Cologne Express Press Conference

Advantage

Welcome to the Cologne Express Press Conference. For members of the Express, you can use questions posted in here in any given week to help meet your Press Conference Quotas.  For non-Express, you can use this thread to ask the Express GM (me!) any questions you have about the team.

Week Ending September 26

Answer the following questions for 2 Capped TPE

1. You get to represent the first iteration of the VHLE's Cologne Express.  How does it feel to be on the Inaugural team?

2. Given all the tremendous leadership throughout the locker room, who do you think should be Team Captain?

3. The Cologne Express have a lot of history in the league, as a former participant in the VHL, do you think that kind of history puts a little bit more pressure on you to perform?

4. Of any player selected in the VHLE Draft, who would you like to steal for the Cologne Express and why?

5. Who will be the biggest steal of the VHLE Inaugural Draft?

6. Who will be the biggest bust of the VHLE Inaugural Draft?

@Rocket @Battlepopcorn @GoldGear88 @Craig @Darth Kaprizov @124715 @Garrett @Minion @Thunfish @Azlan @PistolP @DeeGoat @Xalen11 @ColeMrtz @Jericho @Josh

1. You get to represent the first iteration of the VHLE's Cologne Express.  How does it feel to be on the Inaugural team? Makes me feel amazing thanks .

2. Given all the tremendous leadership throughout the locker room, who do you think should be Team Captain? I’m not sure still getting to know the guys .

3. The Cologne Express have a lot of history in the league, as a former participant in the VHL, do you think that kind of history puts a little bit more pressure on you to perform? It could but we will see .

4. Of any player selected in the VHLE Draft, who would you like to steal for the Cologne Express and why? Not sure actually 

5. Who will be the biggest steal of the VHLE Inaugural Draft? I’ll keep an eye out get back to you .

6. Who will be the biggest bust of the VHLE Inaugural Draft? Yikes hmm 

4 hours ago, Advantage said:

Welcome to the Cologne Express Press Conference. For members of the Express, you can use questions posted in here in any given week to help meet your Press Conference Quotas.  For non-Express, you can use this thread to ask the Express GM (me!) any questions you have about the team.

Week Ending September 26

1. You get to represent the first iteration of the VHLE's Cologne Express.  How does it feel to be on the Inaugural team?

2. Given all the tremendous leadership throughout the locker room, who do you think should be Team Captain?

3. The Cologne Express have a lot of history in the league, as a former participant in the VHL, do you think that kind of history puts a little bit more pressure on you to perform?

4. Of any player selected in the VHLE Draft, who would you like to steal for the Cologne Express and why?

@Rocket @Battlepopcorn @GoldGear88 @Craig @Darth Kaprizov @124715 @Garrett @Minion @Thunfish @Azlan @PistolP @DeeGoat @Xalen11 @ColeMrtz @Jericho @Josh

1: It feels amazing, I am really excited to be a part of the Cologne Express and to help the team be as good as possible.

2: I'm not sure, I think someone with a bit of experience so none of the new players.

3: Well yes it puts more pressure on but that is not a bad thing. That pressure will most likely drive the players to perform their absolute best.

4: I don't know, I have not been following the draft as close as I wanted.

5: No idea, someone who is willing to put in the work.

6: Don't know this either, but I think someone who went high in the draft and is not willing to put in the time and effort needed to succeed.

-The team is great, the locker room is cool, the jersey's are sweet, love it, couldn't be happier. 

2. Given all the tremendous leadership throughout the locker room, who do you think should be Team Captain?

-Whoever management deems as worthy!

-I like the pressure to preform.  brings out the best in most players

-I really like our squad, on paper we have a real chance to compete for a chip this season, but we need to put the work in on the ice to make it happen.  I know trades are part of the game so if we bring someone else in, they need to be a good addition and active in our locker room.

-I think grabbing Duncan Montana as free agent pick up immediately after the draft was stellar.  He lead the VHLM in points for S79.  Also, Mikey Markov in the 14th round is crazy too. 

- Prob me... STHS has a thing, well....

LFG COLOGNE!!!!!!!

300812370_DK15.thumb.JPG.8d924ff8177a0c7719aa3e135a9014ef.JPG

14 hours ago, Advantage said:

Week Ending September 26

1. It's pretty great to be the first of many to come. 

2. Rocket probably, he is a S73 with the most experience and skill on our team.

3. Not really. Just because the Oilers had cups with Gretzky doesn't mean they have to win every year.

4. Saku Kotkakoivu - played with me in Mexico last season and he did well.

5. Probably Xavier Booberry at #23.

6. AJ Williams, went fourth overall and isn't even playing in the VHLE this year.

It's a chance to make history, it's hard not to be excited at that prospect.

2. Given all the tremendous leadership throughout the locker room, who do you think should be Team Captain?

I want to lean towards Darth Kaprizov or Josh, but it's hard to pin down one guy in there.

Having joined the league post-Cologne (hehe), I don't have much of a connection to the franchise's history. I think bringing an old face into an entirely new league is good for the game, but at the end of the day it's just that, an entirely new league. The history we make here will differ wildly from the Cologne of the VHL.

Genghis Khan, dude was a monster in the VHLM and has continued to be in the VHLE. Would love to pad my stats passing to him when he's automatic for one a night.

I'll say it again, Genghis Khan. Good for a goal a game and he was drafted 64th overall in the ELEVENTH ROUND? Highway robbery.

I'll bite that bullet for now, I should be performing to a much higher standard than I have been, and a league leading 36 PIMs has done nothing but hurt the team. I need to be much better to be worth my draft stock.

1.    How do you think the inaugural week for the VHLE has gone for Cologne?
2.    What were the key things you worked on in the offseason in preparation for the VHLE?
3.    How do you think the season will play out for Cologne?
4.    Who is your favorite player to sit by in the locker room?
5.    What do you think the team could do to improve on the solid start to the season?
6.    What’s one thing you could do to help the team?

- Opening week was a good start, we were in first place
2.    What were the key things you worked on in the offseason in preparation for the VHLE?

- Skating, edge work and sniping

- The season will be up and down.  each team in the new league is trying to find their legs and feel each other out. 

- Zelko, he's such a solid dude
5.    What do you think the team could do to improve on the solid start to the season?

- crank up the offense, we need more scoring from the top line as well as all of the lines.  

- keep being positive and helping the younger guys along!

520454520_DK13.JPG.2771b33b64672dd23bd43745e39cbee0.JPG

1. You get to represent the first iteration of the VHLE's Cologne Express.  How does it feel to be on the Inaugural team? Really amazing still glad be here thanks .

2. Given all the tremendous leadership throughout the locker room, who do you think should be Team Captain? Could be any of us we are all good leads in locker room and on the ice .

3. The Cologne Express have a lot of history in the league, as a former participant in the VHL, do you think that kind of history puts a little bit more pressure on you to perform? Yes and no but I try my best .

4. Of any player selected in the VHLE Draft, who would you like to steal for the Cologne Express and why? Not sure actually.

5. Who will be the biggest steal of the VHLE Inaugural Draft? No idea been busy .

6. Who will be the biggest bust of the VHLE Inaugural Draft? Hmm .

15 hours ago, Advantage said:

1: It has been ok, not much more than that. I think we could have done better but it is what it is. 

2: I worked on my defence and passing. This so I could be a very hard defender to meet as I would be able to defend better and then also make the plays my team needs. 

3: As it looks now I think we will finish in the middle of the standings. But there is a possibility of doing better.

4: I think Zeljko, he is a defenceman like myself.

5: We need to improve both the offence and defence. We don't score enough to win all the games so that probably is the biggest priority. 

6: Focus on my passing and scoring and keep the atmosphere positive. The last thing we need is negativity.

There's definitively some room for improvement.

Honestly, I've only improved what I already was working on back in the minors. I'll try to branch out on other stuff from now on.

Eh, mid-table? I dunno.

I was kinda away during the week to properly form an opinion... but I'm used to Kaprizov a wee bit.

We just need to keep working on our craft, that's all. We might not be leading the league but our efficiency is at like 50% or so.

...Not waiting to do things on Sunday, mostly because Rio weather seems to love some drama on the last day of the weekend.

On 9/29/2021 at 1:41 PM, Advantage said:

1. Pretty good. The standings are very close everyone is jumping around the standings.

2. My scoring and defence attributes.

3. I think we will have a deep run in the playoffs for sure.

4. My boys X Man and Pistol Pete.

5. Finish off the close goal games.

6. Put the puck in the net more.

1. Favourite candy?

2. Favourite post game meal?

3. Best thing to do in Cologne that isn't hockey?

4. Unsung hero of team?

5. Nathaniel Minion was named captain of the team.  What does he bring to the table that sets himself apart?

6.  Dream car that you'll buy when you get that VHL contract?

Edited by Advantage

2 minutes ago, Advantage said:

1. Favourite candy?

4. Unsung hero of team?

5. Nathaniel Minion was named captain of the team.  What does he bring to the table that sets himself apart?

1: I am from Sweden so it is chocolate or salty liquorish.

2: Lasagna, definitely.

3: I'm a party guy so go clubbing or something like that.

4: David Davies. He's done it good in goal.

5: He's a good leader and puts up a lot of points as well as goals. He has a lot of confidence and it spreads through the team.

6: I have always wanted a 1968 Mustang. So that's the one.

1. Favourite candy?

i'm not a big fan of candy, i do like Reeses PBC's though!  

i'm going Beer and Wings

pick up the ladies!

4. Unsung hero of team?

I'd say there are two, David Davis and the Defensemen. We've been in just about every game we've lost and thats a testament to those dudes.  We've had a hard time getting the offense to click consistently but we'll find our way eventually. 

he's been hot lately moving into the top 10 in scoring.  Congrats to him.

hmmmm..... i'm gonna buy a Ford Taurus i think.

224309743_DK16.thumb.JPG.e890cd9a4bd0e0fdc2606f778248e680.JPG

1. Favourite candy?

That one Tic Tac that just happens to taste like Coke.

Caesars Salad.

Get hammered.

4. Unsung hero of team?

The goalie, kind of a thankless job, y'know.

He knows some folks who play Quidditch.

I think I'd go for a Hyundai but I'm not sure which one.

1.  The Team has been winning a bit more lately, what do you attribute our recent success to?

2. The VHLE has been very parity filled.  Do you prefer lots of parity or like it when there are more dominant teams and clearly weaker ones?

3. Can play for anyone that isn't Cologne in the VHLE.  Who would it be?

4. Who is winning the Stanley Cup this season?

5. Favourite childhood toy to play with?

6. Anything I can do to improve your experience on the team?

1.  The Team has been winning a bit more lately, what do you attribute our recent success to?

Couple tweaks to the line ups is alwyas a benefit

2. The VHLE has been very parity filled.  Do you prefer lots of parity or like it when there are more dominant teams and clearly weaker ones?

I like the parity, i also like a good parody.  Both work well to me.

I'm gonna go with Stockholm cuz sweedish ladies are attractive

MN Wild

a machete 

all is well, thank you474755566_DK17.thumb.JPG.c85a96c85772f74bc036781e0c5b99ae.JPG

On 10/15/2021 at 8:34 AM, Advantage said:

1. My player has been putting up a lot more points recently, almost a point per game.

2. It has been exciting to see everyone able to compete, makes the league more fun for every team.

3. Stockholm Vikings. Swedish team and the team has good depth.

4. Colorado Avalanche.

5. I had a Hercules action figure I'd always play with.

6. You're doing a great job with everything.

Finally found that pair of rabbit feet I had for Anaheim.

Parity makes for a better show, I think. Means you can watch a game featuring any team and get just about the same level of quality. Of course, if we're talking parity, we're aiming for high-level parity, y'know, everyone being tied in good talent, not say, bad.

I mean... this was going to be Paris but people relocated it so... I guess Vasteras or Stockholm, just so they're not too far from Schubbekuteveen.

Not the Leafs. *waggle eyebrows*

Oh, man... I had a table footy set back in the day that went through some fun adventures. Unfortunately, my mom threw it all on the trash, breaking most of the pieces in the process. Mom and I didn't really have the greatest of relationships.

I think everything's fine, man.

1. Today I created a new player in the VHL.  Any plans for your next VHL player name?

2. What is the one thing you would change about the VHL if you could?

3. Any aspirations to ever become a GM or hold any other major position?

4. Anime Protagonist has dominated many of the 14 games he has played this season.  How big has he been in his backup role for the team?

5. What is the next area you want to improve on with your player?

6. Can Cologne hang with the big dogs come playoff time?

1. Today I created a new player in the VHL.  Any plans for your next VHL player name?

- No not at this time.  

- a simulator that takes into account the activity of players as well right sizing statistics to reflect TPA

I don't think so at this time.  I GM'd  a  WJC it was fun but for anything more than a short period of time, i'd say no dice.  

4. Anime Protagonist has dominated many of the 14 games he has played this season.  How big has he been in his backup role for the team?

I'm not surprised at all, it's a team game and everyone needs to contribute

after vhle, my plan is to apply my banked to SC and DEF to get them up from 92 to 95 then whatever is left add into passing and or puck handling 

224309743_DK16.thumb.JPG.e890cd9a4bd0e0fdc2606f778248e680.JPG

14 hours ago, Advantage said:

1. If I make another one it will just be Rhys Trenton Jr. Carry on the legacy.

2. I am not too familiar with the VHL, so would not change anything.

3. Not really. I'm having fun just with my player.

4. Having a winning record as a backup is a huge morale boost to the team and gives us trust in him.

5. Scoring. Want my scoring and defence to 95.

6. Yes of course. The league is still in a close battle all around.

That's a good question, actually. I'm not sure about recreating yet but if I do show up for another player, I'm thinking it'd be funny to extend the McCloud lineage from the SHL.

FHM over STHS. It's just a personal preference, that's all.

Nah, not my kind of ride.

Well, if he keeps at it, he might consider specializing in harem...

Eh, just about everything, I think.

Eh, we have a shot like everyone else, right?

A little bit of a late PC.

1. I recently stepped down.  What does the next GM need to bring to the table for Cologne?

2. Any reflections on the tough season we had where we missed the playoffs by one point?

3. You can pick one pet to own in the world.  Name it.  Don't be boring.

4. What are you planning to do this offseason?  Any golfing?

5. Who will win the VHLE Title this season?

6. What could I have done better for you as a GM?