Bratislava Watchmen Press Conference

FrostBeard

1. Yesterday it was "Labor Day" in Portugal. How sucky are holidays on the weekend?

Well we usually get the next working day off because we are a lazy bunch, so I don't really mind. 

2. We're currently on a 4-game win streak. How long can we extend it?

Theoretically, the rest of the season, realistically, 5-10 games at best. The opposition is high quality. 

3. Hammar Voss is currently leading the team in goals. Are you looking for him when you have the puck so he can snipe it home?

Well that's me, so in all honesty, they are probably lucky deflections so I wouldn't read too much into the total! 

4. Does your player have a pre-game ritual? Or do you have or had one?

No I don't. I tend to be sceptical of those kinds of things. 

5. Our GM, Frosty, is very open with team management decisions. Do you like his approach?

Yes, it's refreshing to have a GM that likes to be so open and inclusive of his players. 

6. Would you play the NFL draft like Gutekunst if you were the Packers' GM? (Just reply "No.", please)

Because you asked so nicely, no I don't think I would follow the Gutekunst example. 

1. I would think that would be the best time cause usually everyone is free.

2. I think we can go to double digits.

3. Yes. I am usually the set up guys.

4. My pre-game ritual is I listen to the song “baby come back” by player.

5. I don’t mind it as long as we are winning games.

6. No.

1. Simply put, awful.

2. As long as we can of course.

3. Obviously, it ain't like Gus is gonna rifle too many in this season.

4. Personally, I just eat right, and listen to some pump up music, I like to keep it simple.

5. Yeah I think it helps to keep players in sync with what's going on. 

6. Coming from another packers fan, the only thing I would have done differently is pick someone other than Quay Walker 22nd, other than that it was a fine draft.

On 5/3/2022 at 8:33 PM, boatsinking123 said:

6. Coming from another packers fan, the only thing I would have done differently is pick someone other than Quay Walker 22nd, other than that it was a fine draft.

Why not trade that 22nd and a 2nd-rounder to move up in the 1st round? 🤔

On 5/2/2022 at 9:14 AM, leandrofg said:

:brt: Watchmen Press Conference :brt:

(Week Ending 08/05)

3 answers, 1 Capped TPE

6 answers, 2 Capped TPE

1. Yesterday it was "Labor Day" in Portugal. How sucky are holidays on the weekend?
  2. We're currently on a 4-game win streak. How long can we extend it?
  3. Hammar Voss is currently leading the team in goals. Are you looking for him when you have the puck so he can snipe it home?
  4. Does your player have a pre-game ritual? Or do you have or had one?
  5. Our GM, Frosty, is very open with team management decisions. Do you like his approach?
  6. Would you play the NFL draft like Gutekunst if you were the Packers' GM? (Just reply "No.", please)
  1. I mean, most holidays I don't get off, so none of them are really sucky for me.
  2. 15, duh.
  3. My eye is always on other players. Passing it to Voss to snipe it in is just golden.
  4. Napoleon likes to dance before every game.
  5. Of course! Every @FrostBeard does is amazing.
  6. No? Idk, I have no idea.

1 hour ago, leandrofg said:

Why not trade that 22nd and a 2nd-rounder to move up in the 1st round? 🤔

the closest receiver that we wouldve gotten wouldve been dotson or burkes (the dude the titans got) the second rounder doesnt have much value when trading up for firsts if we wanted a top tier wideout, we would have to give up 2 firsts. At the end of the day Watson WILL be a good receiver i can guarentee you that since its still Rodgers throwing him the ball. I just feel that neither of those guys are worth trading up for and Gudy made the right choice taking Watson who isnt going to be that much worse since hes going to such an ideal situation.

39 minutes ago, boatsinking123 said:

the closest receiver that we wouldve gotten wouldve been dotson or burkes (the dude the titans got) the second rounder doesnt have much value when trading up for firsts if we wanted a top tier wideout, we would have to give up 2 firsts. At the end of the day Watson WILL be a good receiver i can guarentee you that since its still Rodgers throwing him the ball. I just feel that neither of those guys are worth trading up for and Gudy made the right choice taking Watson who isnt going to be that much worse since hes going to such an ideal situation.

I don't know about that. If you look at the Lions trade for number 12... we could have done that, trading only one of the 2nd-round picks we traded to move up in the 2nd 🤔

I too liked the draft picks - but I just don't know if Watson has Number 1 receiver skills 🙃

(Week Ending 15/05)

3 answers, 1 Capped TPE

6 answers, 2 Capped TPE

1. This week hasn't been kind to us. Vasteras has extended their lead to 8 points, but we also have an 8-point lead in our conference. How are you feeling about the team?
  2. We've been a little inconsistent at this half-season mark. How can we find that early season consistency?
  3. Looking back at your player's first half of the season, how do you feel about it?
  4. And what are your expectations for the remainder of the season?
  5. What has been the biggest surprise of the NHL Playoffs for you?
  6. Our GM, Frosty, is about to go on a small voyage en Belgique. Have you ever been?

1. I am feeling good about our team and think we can take 1st place.

2. We need to just keep focusing and have a good chemistry team.

3. Not the best. On the second line and I don’t really have a lot of points but I’m hoping I turn it around.

4. To go off and win the playoffs.

5. Tampa struggling against the maple leafs.

6. No I have not.

On 5/9/2022 at 4:35 AM, leandrofg said:

(Week Ending 15/05)

3 answers, 1 Capped TPE

6 answers, 2 Capped TPE

1. This week hasn't been kind to us. Vasteras has extended their lead to 8 points, but we also have an 8-point lead in our conference. How are you feeling about the team?
  2. We've been a little inconsistent at this half-season mark. How can we find that early season consistency?
  3. Looking back at your player's first half of the season, how do you feel about it?
  6. Our GM, Frosty, is about to go on a small voyage en Belgique. Have you ever been?
  1. I'm feeling great about our team. Sometimes we hit hills, and that's okay!
  2. We just need to rally together. It's time to set aside differences, and focus on the goal. The cup.
  3. I feel like Dynamite has been getting and doing better and better!
  4. To just keep pressing forward and getting better.
  5. The Nashville Predators forgetting to show up to their games lol
  6. I have no idea what that is or what you mean, so no.

It's unfortunate, but STHS's RNG sucks and terrible teams like Vasteras somehow get lucky. We will be OK because we are real men who don't feel emotion.

2. We've been a little inconsistent at this half-season mark. How can we find that early season consistency?

Get better. There's no magic line changes to be made, we just need to suck less.

It's been mediocre and I'm quite angry with myself. Sixth round selections should be contributing more to the teams success.

To outplay what I did in the first half and lead the team to championship glory.

What is the NHL? I'm too busy cutting wood and adventuring to watch any televised sport.

No. I prefer my own company and the solitude of the snow capped mountains where I live. Except for Tintin, Belgium sucks.

(Week Ending 22/05)

3 answers, 1 Capped TPE

6 answers, 2 Capped TPE

1. It was another tough week for us, but we've still kept the 2nd. place in the standings. What does that show about our team?
  2. Today is the trade deadline. Do you expect any moves to be made today?
  3. As we enter the final 20 games of the regular season, what would you say has been the biggest surprise of the VHLE?
  4. What's your player personality in the locker room? A more vocal leader, or a silent wolf?
  5. In your opinion, what's the best hockey-related movie?
  6. If you ever end up having a biopic (about you)... who would play you?

1. I think it shows that we can be the underdog team in the tournament. I think we won’t look as good in the regular season but I’m the playoffs we will bust out and go all the way.

2. I do not think we will make any moves.

3. That we are in second place. I’m a rookie but seeing the team last season we really stepped up this season.

4. I want to be a leader but right now I’m a silent wolf.

5. Has to be miracle by far. 
6. I have no clue.

On 5/16/2022 at 6:04 AM, leandrofg said:

(Week Ending 22/05)

3 answers, 1 Capped TPE

6 answers, 2 Capped TPE

1. It was another tough week for us, but we've still kept the 2nd. place in the standings. What does that show about our team?
  2. Today is the trade deadline. Do you expect any moves to be made today?
  3. As we enter the final 20 games of the regular season, what would you say has been the biggest surprise of the VHLE?
  4. What's your player personality in the locker room? A more vocal leader, or a silent wolf?
  5. In your opinion, what's the best hockey-related movie?xx
  6. If you ever end up having a biopic (about you)... who would play you?
  1. That we are persistent and hard working.
  2. I know that we made some good moves on TDL. 
  3. There has been a lot of unpredictability this season due to the TPE adjustment. That's been surprising.
  4. A silent wolf, always plotting and preparing.
  5. Happy Gilmore lol
  6. Jon Heder

(Week Ending 22/05)

3 answers, 1 Capped TPE

6 answers, 2 Capped TPE

1. The team made some moves on the deadline and the record has improved. Are you confident about making the playoffs?
  2. Do you have any thoughts on the 20-game minimum limit the backup goaltender has to play during the VHLE's regular season?
  3. We're most definitely a team-first group and that's something we see stat-wise. But who would you say has played best this season?
  4. How many points are we going to get out of the remaining games and why is it 8?
  5. What's your favorite type of pizza? (I'm treating this as an experiment, if you don't answer with the original Neapolitan-style pizza, please tell me why!)
  6. What's your favorite (tv/streaming) show right now?

1. I am still confident on us making the playoffs yes. I think we will be the underdogs.

2. I think the backup should be able to play as much as he can.

3. I don’t really have a guy who I think is the best. I think we are just a team first group.

4. 8 cause we are the best.

5. Cheese and pepperoni.

6. Probably baby daddy. It’s a show on Hulu.

1.The team made some moves on the deadline and the record has improved. Are you confident about making the playoffs?

I think with the power of positive thinking, we can achieve anything!

2.Do you have any thoughts on the 20-game minimum limit the backup goaltender has to play during the VHLE's regular season?

Yes, and risking a CoC violation, it's stupid. I shall not explain any further as I don't want to risk a ban.

3.We're most definitely a team-first group and that's something we see stat-wise. But who would you say has played best this season?

Hammar Voss is the best Watchman player and it's not even close. He is also a humble guy with a team first attitude, but he's the bestest.

4.How many points are we going to get out of the remaining games and why is it 8?

It's eight because that's what my AGM has told me to write here, and he's a very scary dude if crossed.

5.What's your favorite type of pizza? (I'm treating this as an experiment, if you don't answer with the original Neapolitan-style pizza, please tell me why!)

My favorite pizza and yes I am defying your selection, is either a meatlovers or a simple cheese and pepperoni. Sometimes I add anchovies if feeling exotic!

6.What's your favorite (tv/streaming) show right now?

That's a hard question to answer right now. I don't stream anything tbh, and my TV time is limited if I'm not watching sports. 

Edited by fishy

1.The team made some moves on the deadline and the record has improved. Are you confident about making the playoffs?

I think with the power of positive thinking, we can achieve anything!

2.Do you have any thoughts on the 20-game minimum limit the backup goaltender has to play during the VHLE's regular season?

Yes, and risking a CoC violation, it's stupid. I shall not explain any further as I don't want to risk a ban.

3.We're most definitely a team-first group and that's something we see stat-wise. But who would you say has played best this season?

Hammar Voss is the best Watchman player and it's not even close. He is also a humble guy with a team first attitude, but he's the bestest.

4.How many points are we going to get out of the remaining games and why is it 8?

It's eight because that's what my AGM has told me to write here, and he's a very scary dude if crossed.

5.What's your favorite type of pizza? (I'm treating this as an experiment, if you don't answer with the original Neapolitan-style pizza, please tell me why!)

My favorite pizza and yes I am defying your selection, is either a meatlovers or a simple cheese and pepperoni. Sometimes I add anchovies if feeling exotic!

6.What's your favorite (tv/streaming) show right now?

That's a hard question to answer right now. I don't stream anything tbh, and my TV time is limited if I'm not watching sports. 

1. The team made some moves on the deadline and the record has improved. Are you confident about making the playoffs?

I already know me made the playoffs and I'm super happy!

2. Do you have any thoughts on the 20-game minimum limit the backup goaltender has to play during the VHLE's regular season?

I think that's pretty fair because I think everyone should get a chance to play, and you cant get better if you don't play.

3. We're most definitely a team-first group and that's something we see stat-wise. But who would you say has played best this season?

Alf Larsson is probably the best player on out team.

4. How many points are we going to get out of the remaining games and why is it 8?

We will get more then 8! But if we ONLY get 8 then its your fault;)

5. What's your favorite type of pizza? (I'm treating this as an experiment, if you don't answer with the original Neapolitan-style pizza, please tell me why!)

I have no clue what Neapolitan style pizza is lol But my favorite pizza is Hawaiian pizza🤤 (don't hate).

All I ever do is watch Netflix, and I finish shows within a week so I don't have a fave, but I'm looking for a new show right now to become it.

On 5/23/2022 at 5:28 AM, leandrofg said:

Watchmen Press Conference :brt:

(Week Ending 22/05)

3 answers, 1 Capped TPE

6 answers, 2 Capped TPE

1. Knowing that we are in the playoffs right now, I'm very confident.
  2. I don't mind it. It makes the strategizing more intense!
  3. I'd say Alf Larsson for sure!
  4. Look at that, you were correct! 
  5. I absolutely love chicken, bacon, ranch pizza! Now, if we aren't talking specialty pizza then my favorite IS the original Neapolitan-style pizza.
  6. I actually don't have one. My wife and I gave Netflix the axe and moved our TV into the basement. 

(Week Ending June 5th)

3 answers, 1 Capped TPE

6 answers, 2 Capped TPE

1. It's Playoff time and the beginning of a new week. How are you feeling?
  2. We have already played three games against Istanbul and it has been a great series. How are you feeling about it?
  3. On the other hand, the other series hasn't been close and Vasteras leads 3-0. Do you see Cologne making a comeback?
  4. Have you turned in your pick for the S83 Fredrik Elmebeck Memorial Trophy?
  5. What did you think about this season's Theme Week?
  6. The NBA Finals are set. Boston Celtics versus the Golden State Warriors. Who takes the trophy home?

3 hours ago, leandrofg said:
  • It's Playoff time and the beginning of a new week. How are you feeling?
  • We have already played three games against Istanbul and it has been a great series. How are you feeling about it?
  • On the other hand, the other series hasn't been close and Vasteras leads 3-0. Do you see Cologne making a comeback?
  • Have you turned in your pick for the S83 Fredrik Elmebeck Memorial Trophy?
  • What did you think about this season's Theme Week?
  • The NBA Finals are set. Boston Celtics versus the Golden State Warriors. Who takes the trophy home?
  1. A little nervous. We really need to step up our game these next few games.
  2. Like we need to push even harder. Play faster, smarter hockey.
  3. I really hope Cologne makes a comeback.
  4. I have, and I won't reveal my nomination yet.
  5. I thought it was great. It got a lot of flack at first, but that's because people would rather complain than compliment.
  6. I have no idea, I don't watch basketball. But, my high school band teacher is a Celtics fan, so I guess I'll root for them to take the trophy home.

1. It's Playoff time and the beginning of a new week. How are you feeling?

Nervous. I'm always the same when my team is in the playoffs, and I tend to throw up a lot before checking the results.

2. We have already played three games against Istanbul and it has been a great series. How are you feeling about it?

To be honest, worried. Those Turkish bastards currently lead the series and I'd much rather Bratislava win. Yuck, Istanbul stinks.

3. On the other hand, the other series hasn't been close and Vasteras leads 3-0. Do you see Cologne making a comeback?

Nope. Cologne need to take a bath in their namesake...they stink almost as much as Istanbul.

4. Have you turned in your pick for the S83 Fredrik Elmebeck Memorial Trophy?

No and I don't intend to. It's a political award that I don't believe in. I refuse to exercise my democratic right to vote.

5. What did you think about this season's Theme Week?

It was a desperate attempt for the Blue Team to have nice things written about them. Just sad really.

6. The NBA Finals are set. Boston Celtics versus the Golden State Warriors. Who takes the trophy home?

What is the NBA? The only acronym sports league that I follow is the LFL. Lingerie football is the best.