?

2.  Are you happy with your production and contribution to the team?

3.  At this point in the season, what is something you think you can improve on in your style of play? via Jamomayo

4.  What do you think of the team's turnaround from last year?  (Team was empty, finished last in the league) via CSkams15

5.  Theme week is coming up next week!  What do you hope theme week will be about?

6.  What are your favorite pizza toppings???

DA BULLZ: @Komaryk @Jamomayo @Moon_50 @Jeremy Morin @CDS_Leb @Dtayl @CSkams15 @Greg Ernest @DUSS7Y @a_Ferk @Spence King @CV38  @Jabs @LeBron Jamezz

1. I believe in our teams capabilities and I think we honestly could be playing even better and steal that first place by the end of the season.

2. I could contribute more to the team but I could say I'm happy with my contribution.

3. There's lots I could improve on in my style of play, I as a player am looking to become better overall as a player. If there was one thing I would have to directly choose to improve on it would have to be my Defensive work

4. I wasn't playing last season so I couldn't tell you about all the flaws but I believe we are playing more as a team and making amazing plays on all our lines.

5. Theme week.. Not sure I have heard of it, but I'm really into soccer and tropical area's so that could be cool.

6. Myself I usually go for a meat lovers pizza and I think Brooklyn peperoni has great taste. But beef crumble is also a great choice. 

1. No I honestly didn’t know what to expect I knew we have a solid team but I thought there might be a lot of teams better and boy was I wrong this team is doing great and I’m so proud of the boys

2. lately no I’ve really been slacking I’ve had a monkey on my back the last few games and I need to take that monkey and throw it back in a zoo

3. I wanna become a more flexible player I’m going to get better on face offs and defensive side of the game so my coach can play me anywhere

4. I was on this houstan team last year and it sucked losing every game and this turn around has been awsome I love it here in houstan I’m so happy we can give the fans some exciting hockey to watch again

5. tbh I’m new around here and I’m not really sure what theme week is

6. defiantly donair and hotdogs boy I love hotdogs

1.  I'm the new General Manager here!  It's a pleasure to fill out the team from scratch with a fresh batch of promising players.  What are your career plans for your player?

Well coming in mid season, Train hard and do my part and step up as needed, then focus on getting ready for next season

2.  Let's talk about hockey.  What do you like the most about the sport?

What isnt there to like about hockey, cold temps, hard hitting action, blood sweat and tears and rivalry's  

3.  Is there an NHL star player that you model your player after?  If so, who is it?

Henrik Lundqvist, god what a career that man had even played out last few seasons with a major heart problem

4.  Which NHL team do you root for?  Which one can't you stand??

Rangers, and obviously the Islanders

5.  IRL question:  How are you doing?  Are you a student in school, or working?  What's up in general with things in your life?

Trying to work, Covid killed most of it though(i do handyman type work)

6.  How much time do you dedicate to activity on the forums or discord to keep up with league activity?

way to much time 

1.  I'm the new General Manager here!  It's a pleasure to fill out the team from scratch with a fresh batch of promising players.  What are your career plans for your player?

You are not a New manager, stop lying (Don't worry, if you are reading this, I know this is an old Presser but I want my TPE). Sirdsvaldis will rule over peoples hearts and become the true saviour of mankind! 

2.  Let's talk about hockey.  What do you like the most about the sport?

Winning? Yeah, I guess that is it, I really do like winning!

3.  Is there an NHL star player that you model your player after?  If so, who is it?

Yes, Sirdsvaldis Miglasķēms, I have heard he has done a lot of different sports and careers. 

4.  Which NHL team do you root for?  Which one can't you stand??

Tampa Bay Lightning is the only team that really matters. Boston Bruins can go and shove... They are fine, I am gonna go and sign in anger management courses right away.

5.  IRL question:  How are you doing?  Are you a student in school, or working?  What's up in general with things in your life?

Beekeeping and eating a lot of meat daily, need to make sure there is no pork or beef left in the store. 

6.  How much time do you dedicate to activity on the forums or discord to keep up with league activity?

I dedicate as much time as I can as I have a busy schedule. That said, I would say I am around for about 2-3 hours daily, actively chatting and sitting here.

gfyt8tQ.png

Week ending on October 17th

1.  We're currently 4th place in the league, but have yet to beat the three teams above us.  How can we do this?

2.  Houston has the NBA Rockets and MLB Astros, do you think the Bulls have a shot to be as popular with the fans?

3.  What do you think about the theme week theme this season?  What will your player do when he retires after his VHL career?  Maybe write up a media spot about it and collect that sweet tpe...

4.  Do you think the team needs to practice more?  Or less?

5.  Which NHL player's career do you hope to emulate?

6.  Spirit animals!!  Which one is yours and why?

DA BULLZ: @Komaryk @Jamomayo @Moon_50 @Jeremy Morin @CDS_Leb @Dtayl @CSkams15 @Greg Ernest @DUSS7Y @a_Ferk @Spence King @CV38  @Jabs @LeBron Jamezz @Deathblooms @FrostBeard @Ron Gorgonzola 

1. We need to come together as a team and believe in ourselves and not be complacent with 4th.

2. As a warm weather city hockey obviously isn't your first thought but Houston has great fans that will support their city no matter what sport it is.

3. The theme this year is interesting and really makes you think about your future beyond the sport of hockey. I will probably become a coach for a college team or younger or go into broadcasting haven't really decided yet. 

4. I think we practice the perfect amount to much practice and you are worn out for your game to little practice and you aren't prepared for your next game.

5. I hope to emulate the career of Al MacInnis with that slapshot he didn't blow everyone away with his style or numbers but he did what he had to do to help his organization win games and that what I strive to be like.

6. My spirit animal has to be the Tiger I am very patient but when I get the chance I attack and punish the opposing team.

1. Stick to the process and trust in it and shake the lines up could be a magical pairing waiting to happen

2. As a former Texan, not likely its a football state, plus they don't really like the cold.

3. First theme week so nothing to compare to. To early to tell he just needs to focus on the season ahead, maybe so kind of training compacity if id guess though.

4. Team most certainly does. Really need to work on discipline, we pulled way to many penalties in are last game and didn't capitalize on five powerplay's, special teams needs some love

5. Henrik Lundqvist, amazing career and has been a great mentor to many

6. A Hawk, couldn't tell you why been following me around in dreams for 20 years now ask them lol

33 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

gfyt8tQ.png

1.  We're currently 4th place in the league, but have yet to beat the three teams above us.  How can we do this?

2.  Houston has the NBA Rockets and MLB Astros, do you think the Bulls have a shot to be as popular with the fans?

3.  What do you think about the theme week theme this season?  What will your player do when he retires after his VHL career?  Maybe write up a media spot about it and collect that sweet tpe...

DA BULLZ: @Komaryk @Jamomayo @Moon_50 @Jeremy Morin @CDS_Leb @Dtayl @CSkams15 @Greg Ernest @DUSS7Y @a_Ferk @Spence King @CV38  @Jabs @LeBron Jamezz @Deathblooms @FrostBeard @Ron Gorgonzola 

1. I believe if we had a little more teamwork and just feeding each other the puck in the right place at the right time we could sweep them right off their feet.

2. The bulls 100% could get to be as popular as the Rockets and the Astros, if we keep up the great work into the playoffs I wouldn't be surprised if we past them in fans.

3. I think its a good idea for some tpe. got a few idea's about what I might do when I retire but not sure what I really want to do yet, after all my career has just started. 

4. Practice helps the teams chemistry, and helps us all get better at the game we play I believe we practice enough i might have to practice some more on my own time.

5. I would love to be like Patrick Kane. Fantastic offensive ability, good passer,  very calm and collected, fast and scores loads of good goals

6. My spirit animal is a cougar from all the ways they are cleaver in catching they're prey and the intense speed and balance they have.

1. If everyone works a little harder and play better as a team we can beat them this could mean changing a few things up 

2. I believe we could be more poplar I mean we’re bulls were big mean and ferocious what else is there to love

3.  This is the first theme week for me so  I’m not quite sure what to think. And there’s still a lot of carreer left for me but  I would love to do more charity work or even go back to school and become a teacher

4. I believe we need to pratice more we’re not quite at the top of the league yet but I believe we can get there

5. of course everyone wants to be the next Wayne Gretzky but myself I want to be lik mark messier to be known for my passing scoring and of course being the meanest on the ice

6. my spirit animal is defiantly a bull a big sexy muscular machine 

On 10/12/2021 at 4:56 PM, MattyIce said:

gfyt8tQ.png

1. Fight all their stars and break their noses so they can’t play 👍 

2. In a city like Houston and a state like Texas hockey will just simply have to live with being a third wheel, as it does in many other places. Hopefully that changes one day but I don’t see it in the near future sadly.

3. I would love to do some writing after I retire, I’ve always wanted to be a journalist.

4. More, I think there should be mandatory boxing training every other day and “Body Checking 101” on off days.

5. I don’t have one in mind but it was kinda like Radio Gudas or Dion Phaneuf when I made him but then it shifted more to Rob Blake, Drew Doughty, your generic star 2-way d-man that’s good at throwing the body, but now my goal is to be the next Bobby Orr. Bad at nothing, master of literally everything. Fighting, hitting, passing, goal scoring, leadership, defense, etc. nothing he couldn’t do

6. Chimpanzee. Hyper as fuck, weirdly aggressive, will fling shit at you for slightest inconvenience.

1.  We're currently 4th place in the league, but have yet to beat the three teams above us.  How can we do this? We'll have to keep on improving and earning TPE.

2.  Houston has the NBA Rockets and MLB Astros, do you think the Bulls have a shot to be as popular with the fans? Yeah because Houston sports is a joke right now. They also have the Texans but they are the shittiest of the three.

3.  What do you think about the theme week theme this season?  What will your player do when he retires after his VHL career?  Maybe write up a media spot about it and collect that sweet tpe.. I don't know, didn't look at it because I'm not doing it.

4.  Do you think the team needs to practice more?  Or less? More, we only have a handful of capped players.

5.  Which NHL player's career do you hope to emulate? One that made the hall of fame.

6.  Spirit animals!!  Which one is yours and why? My dog because he sleeps a lot and does fuck all.

On 10/12/2021 at 4:56 PM, MattyIce said:

gfyt8tQ.png

Honestly dont see it happening , these teams are super teams and if we can beat them its something i wont forget for the rest of my career

IDK Anything about the Astro's but i know the Rockets are NOT good, so not much competition there lol

Well i missed Theme week 😕 however the TD passed and we lost two of my best friends in Nils and James in Trades i didnt see coming and i wasnt even able to say goodbye :( 

My Opinion is irrelevant , im leaving that up to our management team, my job is to bang bodies

Im hoping to emulate Sean Avery's Career and guys like Jordan Tootoo , Scorers turned the toughest guy in the league

🐄, because im a BULL

gfyt8tQ.png

Week ending on October 31st

1.  What are you doing to prepare for the playoffs as they are right around the corner?

2.  What are your thoughts on the new management group?

3.  Who do you think has played the biggest role this regular season?

4. What are some goals you have for you players future?

5. If you could pick out of these three what would you pick: Waffles, Crepes or Pancakes?

6. Favourite movie when you were a kid?

11 hours ago, Moon_50 said:

gfyt8tQ.png

1.  What are you doing to prepare for the playoffs as they are right around the corner?

5. If you could pick out of these three what would you pick: Waffles, Crepes or Pancakes?

1. Last minute tweeks to my skills, watching over gameplay, just figuring out my team and the opposing teams play styles.

2. Huge shout out to them. Stepping up right before the playoffs and right when we needed them, huge thanks to moon and ferg.

3. The biggest role would probably have to go to my man biggie cheese. He's been having a fantastic seasons, lots of goals, lots of assists, big hits, and big time plays of both ends of the ice.

4. Some goals, definitely work on my passing and team play.. get stronger become more of a force to be reckoned with. 

5. Depending on who's making it I would have to choose between creeps and pancakes I've had some really good crepes and some really bad ones so I think overall I'd have to pick pancakes.

6. My favorite movie when I was a kid easily would have to be Scooby-Doo, like who doesn't like Scooby-Doo so good all around. 😁

20 hours ago, Moon_50 said:

gfyt8tQ.png

1. Trying to get a little TPE into these new skates!

2. I don't know, I just got here!

3. Probably the largest player on the team.

4. I want to actually soon a championship at some level. Last guy had the worst luck in the playoffs.

5. Crepes. I had a cannoli crepe two summers ago that would knock your socks off.

6. Peter Pan.

1.  What are you doing to prepare for the playoffs as they are right around the corner?
I love to eat a lot of fatty and hardy meals to feel strong and powerful. Buckwheat porridge with pork sausages and pickled cabbage is the most delicious thing for that. 

2.  What are your thoughts on the new management group?
I hate it. Who would have thought that Moon out of all people would become the GM and he has the nerve to take Ferk as his AGM? The audacity.. 

3.  Who do you think has played the biggest role this regular season?
Me. Period. I am the best player on the team by a long shot and without me there is no Houston. 

Goal Nr.1 - Win 8 Continental cups, Goal Nr.2 Be the best player in the VHL, Goal Nr.3 Never gonna give you up

So, because I am a Latvian and when we talk about pancakes, we mean Crepes - I am gonna say Crepes. It is the ultimate Sunday food. 

Lord of The Rings Two Towers is a masterpiece that I have watched around 100 times throughout my childhood.

1.  What are you doing to prepare for the playoffs as they are right around the corner? Currently I am trying to put a curse on Halifax!

2.  What are your thoughts on the new management group? Never heard of them tbh.

3.  Who do you think has played the biggest role this regular season? Biggie Cheese, the legend.

4. What are some goals you have for you players future? Hall of fame or bust.

5. If you could pick out of these three what would you pick: Waffles, Crepes or Pancakes? Wtf is a crepe. Waffles. Pancakes are gross.

6. Favourite movie when you were a kid? The SpongeBob Squarepants movie.

Week ending November 7th

1. We unfortunately got eliminated by Halifax in 6 games. What advantage do you think they had over us?

2. How do you think your season went from an individual standpoint?

3. Where do you predict you'll end up playing in Season 81? (Next season)

4. Predictions for who wins the VHLM?

5. Best thing that has happened to you this year?

6. What is your favorite Beatles song?

1. We unfortunately got eliminated by Halifax in 6 games. What advantage do you think they had over us?

They didn't have an advantage. Sirdsvaldis just was so bad at the hockey that it was just plain sad. 

Bad, should have been the best player in the league, what is this, amateur hour?

VHLE. Need a good team like Bratislava to represent me. I know I can do everything and I can be sure that VHLE will be scared of my power.

A team that is not Houston I guess? I hope for Halifax, they beat us and have shown their strength. 

Nothing. There was nothing good going on. All these virus things and my alcohol addiction didn't help. To fix that, I have started consuming much more alcohol. 

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. Don't know why, but I like it. 

On 11/1/2021 at 11:24 PM, a_Ferk said:

Week ending November 7th

1. They had better teamwork and communication all around. 

2. I believe it went pretty well, some good plays, nice assists, some goals, some good hits. Loved the season.

3. Hopefully I get drafted into the VHL but I believe if I stayed here for another season that would be great to.

4. I got my money on Yukon with a big comeback.

5. That's a great question. I guess being able to meet so many cool people out and about. Even if they didn't stay for long. 

6. I don't know that many Beatles songs but "Here comes the Sun" is a good vibe.

Houstun Bolls press conference 

1. What attribute are your focusing on improving the most this offseason?

2. Do you think we won the trade with LVA? (We received 2 first round picks and a 3rd for three of our players around 120 TPE and a 4th)

3. What are your thoughts on Minnesota and Yukon moving to the VHLE?

4. Your favorite video game of all time?

5. What is your opinion on kranch? (ketchup + ranch)

6. Have you watched the squid game show everyone has been talking about for the past few months?

22 hours ago, a_Ferk said:

2. Do you think we won the trade with LVA? (We received 2 first round picks and a 3rd for three of our players around 120 TPE and a 4th)

6. Have you watched the squid game show everyone has been talking about for the past few months?

1. I'm trying my best to become stronger. 

2. I believe it could be an amazing trade if the next draft is good!

3. They both were amazing teams that very much out shined the rest of the league they used to be in.

4. My favorite video game of all time would have to be Tomb Raider or The Last of Us.

5. Most definitely a no go from me man 🤣

6. I have watched it and I think it's pretty good.

On 11/13/2021 at 12:56 PM, a_Ferk said:

1. What attribute are your focusing on improving the most this offseason? Im going to work on my scoring as I want to put the puck in the back of the net more!

2. Do you think we won the trade with LVA? (We received 2 first round picks and a 3rd for three of our players around 120 TPE and a 4th) I Think Houston won that trade 100%

3. What are your thoughts on Minnesota and Yukon moving to the VHLE? Very very strange but it may be good im not sure.

4. Your favorite video game of all time? Honestly dont really have one I can think of off the top of my head.

5. What is your opinion on kranch? (ketchup + ranch) I do not have a opinion but I will say its a strange combo.

6. Have you watched the squid game show everyone has been talking about for the past few months? I have not.

On 11/13/2021 at 3:56 PM, a_Ferk said:

1. Defense, the king of all attributes.

2. Yeah, those picks should quickly get up to that level.

3. It's pretty impressive, moving a state and a territory to Europe. Must've taken a big shovel.

4. The Witcher 3. Or maybe 2. But one of those two.

5. Not a fan of ranch, not a fan of kranch.

6. Nah, maybe I'll watch it when I'm recovering from my surgery.

Houston bulls press conference 11/21

1. What is your favorite VHLM logo? (be honest)

2. What are you doing to pass time during the offseason?

3. Are you excited for the draft on the weekend?

4. What is the most interesting video you have watched lately?

5. What do you think of Biggie Cheese's number retirement?

6. What is your opinion on country music?