Bratislava Watchmen Press Conference

FrostBeard

On 7/12/2022 at 6:44 AM, leandrofg said:

:brt: Watchmen Press Conference :brt:

(Week Ending July 17th)

Answering 3 questions gets you 1 Capped TPE

Answering 6 questions gets you 2 Capped TPE

1. We're a third of the season in. We're now going full tilt and have reached the top positions in the standings. What's the secret to this team?
  2. What's your go-to mid-game snack?
  3. Who do you think will be fighting for the cup in the VHLE?
  4. Last week, the weather was all over the place in Portugal, but now it has found consistency... at 40ºC. How can I keep my cool while working?
  5. @Greg_Di has gone around Bratislava and got to know parts of town, but he was alone. Will you accompany him next time?
  6. From the places he visited (check here), where would you like to have gone?

1. Idk, but it's working so that's coo

2. Sour Patch Kids

3. Us and Istanbul

4. Crank the A/C up

5. If he wants to check out some golf courses I'm down

6. probably the Eurovea waterfront to check out some shops and restaurants.

1. We're a third of the season in. We're now going full tilt and have reached the top positions in the standings. What's the secret to this team? We just have the best players in the league ;)
  2. What's your go-to mid-game snack? Fruit! Cherries, Pineapple, Apples, Grapes etc.!
  3. Who do you think will be fighting for the cup in the VHLE?  Obviously us! And maybe Istanbul.
  4. Last week, the weather was all over the place in Portugal, but now it has found consistency... at 40ºC. How can I keep my cool while working? Drink lots of ice water and stay hydrated. Also getting a fan will help.
  5. @Greg_Di has gone around Bratislava and got to know parts of town, but he was alone. Will you accompany him next time? Of course! I'd love to explore Bratislava :)
  6. From the places he visited (check here), where would you like to have gone? I would like to visit the Bratislava castle because he made it sound amazing, and I would love to experience that amazing view he talked about for myself!

(Week Ending July 24th)

1. VHL is about to have its birthday. How are you planning on celebrating?
  2. What would your choice be if you were in charge of picking a theme for "Theme Week"?
  3. Will you participate in "Theme Week"? If so, will you guide your teammates to do it too?
  4. What are your Summer plans?
  5. Who would you pick as the Most Outstanding Player of the team until now?
  6. What's your favorite quote?

17 hours ago, leandrofg said:

(Week Ending July 24th)

2. What would your choice be if you were in charge of picking a theme for "Theme Week"?
  3. Will you participate in "Theme Week"? If so, will you guide your teammates to do it too?

1. I'm gonna try and earn as much TPE as possible this week and then maybe do a shot for every like 3 TPE i earn. Seems like a fitting way to celebrate.

2. I would go for something like "A day in the life of..." so people could do a media spot from the perspective of their player going about their normal day.

3. I would highly encourage everyone to try and do theme week. I find it quite fun to do but also its a nice chunk of free TPE.

4. Lots of drinking and partying. I'm going into my last of university come September so its sorta my last chance to have some fun before the semester from hell.

5. I'd have to go with Harry Hagel. Over a point per game as a defensemen is just outrageous.

6. I can't remember who said it but it goes something like "Not believing in yourself is a slap in the face to those that do". I don't know but it makes me believe in myself so much.

23 hours ago, leandrofg said:

(Week Ending July 24th)

1) By being in the training rink. At this stage of my career we keep the partying to a minimum and training to a maximum.

2) That is a tough one but maybe a theme week based on the developmental leagues like the M and E. Would bring more awareness to them

3) I will be participating and I hope all my team-mates will as well. Its a great initiative to learn more about the league when everyone focuses on one theme

4) Train, Train and Train some more. This is the time where I have to impress the scouts in order to get drafted high in the draft

5) It's a toss up between Wallace, Monkey and Hagel. All are very deserving and I am not sure I can pick just one at this point in time. It will be an interesting race to see who can keep up with their pace.

6) "it is what it is"

(Week Ending July 31st)

1. The trade deadline has passed and we've decided not to move any pieces. Do you think that's the right call?
  2. We can clinch a playoff spot this week. Do you think we're going to?
  3. We're a couple of weeks from the playoffs. How excited are you?
  4. We have two players in the scoring top 3. Do you think we'll have a scoring leader by the end of the season?
  5. How good has Orion been in goal for us this season?
  6. Bratislava to Budapest is a two-hour drive. There's a Formula 1 race in Budapest this weekend. You in!?

1. The trade deadline has passed and we've decided not to move any pieces. Do you think that's the right call?

I think it was a good call, we have been playing well and this group should be given a chance to win the cup!

Definitely! We won't have an issue clinching this week if we continue to play to the best of our abilities.

I am looking forward to the playoffs. It's what we have been working for all season. I am excited to see how our team will do!

4. We have two players in the scoring top 3. Do you think we'll have a scoring leader by the end of the season?

Tough to say as lots of competition but I have faith in our players and team to help one of them win the scoring title!

The team has relied on Orion to win some games for us and he has taken up that challenge. Without him we wouldnt be where we are today.

6. Bratislava to Budapest is a two-hour drive. There's a Formula 1 race in Budapest this weekend. You in!?

While I would love to check out the race, my player is more focused on the upcoming playoffs and getting in tip-top shape.

1. Yes. I think we have the best chemistry and morale with the current team.

2. Obviously. I think we’re the best team in the league.

3. I am thrilled. I excited to go off and go for the cup again.

4. I 100% think we will have a scoring leader by the end of the season.

5. Well we are top 2 this season so I would say pretty good.

6. I am definitely in and excited to see who wins.

On 7/25/2022 at 8:41 AM, leandrofg said:

(Week Ending July 31st)

1. I think so, our team is playing well.

2. For sure, lets keep the wins coming.

3. We should make a deep playoff run so I'm pretty excited.

4. Fraser Wallace and Sock Monkey both have a good shot of being the points leader for the VHLE. Wallace has been scoring like crazy so I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up leading the VHLE in points.

5. He's been killing it. He definitely stole some wins for us this season.

6. I don't really care for racing of any kind 🤷‍♂️

:brt:Watchmen Press Conference :brt:

(Week Ending August 7th)

1. We're on the hunt for the number 1 spot in the VHLE. How eager are you to get it?
  2. Oslo has settled bottom of the league for the season. How can they turn things around?
  3. Bratislava won the cup last season and has been able to maintain competitive this season. Could you see it happening next season?
  4. Tyler Busser is about to hit the 100-point mark. How impressive has he been for Istanbul?
  5. The rules have changed. A 300 TPE player can now be called up to the VHL. Would you go for it, having the chance or would you rather have another season of progression in the VHLE?
  6. We've had a great influx of players in the VHL this past week. How great is that?

On 7/25/2022 at 3:41 PM, leandrofg said:

(Week Ending July 31st)

1. I think it was the right call, the team we have is good and definitely enough to do some damage in the playoffs.

2. Yeah I think we will, not a lot of teams they can stop is when we play our best.

3. I can't wait, it's my favourite part of the season.

4. Sadly not, I think Busser is just scoring too many points but still having 2 guys up there is a great achievement.

5. He's been outstanding, having such a great goalie makes the whole teams job easier.

6. Absolutly, love F1 and would really like to go to a GP

1. Extremely. I want it so badly. But I know we will get it.

2. They need better players. They need to make trades.

3. 100% our team is ever better then last season so I 100% see it happening.

4. He’s been out standing and it’s been exciting playing against him.

5. I think I would I like give it a shot at the big leagues.

6. That’s amazing. I’m hoping next season to be a standout talent if I get called up.

1. We're on the hunt for the number 1 spot in the VHLE. How eager are you to get it?

Very eager to achieve this. It will help us in the chase for the cup if we can finish #1 as that means we will face the bottom rung team.

1. Oslo has settled bottom of the league for the season. How can they turn things around?

It will take time to rebuild. They had a tough year with recruitment but I believe they will bounce back next season. Every team goes through a compete/rebuild cycle

1. Bratislava won the cup last season and has been able to maintain competitive this season. Could you see it happening next season?

I believe we have the right players and chemistry to make another great run. I think we can lift the cup for a 2nd year in a row as long as we play to our potential

1. Tyler Busser is about to hit the 100-point mark. How impressive has he been for Istanbul?

He has been very impressive. Great player and will be a big threat once he goes to the VHL. I wish him all the best and look forward to playing against him.

1. The rules have changed. A 300 TPE player can now be called up to the VHL. Would you go for it, having the chance or would you rather have another season of progression in the VHLE?

I think if the VHL team that drafted me, wanted me up with 300TPE then I would go for it. I already skipped a season in the M in order to compete in the E and wouldn't be against skipping the E next season in order to play in the big leagues. Even if it was 3rd line minutes.

1. We've had a great influx of players in the VHL this past week. How great is that?

That's great to see. Looks like the recruitment team is doing a great job. New blood is what keeps the league alive. Now we just have to work on retention of that new blood!

On 7/31/2022 at 2:29 PM, leandrofg said:

(Week Ending August 7th)

2. Oslo has settled bottom of the league for the season. How can they turn things around?
  3. Bratislava won the cup last season and has been able to maintain competitive this season. Could you see it happening next season?
  4. Tyler Busser is about to hit the 100-point mark. How impressive has he been for Istanbul?
  5. The rules have changed. A 300 TPE player can now be called up to the VHL. Would you go for it, having the chance or would you rather have another season of progression in the VHLE?
  6. We've had a great influx of players in the VHL this past week. How great is that?

1. I'm answering late so we didn't get it, but we had a good regular season.

2. They really just needed more defenseman. Hard to keep the puck out of the net when you only have one defenseman.

3. Anything can happen in the playoffs and we have a good team so I think we could win it.

4. He hit 100 points exactly and has been a huge part of their team. Gonna be tough to play against him in the playoffs.

5. I'm ready for the VHL, but if I was at 300 TPE I don't think I would wanna make the jump up.

6. Really great, the more players the better!

On 7/31/2022 at 9:29 PM, leandrofg said:

(Week Ending August 7th)

1. Unfortunately we weren't able to get that top spot but we had a great regular season and put in some great results. Still lots to be proud off.

2. I think they need a good draft and some top picks. Hopefully they could get some guys that will stick around for a few seasons.

3. I'm not sure if it will, lots of us have managed to hit the cap this season but who knows. Maybe frost can work some magic and build another contending team.

4. He's a top forward for sure and probably the reason they have done so well.

5. I would stay in the VHLE unless I was gonna get decent ice time in the VHL. No point in going up only to play 5 minutes a game.

6. It's great to see lots of new faces in the VHL. New faces bring new ideas and more opportunities to grow the league.

(Week Ending August 14th)

Answering three questions gets you 1 Capped TPE

Answering six questions gets you 2 Capped TPE

1. Our season ended on a hard-fought 4-2 series loss in the semifinals. How great of a series was it?
  2. Even with this loss, Bratislava showed amazing team play this season. How proud of this group are you?
  3. Who do you think will win the VHLE, the Iron Eagles or the Red Wolves?
  4. Any guess on who you think will win the VHL?
  5. What are you looking forward to doing in the offseason?
  6. Any last words for your Season 84 teammates?
Edited by leandrofg

1. Our season ended on a hard-fought 4-2 series loss in the semifinals. How great of a series was it?

It was definitely a fun and entertaining series. This should have been the finals match. Unfortunate the way it ended but I know Bratislava will bounce back next season!

1. Even with this loss, Bratislava showed amazing team play this season. How proud of this group are you?

Very proud of this group and I am happy I got to be a part of it. Great bunch of guys in the LR.

1. Who do you think will win the VHLE, the Iron Eagles or the Red Wolves?

Has to be the Red Wolves, they really played a solid series against us and have to be the favorites

1. Any guess on who you think will win the VHL?

I am hoping Moscow due to predictions. They also have a very solid team but you never know, anyone can win it!

1. What are you looking forward to doing in the offseason?

Training and preparing for the upcoming VHL draft. Excited to see where I will end up!

1. Any last words for your Season 84 teammates?

Keep your heads high, we all played well and this will be a great learning experience for everyone as their career progresses!

On 8/11/2022 at 12:50 PM, leandrofg said:

(Week Ending August 14th)

2. Even with this loss, Bratislava showed amazing team play this season. How proud of this group are you?
  3. Who do you think will win the VHLE, the Iron Eagles or the Red Wolves?
  4. Any guess on who you think will win the VHL?
  5. What are you looking forward to doing in the offseason?
  6. Any last words for your Season 84 teammates?

1. It was a very good series, both teams battle hard and unfortunately we lost it in the end.

2. I'm super proud of this group of players. We showed throughout the season that we could've went all the way but it wasn't to be.

3. I think the Red Wolves will win the cup but I think the series will be quite close.

4. MOSCOW! MOSCOW! MOSCOW!

5. My irl life has been quite hectic towards the end of the season so I'm hoping just to relax and work on earning some TPE.

6. It was an honour being the teams Captain for the year, I wish you all the best for the future and hopefully I'll get to play on the same team as you guys again.

(Week Ending August 21st)

1. This is shaping up to be a long offseason. How are you coping with it?
  2. The conference finals in the European Conference are still going. Game 7 tonight. Moscow or Warsaw?
  3. Are you looking forward to any of the offseason tournaments?
  4. Give a shout-out to one of your teammates. Who was our MVP?
  5. In honor of the World Cup of Hockey. Would you rather win the NHL on your favorite team or the World Cup with your country?
  6. Let's talk serious stuff. Where will Cristiano Ronaldo end up?

1. This is shaping up to be a long offseason. How are you coping with it?                                                                              It has actually been pretty relaxing, this long off season has given me time to say goodbye to Bratislava and pack all my stuff before I move to Warsaw for the vhl!                                                                                                                           
  2. The conference finals in the European Conference are still going. Game 7 tonight. Moscow or Warsaw?                          Warsaw all the way!!!                                                                                                                                                                 
  3. Are you looking forward to any of the offseason tournaments?                                                                                                              Not really, I don't usually pay much attention to offseason tournaments.                                                                               
  4. Give a shout-out to one of your teammates. Who was our MVP?                                                                                                          I think Fraser Wallace deserves the MVP.                                                                                                                              
  5. In honor of the World Cup of Hockey. Would you rather win the NHL on your favorite team or the World Cup with your country?                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Probably the world cup with my country.                                                                                                                                 
  6. Let's talk serious stuff. Where will Cristiano Ronaldo end up?                                                                                                              I don't follow soccer that closely so I have no clue.

On 8/17/2022 at 7:04 AM, leandrofg said:

2. The conference finals in the European Conference are still going. Game 7 tonight. Moscow or Warsaw?
  5. In honor of the World Cup of Hockey. Would you rather win the NHL on your favorite team or the World Cup with your country?

1. I haven't had as much time to do anything on here lately so I'm ok with it.

2. I missed it, but Warsaw won.

3. I haven't heard too much about any offseason tournaments.

4. I'd shout out Sock Monkey, had a good regular season and playoffs for us.

5. NHL

6. I don't watch Soccer so I have no idea.

Gonna do y'alls press conference (as a former Watchman)

1.  In the finals so I am coping well.  However, my least favorite part of VHL is offseason.  It takes forever!

2. Warsaw wins.   just saying!!

3\. The Pro-Am is fun but I feel that 10 TPE a week should be rewarded in off season with no requirements for media spot of articles.

4. I vote FrostBeard as MVP for everything

5. World Cup 

6. I can't watch soccer.  Way too boring IMO~.  but wherever he ends up he will make ridiculous money

Good luck next year Watchman!!!! 

On 8/17/2022 at 2:04 PM, leandrofg said:

1. Its weird not having any games on but I've got WJC and also the Pro-Am to look forward too.

2. Bit late on this one but congrats to Warsaw. It was a great series.

3. Yeah I am, quite looking forward to spending all the tpe I've got banked too.

4. Has to be Sock Monkey, I feel like we've formed a great partnership this season and put on a he'll of a show.

5. World Cup with Team GB would be once in a life time occasion so have to go with that.

6. I'm not sure but its defos not Man Utd. I think it'll be another premier league club that he'll go to.

(Week Ending August 28th)

1. Would you rather go to the beach, discover a new city, or chill in the countryside?
  2. What's the best food you've ever eaten outside of your hometown/home country?
  3. What super-touristy thing did you do that was surprisingly awesome?
  4. How do you feel about cruises?
  5. What is your most valuable travel possession?
  6. Describe your dream travel experience.