Cologne Express Press Conference

Advantage

:col: Express Press Conference :col:

Answering three questions gets you 1 Capped TPE

Answering six questions gets you 2 Capped TPE

1. The trade deadline is looming, are you expecting to see teams making moves?

2. Last twenty games of the regular season. How important is getting that 1st place?

3. Which team has been the biggest surprise to you?

4. What teammate do you reckon has been playing to the best of their abilities?

5. And to lighten the mood... what are you doing at this year's carnival?

6. What is the craziest fashion trend you have ever tried?

Player ping

1. The trade deadline is looming, are you expecting to see teams making moves?

There's not an obvious selling or buying market, so I imagine it will be quiet. I can see Geneva maybe picking up another defenceman, or Cologne trading my garbage player away.

2. Last twenty games of the regular season. How important is getting that 1st place?

Not very important. Vaguely recalling regular season success, I'd rather face off against Stockholm in playoffs, but I'm confident in finishing Top 2 and defeating any team that isn't Top 2.

3. Which team has been the biggest surprise to you?

Probably both Bratislava and Istanbul. The former I expected to be as bad or worse than Rome, but they can win now and then. Istanbul meanwhile I expected to be better, they have a solid team, but it hasn't come together for them.

4. What teammate do you reckon has been playing to the best of their abilities?

I think Lorenzo Cobberson @Hendrix Cobberson has been doing amazing. He isn't as experienced as brother David, but has been keeping up and having a phenomenal year on his own terms.

5. And to lighten the mood... what are you doing at this year's carnival?

Maybe having a few signature/specialty beverages, watch some live music and dancing, and find a nice Brazilian booty to watch shake around 😛

6. What is the craziest fashion trend you have ever tried?

IRL, nothing that crazy. I jumped on the bleach trend in the '90s, but my mother wouldn't let me go full-out frosted tips by any means. I like to imagine Bjorkabjorn still wears Ugg boots though.

• 2 weeks later...

1. The trade deadline came and went... and nothing really happened. How refreshing is that?

2. The regular season has finished and we secured the King's Cup for the second season in a row. Does that mean anything?

3. Looking back at your 72 regular season games, how would you rate your season?

4. What are you expecting from the playoffs?

5. Vasteras will face Geneva in the Wildcard. Who wins that matchup?

6. How are you going to enjoy this short break before we enter playoff ice?

Player ping

:col: Express Press Conference :col:

1. The trade deadline came and went... and nothing really happened. How refreshing is that?

I don't find it refreshing! I like when there's excitement and activity around the trade deadline, but unfortunately most teams seem to have their shit figured out in the off-season.

2. The regular season has finished and we secured the King's Cup for the second season in a row. Does that mean anything?

Somewhat! It's indicative of a strongly built, long-term good franchise. Though obviously it's the Ren Cup that we really want!

3. Looking back at your 72 regular season games, how would you rate your season?

Somewhere between "poor" and "mediocre."

4. What are you expecting from the playoffs?

I expect we'll STOMP whoever we face from the wild card round. I'll be sad if the series reaches six games. After that, if we face Stockholm, I'm predicting a Cup win in 6 games. If we face OSLO, then I'm not so sure. Probably a Cup win in 7 games :].

5. Vasteras will face Geneva in the Wildcard. Who wins that matchup?

Geneva SHOULD and probably will. Although it would be fun if we could beat Vasteras instead. #FuckVasteras

6. How are you going to enjoy this short break before we enter playoff ice?

BjorkaBjorn will probably try to find a nice German bathhouse to unwind in for a few days, eat spaghetti, and get himself in tip-top shape for the playoffs.

1. The Vasteras v Geneva ended rather quickly. Were you expecting that outcome?

2. Game 1 is in the books. A hard-fought 3-2 victory, what are you expecting from this series against Geneva?

3. What's the key to winning the Renaissance Cup?

4. If you were betting, who would you say will be crowned the VHL champion?

5. If you were betting, who would you say will be crowned the VHLM champion?

6. Many GM positions are opening in the VHL world. Will you apply to any of them?

Player ping

1. The Vasteras v Geneva ended rather quickly. Were you expecting that outcome?

In all honesty, I've been rather focused on the VHL games so far. I really should pay more attention.

2. Game 1 is in the books. A hard-fought 3-2 victory, what are you expecting from this series against Geneva?

Of course I think that Cologne will steamroll over Geneva and eventually be named the Champions.

Eventually outscoring the opposition. Ha. No...consistent play from all lines and the Goalie to repel everything thrown at him(or her).

Moscow. It's time, surely?

I have strong ties to the Houston Bulls, so I'm going with them!

6. Many GM positions are opening in the VHL world. Will you apply to any of them?

Ah no. I was told long ago that I'd never suit a role here in the VHL, either mod or GM.

1. The Vasteras v Geneva ended rather quickly. Were you expecting that outcome?

Somewhat, yes. I hoped Vasteras would put up more of a fight, but naturally they did not.

I expect that we will defeat them in five games. We'll win the first three, lose one, then finish them off in Game 5. 😛

We'll have to stay out of the penalty box and make the most of our opportunities to win. Losing close games will be devastating at this point.

I think this will finally be the season the Wranglers are back on top!

Mexico City have been the favourites all season, no reason to think they'll lose now!

No, I think my time as General Manager of any league is past.

1. We brought the title back to Cologne after many, many years... how good is that?

2. Do you believe we can fight for the cup again, next season?

3. How would you rate your season?

4. What are your plans for this off-season?

5. What would your preferred holiday destination be?

6. What is the weirdest food combination that you ever tried?

Player ping

4 hours ago, leandrofg said:

1. We brought the title back to Cologne after many, many years... how good is that?

It was a fun ride, I really enjoyed being you AGM and finally getting that cup after the sad ending in 85 and 86 is a satisfaction

surely I believe we ( mostly you ngl) managed to get some nice assets in draft, FA and even trades. For the few question marks/needs there's plan so surely we will be up there yet again

Well I expected better but not by a lot I wanted 20 goals/ 40 points I got 14 goals 30 points so still a good point for a 400 tpe rookie that I was for most of the season. Ended all with a cup so i'll give it a B

Preparing the draft sheet and hopefully gm in Pro-Am

there's a lot of places I'd want to go to since I adore exploring but I'll say England because they have a lot of tourist spot and sport stadiums to watch games

Cucumber and Ketchup is underrated imo. A lot of people have also told me Bacon-chocolate sauce is weird but I don't think it is. Not mine but I once saw my cousin put her big mac in her strawberry milkshake 

19 hours ago, leandrofg said:

Player ping

1. I can't believe I'm back to back champion in the VHLM and now the VHLE. This feels amazing. I feel like I've already done so much!
2. I believe in the Express every season!
3. 10/10 every time I help a team win a championship trophy!
4. Earn more TPE!
5. Anywhere with a beach, to be honest. It's been way too long.
6. I think I've tried like fruit cup peaches and pizza like in a very close time frame while eating school lunch. Like not directly on it but both were in my mouth at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

EXPRESS PRESS CONFERENCE 

1- what are your objectives in S88?

2-whats your favorite vacation you’ve ever had ?

3- what’s your favorite sport entertainment moment ? 

4- What is the biggest accomplishment you’ve achieved?

5-If you could live In any city in the world where would you live ?

6-What are your expectations for Cologne this season ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2023 at 4:00 PM, vincentlg2007 said:

EXPRESS PRESS CONFERENCE 

6-What are your expectations for Cologne this season ?

@Zylen_a.k.a_ぞソしeれ, @73MPL4R, @Xdjk93, @Lucas anton, @TacocaT9, @CODENAMEJIMMY, @Emperor_Fun, @Hendrix Cobberson.

Let's get better this week, eh? 😏

On 4/3/2023 at 9:00 AM, vincentlg2007 said:

EXPRESS PRESS CONFERENCE 

• My objective this season is to prove to my team and to other teams (especially teams I can be drafted by) that I can compete and I belong here. I came into this league a little late but so far I believe I am doing quite well. I just want to prove to my teammates, other VHLM teams and VHL teams I can play for their team and fit in well. 

• My favorite vacation was Mexico, my family and I go there every 3 years. We go with our grandparents and our cousins during Christmas. The warm weather is only a small fraction as to way it is my favorite vacation spot. We get to go zip lining, ATV riding, meet all of the stray dogs on the street and Mexican food is by far my favorite type of food. The culture and the enthusiasm they have during Christmas time is crazy and I love it. All the festivities and parties are always so fun and so well thought out. 

• I don't know if there really is one, one of my favorites is playoffs, even though that may be a little boring. I love the 3-0 comebacks from teams and just watching the terror of the team up 3-0 all of a sudden be 3-3. Especially going to playoffs games in cities with such devoted fans. The atmosphere is insane and seeing everyone come together to root for their cities team is great to watch and see.

• Biggest accomplishment for me so far would probably be making my prep team at my school and being named a captain of my team. I've always enjoyed being able to lead my team and be that player someone looked up to especially being the smaller more underrated guys. Now I would also say being noticed by all these Junior A teams and getting the chance to prove I can play at the next level and getting the recognition I deserve. 

• This is a hard one. I've always wanted to GO to Australia, I can't even give a really good reason why except the weather and I just love their accents haha. I HATE spiders and large insects so maybe it wouldn't be the best for me. Calgary I used to live in before my family moved, I guess that is somewhere I would love to go back to in the future to live. I haven't really thought it through very much.

6-What are your expectations for Marlins this season ?

• As I stated before, I joined the team a little late only a few days ago. But as far as I know right now, I'm expecting GREAT things with this team. The locker room is always very positive and we are always joking around and everyone has been very helpful so far. Our team is also looking quite good too. We're top 5 in the division and I only see us going up from here! Can't wait to see where this season takes me and the team!

1. We're a third into the season but still trying to spark our season. What's it going to take for us to start rolling?

2. Our AGM just got poached by the VHLM Commissioners. He's taking over Mississauga, how good will he be?

3. How do you feel about your player's season so far?

4. Who do you think has been our best player so far?

5. What's your prediction to win the Stanley Cup?

6. Toilet paper, over or under?

Player ping

1. I think we need to continue to play physical and aggressive against teams

2. he might be good depends on what is available for him and the future decision they make

3. I feel as I been a liability offensively but he brings a very physical play to the team.

4. I think lion has been our mvp with a save Percentage of 0.93 with giving us a pretty good chance to win ever game we play

5. I want the leafs to win snd I think they have a good chance

6. it goes over 

10 minutes ago, Lucas anton said:

1. I think we need to continue to play physical and aggressive against teams

2. he might be good depends on what is available for him and the future decision they make

3. I feel as I been a liability offensively but he brings a very physical play to the team.

4. I think lion has been our mvp with a save Percentage of 0.93 with giving us a pretty good chance to win ever game we play

5. I want the leafs to win snd I think they have a good chance

6. it goes over 

Oh captain, my captain! You have not been a liability, in any way.

Furthermore... I don't know which answer I love the most. Of course, the toilet paper goes over, but also... Leafs! ❤️

• 2 weeks later...

1. Halfway through, we're in 3rd place and climbing the rankings. Have we found our groove?

2. Theme Week! Are you planning on participating?

3. The trade deadline is approaching. Are you a fan of it?

4. Are you expecting any moves made by us?

5. We have hired a new AGM. How great are you expecting him to be?

6. What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever worn?

Player ping

1 minute ago, leandrofg said:

1. Halfway through, we're in 3rd place and climbing the rankings. Have we found our groove?

no we’re coming for 1st 🔥🔥

2. Theme Week! Are you planning on participating?

already participated! Not really pretty tho… I’m helping my friend with his tho 

3. The trade deadline is approaching. Are you a fan of it?

I usually love watching the nhl trade deadline I have my headphones glued to me and my screen infront of me 24/7 when it happens 

4. Are you expecting any moves made by us?

I don’t expect cologne to make any moves but it would be interesting to

see

what the management comes up with 

5. We have hired a new AGM. How great are you expecting him to be?

SJIN AGM HYPE. Expect great things from Him 

I won a candy thing to wash myself with in sec 2 for being the kid in the class who ate the most sugar….

the thing is I never eat In school

lmao and the first time I did was on Halloween and it ended like that Imao 

1. I would say yes we have been playing decently throughout our last couple of games 

2. I will probably participate but I will need to ask more about it

3. I do like it as it gives us a reminder that the playoffs is right around the corner and to get ready for that 

4. I’m expecting 1 move at least but if our gms feel confident on our team as it is then that’s they way it is 

5. I am expecting good input on draft picks and potential trades

6. I won a air blower at a hockey tournament

15 hours ago, leandrofg said:

1. Halfway through, we're in 3rd place and climbing the rankings. Have we found our groove? Yes. We're tied for 2nd now

2. Theme Week! Are you planning on participating? Not really

3. The trade deadline is approaching. Are you a fan of it? NHL yes, VHL not really

4. Are you expecting any moves made by us? I mean, I definitely could see us as buyers this deadline. That's if a move is made this deadline.

5. We have hired a new AGM. How great are you expecting him to be? I know Sjin from playing with him in San Diego. Can expect great things from him but I'll hold off negative comments for now.

Don't exactly remember a time I wore something embarrassing so I can't really answer this

Hide contents

Bottom text

1. We haven't reached the trade deadline and we've already seen a lot of moves made. Are you expecting any more?

2. The team made a couple of trades that brought well on both offense and defense. Which was your favorite?

3. How do you think the new players will fit in?

4. First games after the trades and the team got to 1st place in the VHLE for the first time this season. How good does that feel?

5. What's the level of success you think this group is capable of?

6. Which smells better, fresh-cut grass or bread baking in the oven?

Player ping

1. It’s possible that we could have more trades if our gm and agm feel the need but I think with the two players we got from trades we are in a even better position to win

2. I think they are both huge trades but the one for McFleury is a extremely important one as is helps on the defensive side and will help our goaltender

3. Both of them will be welcomed to the team and I say their playing style matches how we have played all season.

4. I mean it’s a great feeling to be in first place but we are focusing on getting to the playoffs and winning a championship so it’s a good feeling but not the main thing we are looking for.

5. I think is clear we are making a push for the championship and that is what I think we are capable of. 

6. I never did much baking compared to cutting grass so I would say freshly cut grass.

1. Playoffs clinched. How does that feel?

2. With 6 games remaining, we have a 6-point lead over second place. Will we be able to win the King's Cup for the third straight season?

3. How do you feel about your player's regular season?

4. Cologne, Geneva, and Oslo have already clinched the playoffs. Rome, Stockholm, and Istanbul are fighting for the two remaining spots. How do you think takes them?

5. Who's your early pick to win the VHL's Continental Cup?

6. Can you eat ice cream using your bare hands?

Player ping

1. If feels really good knowing that we have clinched a chance to win another championship here

2. I think we have a really good chance at doing it but again winning regular season best team is nice but winning a championship is better

3. I feel that offensively again I have struggled a bit but that isn’t what my game is, my game is most about I’m here to forecheck and lay the body

4. I think who ever puts more effort and gets the lucky bounces will win but we can’t worry who will make it, we just need to put our heads down and play who ever comes put on top and makes the playoffs 

5. Id say probably Seattle or Prague 

6. yes you can