Houston Bulls Press Conference

mattyIceman

On 3/16/2022 at 4:57 AM, Arce said:

7 Surprising Facts About St. Patrick's Day - HISTORY

gfyt8tQ.png

HOUSTON BULLS PRESS CONFERENCE

Week ending on March 20th

1. Mexico City is a tough opponent, how do you feel about our chances in this round?

2. Do you think Philadelphia or Saskatoon will win on the other end?

3. Do you watch March Madness? If so who is your champion?

4. The month of St. Patrick's Day is associated with luck, do you feel lucky for anything in your life?

5. If the Bulls were to have a chant, what should it go like in your opinion?

6. As I am sure was put on your recruiting form, how did you hear about the VHL? Curious on a team level.

1. I feel great about any team we play.

2. I would’ve guessed Philly but Saskatoon won.

3. I’m huge on March Madness. My champion are the Arizona Wildcats.

4. I feel lucky to be alive I guess.

5.  Maul em Bulls, Maul em Bulls.
6. I heard about it from the SBA.

On 3/16/2022 at 4:57 AM, Arce said:

7 Surprising Facts About St. Patrick's Day - HISTORY

gfyt8tQ.png

Week ending on March 20th

1. Mexico City is a tough opponent, how do you feel about our chances in this round?

4. The month of St. Patrick's Day is associated with luck, do you feel lucky for anything in your life?

6. As I am sure was put on your recruiting form, how did you hear about the VHL? Curious on a team level.

1. We should win (and we do)

2. Surprisingly Saskatoon did

3. Nope, I don't know much about the NCAA

4. haven't had much luck in a while

5. RAGE RAGE RAGE, Let the Bulls RAMPAGE!

6. I was searching google play for a hockey related "game"

I like them(our chances). Oh, wait. We have already crushed them and are into the finals. 

Well its obviously SSK now but the Reapers played well this season. 

Not super into it, but do have a bracket going. Obviously I chose the Peacocks to go all the way. 

Sometimes I don't feel particularly lucky but I'm alive and safe in a relatively peaceful country. 

Bulls Hit, Bulls Hit, Bulls Hit. 

I'm a migrant from a now defunct multisport sim league called the SSN. 

gfyt8tQ.png

Week ending on March 27th

1. With the season drawing to an end, are you happy with how your player performed individually?

2. Are you happy with how the team performed as a whole?

3. Heading into the off-season, what are your plans for your player?

4. Do you anticipate to be in the VHLM, VHLE, or VHL in the S83 season?

5. What is your favorite thing to do in the summer? It is approaching quickly for us North Americans, but it's summer somewhere right?

6. Which member has been the most helpful for you in your VHL experience?

1. With the season drawing to an end, are you happy with how your player performed individually?

Yeah I am happy with how Sundin panned out this season all things considered. But I wanna see him finish the deal in the finals tonight before being completely satisfied. 

As you may have seen in some of my prior media spots, I love our team. We are a well oiled machine! I truly think we are the best team in the league bar none.

Time to get ready for the draft. I will be doing pre-draft interviews and starting to plan out the next stage of my career. But if we seal the deal and win the Founder's Cup, there will be some hardcore partying happening for about the next week straight!

I will 100 percent be playing in the VHL next season. I will be at the TPE threshold where I will literally be ineligible for the E.

5. What is your favorite thing to do in the summer? It is approaching quickly for us North Americans, but it's summer somewhere right?

Nothing special to be honest, just working. I know this is weird, but I am not a huge summer guy. I like it when it's a little warm, but I hate when it's grossly hot outside. I'll take the cold Canadian winter over sweating my bag off all summer lol.

There are a handful, but Dooms and Ferk helped me a lot when I first broke into the league, Cow helped me on the team management side of things... there's lots of helpful people in the community thankfully.

19 minutes ago, Arce said:

gfyt8tQ.png

1. I could care less how well I’ve done. What really matters is how we do in the playoffs. And right now I’m very happy.

2. 100% the team has stepped up every time we needed too.

3. Oh not a clue. I really can’t give an answer for that.

4. Oh I’ll more than likely be in the E

5. park somewhere nice and enjoy the weather.

6. I haven’t asked for a lot help recently. When I first started ages ago there were a lot of people helping me out and I’m really grateful for that

1. I’m happy about the playoffs but regular season needs work

2. yes we played amazing and we showed it in the playoffs

3. I’m going to upgrade scoring and pink handling.

4. VHLE for sure I’m not even close to VHL.

5. Yes it is summer somewhere and I’m going to just relax and vibe with friends.

6. For sure Ivan on our team him and I have been linemates and we love chatting around with each other.

3 hours ago, Arce said:

gfyt8tQ.png

1. Absolutely! I'm very happy I got to 100 this year.

2. Again, totally! So close to a Founder's Cup which is all I could ask for, I mean there's not much more you can do.

3. Hopefully get more active, it's been tough recently, but I'm hoping I can come back strong.

4. VHLE

5. Hmm, either play baseball or swim. Or just roller hockey haha.

6. So many have helped me out, but probably Spartan or der meister. Great dudes

On 3/22/2022 at 12:34 PM, Arce said:

gfyt8tQ.png

1. I am very happy with how Retoslav performed this season, put up a very high amount of points considering he was on the second line for the second half of the season.

2. I am very happy with how we performed, sadly we didn't get the chip but we did very well as a whole.

3. Figuring out the new attributes in order to reach my hybrid build.

4. I am going off to the E for S83.

5. S P O R T S

6. Shindigs for sure, we also chat pretty much daily and he was the one who taught me what TPE tasks were and how to do them. Spartan was there but I don't think he likes me very much. I may have told him that he is planning to die at 50.

On 3/22/2022 at 9:34 AM, Arce said:

gfyt8tQ.png

1. Yes and no. Too much penalties not enough hitting and shot blocking

2. Yes until game 7

3. World Cup and then get drafted into the VHL

4. VHL, I'm ready

5. I don't really do much over the summer

6. Spartan was the one who helped me start, Bird helped me a lot in VHL.

gfyt8tQ.png

Im very happy with how my player preformed He ended up 2nd for rookies in the VHL this season!

I'm very happy with how this team preformed, unfortunately we didn't get a cup but I think with the new Gm this team has a great shot

Im going to keep getting TPE and get ready for next season!

I will be in my 2nd season in the VHL!

I love fishing! I haven't been able to go saltwater fishing the last couple years but I still get out freshwater fishing!

@youloser1337and @a_Ferk for the most part. but lots of others along the way :)

gfyt8tQ.png

1. My guy barely did anything, but I had a very small amount flashes to the future.
2. I wish we won the title, but making it to the finals is very impressive.

3. To improve on my puck handling and strength.

4. The VHLM. Gotta show the scouts what I can do before the draft. 
5. I would have to say swimming.

6. I would say River as he was my gm when I finally had a player make the VHL.

gfyt8tQ.png

Week ending on April 3rd.

1. With the drafts coming up do you have a specific team you want to play in any of the leagues?

2. What is one thing your player strives on?

3. Who did you have the best chemistry with this season?

4. What is one thing your player struggles with?

5. What is your Favourite Hobby?

6. Which VHL, VHLE or VHLM team has the best logo?

With my final HOU Press Conference, I bid farewell to a team that I will remember fondly.

1. With the drafts coming up do you have a specific team you want to play in any of the leagues?

No, I prefer to let GM's know where I don't want to play, and tbh that should be perfectly clear by now.

Drama. Unless I'm stirring up dissention or general mayhem, I'm not VHL'ing correctly.

Airrig and I formed a nice duo and I'll always have my memories of Scotty Sundin, gliding around the ice like an Olympic skater.

The disappointment factor when he doesn't(in my opinion) play to his ability.

Having fake sports stars in multiple North American sim leagues. I'm a bit of a loser.

I always preferred the old Americans logo, but I will defer comment on the current crop, until after the draft. 

americut-zpsf9e6f066.png

Despite taking the hard L in the finals, it was a fun year @BOOM. Best of luck in the draft my dude!

There's a couple places I'm hoping I wouldn't end up, but for the most I am pretty open. Oh but not in the E, absolutely fucking not there.

Comradery. I wanna gel with my teammates and let them know I got their back and they should have mine. I really am all about soaking up the team atmosphere and winning as a team or losing as a team. It's about the friendships you make along the way, yknow? Sure I wanna get good results, don't get me wrong... but Id rather be a mediocre team that has a LR that is poppin then a powerhouse team with nobody saying fuck all. 

Naturally Boomer and I have always gotten along great. I was AGM in NYA for a season with Rhynex, but it was fun being teammates and I loved his media spot work throughout the season. Eagle was fun bringing in at the TDL, fun guy to have in the locker room... always loved getting him wound up about me jinxing the club. It was a fun season.

Haha over-confidence? I mean hey if it's a crime to believe in your teammates, lock me up, guilty as charged!

Competitive speed-shitting. I've come a long ways and hit some personal bests this month. The key is a low-lactose diet!

I think Malmo is pretty fire, them or DC for the best. Never seen any of the E logos though so who really knows? I'm sure they are shit though.

• 3 weeks later...

gfyt8tQ.png

Week ending on April 17th.

1. What is one skill you want your player to be good at?

2. What are you doing to make sure you're ready for the season?

3. What player do you want to style your game after?

4. What do you drink during the game?

5. If you could change one thing about the VHL what would it be?

6. What is your go-to midnight snack?

8 minutes ago, Moon said:

gfyt8tQ.png

1. What is one skill you want your player to be good at?

I think puck control. While I think speed is important, I feel it doesnt do much good if I cant control the puck in the process. I hope to be able to improve both while I am here. But I want to be able to control the puck, no matter where I am on the ice.

2. What are you doing to make sure you're ready for the season?

Learning about the functioning of the league, I hate to have to ask questions, so the faster I learn the better I will be. Also, I am trying to figure out how to earn as many TPE as I can, without setting myself up with an expectation that I wont be able to meet. Slow and steady is better than flaming out like a roman candle.

3. What player do you want to style your game after?

I havent really watched hockey tbh, I am here for the sim league, lol. But I do know this guy, Gordie Howe! So yea, I would say him.

4. What do you drink during the game?

I am going to sound like such a boring dude, but due to health issues. I only drink water or Gatorade after about 10AM, so probably one of those.

5. If you could change one thing about the VHL what would it be?

I just got here yesterday, LOL. So I dont know enough to even tell you where I would look to find anything wrong. I look what I see so far

6. What is your go-to midnight snack?

Lets see, a peanut butter sandwich, or these little fruit cups, Lucky Leaf, kind of like pie filling. I have a HUGE sweet tooth so I love something that is sweet, but my dr doesnt! So we compromised on the Lucky Leaf cups.

5 hours ago, Moon said:

gfyt8tQ.png

1. What is one skill you want your player to be good at?  I like Poke Checking for defenseman makes them larger than they are by being able to disrupt pucks from a forward one on one or passes coming cross crease. 

2. What are you doing to make sure you're ready for the season?  Trying to learn about how to get more things done to increase TPE. 

3. What player do you want to style your game after? Scott Stevens was my favorite defenseman growing up loved the skill along with the physicality.  

4. What do you drink during the game?  Boring but water.  

5. If you could change one thing about the VHL what would it be?  Haven’t been here long enough to have an opinion on what works or doesn’t work so far.  

6. What is your go-to midnight snack?  Chips and Salsa or Chocolate Cake depends on mode.  

gfyt8tQ.png

Week ending on April 24th.

1. First couple games are done, did anything surprise you within those 2 games?

2. What do you do during intermission to keep yourself in the zone?

3. Did you play as expected during the first couple games?

4. What is your go-to intermission snack if any?

5. What is your favourite sport?

6. You go to a restaurant that you have never been to before, what is a meal you order if you are unsure about the other meals?

1. We didnt win!! I didnt expect us to have trouble scoring like we did. We seemed to be able to score during the pre-season so I didnt think we would be scoring so low. But it is still early, lots of hockey yet to play.

2. Put on my headphones and listen to AC/DC. Especially Thunderstruck, For Those About to Rock, Long Way to the Top...then throw in some Ozzy for extra motivation.

3. No. I wanted to get some assists. I want to set up our goalscorers, so I didnt do my job this time.

4. Gatorade and peanut butter sandwich, nothing too fancy for me.

5. That is tough, I like them all. But I never had the ability when I was younger to be good enough to play any in real life. I am a life-long football fan. But as I have gotten older, baseball, soccer, Nascar and F1 racing, hockey, lots of them, lol

6. Cheeseburger!!

2 hours ago, Moon said:

gfyt8tQ.png

Week ending on April 24th.

1. First couple games are done, did anything surprise you within those 2 games?

2. What do you do during intermission to keep yourself in the zone?

3. Did you play as expected during the first couple games?

4. What is your go-to intermission snack if any?

5. What is your favourite sport?

6. You go to a restaurant that you have never been to before, what is a meal you order if you are unsure about the other meals?

1.  0-1-1 not a horrible start the shutout in game one surprised me.

2. Quickly get into dry gear and listen to music zone out til time to walk down the tunnel to get back in the zone.

3. Loved the Assist on the first goal of the season for Houston but the -3 in game 2 hurt

4. Oranges like in Juniors

5. Sim Sports “Hello, my name is Doug, I am a Simaholic”

6. Red meat and potatoes can’t go wrong. 

• 2 weeks later...

gfyt8tQ.png

Week ending on May 1st.

1. With the addition of Odette Boudreaux, do you think the team will start to get into the winning groove?

2. We are 5-14-1 through the first 16 games, what are your hopes through the next 16 games?

3. What player on the team has surprised you so far?

4. What motivates you to get better?

5. What is the most exciting thing that has happened to you sports related?

6. What is your favourite desert?

8 minutes ago, Moon said:

gfyt8tQ.png

Week ending on May 1st.

1. With the addition of Odette Boudreaux, do you think the team will start to get into the winning groove?

2. We are 5-14-1 through the first 16 games, what are your hopes through the next 16 games?

3. What player on the team has surprised you so far?

4. What motivates you to get better?

5. What is the most exciting thing that has happened to you sports related?

6. What is your favourite desert?

1. 100% yes especially being a family member of Otis I expect big things in TPE weekly to get her quickly up to speed.

2. 7-6-3 I think a lot of our next 16 will be close and will take off towards end of 16.

3. Myself if that is allowed I have put nothing to very little into shooting but yet scoring a lot IMO for a Dman. 

4. Otis, trying to keep up with his growth 

5. Having a ref in adult league soccer ask me if I was going to try out for the new semi pro team that was being formed.  Just a huge compliment.

6. Mickey Head Icecream Bar while in the Happiest Place on Earth. 

1. Yes! I know she is busy moving her stuff from Ireland and getting settled in Houston (finishing up the school year and her teaching career) but she

will at least be doing her welfare and weekly practice. I think the proof was we were 2-0 the last sim, I dont think that has happened all season!

2. That we gel and show the league what we can do. It is great to see us able to win games. We have all of the pieces in place to really turn this around. Even with our struggles, we were able to score and I think we will still be able to do that. Now we have someone in net, I think things will only get better. Gutsy prediction: 8-6-2

3.To be honest, Doug. I mean, I dont watch much hockey, but I didnt expect to see a Defender being able to score with such ease. I guess that is not fair to the others on the team because I know Doug so I recognize his name.

4. Wow, can I give the cliche answer? I want to be the best teammate I can be. I have said I want to lead the league in assists, so that is my goal.

5.I have never been able play sports with any kind of success in real life. I am the kid who would strike out playing t-ball, or trip over the sideline in football. My sports career consisted of sitting the bench and cheering my teammates. So this is where sim leagues are a way for me to enjoy success that I could never even imagine happening. I guess I have to say they have all been there. I cant select one to be honest, I was selected 10th as a kicker in a live draft for a football league; I won Special Team Player of the Year in my 3rd season; I tied the season record for FG attempts and broke the record for FGs (I had one blocked); and I was awarded ownership of a hockey team in another league. So yea, I cant really pick one.

6. Yes! Dessert should be eaten first! I think. If I had to pick one, it would be carrot cake. But not just any carrot cake, the recipe my grandmother used. She never wrote any of her recipes down, but before she passed away, she told my Mom and my wife how she made the cake. So I get that on special occasions. I dont know if it is the cake, or the memories that are associated with it, but if I had to pick one, it would be that.

Spoiler

gfyt8tQ.png

Week ending on May 8th.

1. Did you (Your player) play any other sports?

2. What is your favourite part about hockey?

3. Favourite thing to do on off days?

4. Do you (your player) have any hidden talents?

5.  Favourite brand of water

6. Favourite brand of vehicle and dream vehicle if you have one?