Bratislava Watchmen Press Conference

FrostBeard

21 hours ago, leandrofg said:

:brt: Watchmen Press Conference :brt:

(Week Ending June 5th)

3 answers, 1 Capped TPE

6 answers, 2 Capped TPE

1. It's Playoff time and the beginning of a new week. How are you feeling?
  2. We have already played three games against Istanbul and it has been a great series. How are you feeling about it?
  3. On the other hand, the other series hasn't been close and Vasteras leads 3-0. Do you see Cologne making a comeback?
  4. Have you turned in your pick for the S83 Fredrik Elmebeck Memorial Trophy?
  5. What did you think about this season's Theme Week?
  6. The NBA Finals are set. Boston Celtics versus the Golden State Warriors. Who takes the trophy home?

1. Feeling excited! I'm so glad we made it as far as we did!

2. I am a bit nervous but I'm proud of our team no matter what ♡

3. Not really, maybe Cologne will win 1 game if they're lucky, but that's it.

4. Nope, not sure who to pick.

5. Sadly I claimed welfare before I realized It was theme week:( First theme week I've ever missed since being in the vhl so I'm super sad.

6. I don't really know much about the NBA but GO CELTICS! lol

1. I still have confidence in us to come back and win this round!

2. I think we need better offense and defense. We need to push and keep pushing until we tire their team.

3. No. The Eagles are just better.

4. I have not and I have no clue who to pick.

5. I like it.

6. Boston!!

(Week Ending June 12th)

3 answers, 1 Capped TPE

6 answers, 2 Capped TPE

1. The series against Istanbul was a hard-fought one. We were down but showed the resilience to come back from the 3-1 deficit. How pleased were we with our performance?
  2. We're now playing the number 1 seed Iron Eagles, who have shown how great they are, not only in the regular season but also by sweeping Cologne in the first round. After being down 0-1, we're now leading 2-1 after two great games. Can we keep this going?
  3. If you were a betting house, what would be the probabilities for the winner of the Renaissance Cup?
  4. In the VHLM, San Diego, or Las Vegas. Who takes the Founders Cup?
  5. In the VHL, Seattle, or Moscow. Who takes the Continental Cup?
  6. Summer is coming. What's your favorite season of the year?

1. We started off bad then in the end we played amazing. We showed true team chemistry and showed that we are a team first group.

2. I think so. We got it morale together and our chemistry together.

3. I think we have a 100% chance.

4. Las Vegas.

5. Seattle.

6. My favorite has to be summer. Exercising out side and playing sports is the best.

(Week Ending June 19th)

3 answers, 1 Capped TPE

6 answers, 2 Capped TPE

1. VHLE Champions. How do you feel about it?
  2. The VHL went to game 7, what did you think of that matchup?
  3. We're now entering the off-season. How do you feel about your season?
  4. What are you expectations for the next season?
  5. The Stanley Cup Final is set. Who's taking it?
  6. It's hot as heck here in Portugal. Summer has truly arrived. What's your favorite Ice Cream flavour?

5 hours ago, leandrofg said:

(Week Ending June 19th)

3 answers, 1 Capped TPE

6 answers, 2 Capped TPE

1. VHLE Champions. How do you feel about it?
  2. The VHL went to game 7, what did you think of that matchup?
  3. We're now entering the off-season. How do you feel about your season?
  4. What are you expectations for the next season?
  5. The Stanley Cup Final is set. Who's taking it?
  6. It's hot as heck here in Portugal. Summer has truly arrived. What's your favorite Ice Cream flavour?
  1. Napoleon is living the dream right now. He can't stop smiling. But, now it's time to focus on the draft!
  2. I thought it was incredibly close, something I didn't really expect. I'd love to see future VHL Continental Cup finals look like that.
  3. I thought I did alright. Dynamite is an all-around okay player, not really excelling in one area over another.
  4. I'm hoping to get drafted early and I anticipate playing up in the VHL.
  5. I'm really hoping for the Colorado Avalanche to take it.
  6. I have two... either Mint Chocolate Chip or Salted Caramel!

• 2 weeks later...

:brt: Bratislava Watchmen :brt:
Press conference
S84 Offseason is here and we have a lot to talk about!
As per usual, 3 answers will give you 1 TPE and 6 answers will get you the Max 2 TPE you can get from PC every week! 

1. What are your expectations for Bratislava team going into S84?
2. GM John Frostbeard recently went on a Slovakian Late Night show and said that "We look the best on paper, best on ice, best on the beach and best with a glass of Viking brandy in our hands!" - do you stand by his statement or was it too cocky?
3. How do you feel about Bratislava Watchmen Free Agency acquisitions, do you think the team missed out on some important players? 
4. Recently, Bratislava Watchmen returning player Gus Bentley and the draftee Fraser Wallace were both seen partying with GM of Stockholm Vikings. Do you believe that is somewhat of a concern for the team?

5. As the Renaissance cup champions - how do you think team has to prepare for the next season - is there going to be extra pressure for us to prove anything?
6. How did your player spend the off-season, did it use any of the 15 coupon codes that the city of Bratislava offers all our players for use in the off time? 

1 minute ago, FrostBeard said:

:brt: Bratislava Watchmen :brt:
Press conference
S84 Offseason is here and we have a lot to talk about!
As per usual, 3 answers will give you 1 TPE and 6 answers will get you the Max 2 TPE you can get from PC every week! 

1. What are your expectations for Bratislava team going into S84?
2. GM John Frostbeard recently went on a Slovakian Late Night show and said that "We look the best on paper, best on ice, best on the beach and best with a glass of Viking brandy in our hands!" - do you stand by his statement or was it too cocky?
3. How do you feel about Bratislava Watchmen Free Agency acquisitions, do you think the team missed out on some important players? 
4. Recently, Bratislava Watchmen returning player Gus Bentley and the draftee Fraser Wallace were both seen partying with GM of Stockholm Vikings. Do you believe that is somewhat of a concern for the team?

5. As the Renaissance cup champions - how do you think team has to prepare for the next season - is there going to be extra pressure for us to prove anything?
6. How did your player spend the off-season, did it use any of the 15 coupon codes that the city of Bratislava offers all our players for use in the off time? 

1. We goin for the Cup!

2. I think the statement was fairly conservative, could've said more, but chose not too... very humble if you ask me.

3. I think they did a good job seeing as I was signed as a free agent haha.

4. Nope, gotta build chemistry with players and even the front office.

5. Always pressure for the team that won the cup the previous year. I think that pressure will motivate some of our players even more.

6. I spent the off season trying to change my style of play a little bit. I haven't heard of the coupon codes.

1. As A Bratislava alum I hope that the team repeats as Champions.

2. I love the comments.  FrostBeard’s comments were right on target but switch the Brandy for American Bourbon!   Lol

3. I like the pickups and I know FB is always in the lookout for additional players if needed.  

4. nah I don’t think so.  Maybe there just gathering info on the enemy!!  

5. There definitely will be added pressure but Watchmen are always up for the challenge. 

6. As a “former” player I did not qualify for the coupons.   

great job Watchmen on a great season.  

(Week Ending June 3rd)

Answering 3 questions gets you 1 Capped TPE

Answering 6 questions gets you 2 Capped TPE

1. The season is about to start. How excited are you?
  2. What teammate are you most excited to see on the ice, this season?
  3. Who do you think will win the VHL?
  4. The Stanley Cup has a winner. What did you think about the Finals?
  5. What's your early prediction for next season's Stanley Cup Champion?
  6. Would you be into any form of team building, e.g. World of Tanks, your GM's favorite game, match?

Eagles is excited to start and get a full season in the VHLE under his belt

I have just joined the team so I am actually excited to see everyone play and see how everyone gels on the ice this season

I think Seattle and Moscow have a good shot at heading back into the finals. They both have strong teams

It was definitely a fun series to watch. It would have been nice to see Tampa win last night to have a game 7 but Colorado deserved the win.

I am a Leafs fan so that is my prediction. Probably won't happen as they always choke in the first round but one can only hope

6. Would you be into any form of team building, e.g. World of Tanks, your GM's favorite game, match?

If it is a game I own then I would definitely be interested in playing as a form of team building

4 hours ago, leandrofg said:

(Week Ending June 3rd)

1. Excited to play my first season in the VHLE.

2. Being new in the VHLE I'm excited to see how everyone on the team plays.

3. I think the D.C. Dragons have a good shot, but I'll be rooting for the Malmo Nighthawks.

4. I enjoyed it, I moved to Colorado about 2 years ago so it was nice to see them win.

5. My realistic pick would be The Rangers, but I'm a Wings fan so I'm hoping the Wings at least get closer to making the playoffs.

6. I'm not sure, I've been a lot more busy lately and I might start traveling for work soon so I'm not sure how much free time I'll have, but maybe

On 6/27/2022 at 4:33 AM, leandrofg said:

(Week Ending June 3rd)

1. I'm pretty pumped that the season has started.

2. I'm excited to see how everyone does, but particularly Hockley Mann. He was awesome for Miami in the VHLM and should transition nicely to the VHLE.

3. I'll go with Seattle. 

4. I thought the finals were pretty entertaining although I wish it went 7 games.

5. I'll go with Carolina. 

6. Absolutely. I think that would be very fun. 

On 6/27/2022 at 5:33 AM, leandrofg said:

(Week Ending June 3rd)

1. I'm very excited for this upcoming season, following my recent success in last season I hope to repeat that this season.

2. I don't know any other players on the team, so I can't give a 100% concrete answer on this.

3. Being a Toronto Maple Leafs fan, I must say Toronto Legion.

4. The Colorado Avalanche really deserved it, being a great team and not winning the stanley cup would be awful.

5. Toronto Maple Leafs, we got Auston Matthews, Mitch Marner, and so many more great players.

6. I would, but hopefully a game that doesn't take all day to download, and a game thats also more mainstream and smaller.

(Week Ending July 10th)

1. The season is up and running! After a shaky start, we've made some changes and things are clicking for us. How do you feel about the team?
  2. And how do you feel about your player's season so far?
  3. Weather is all over the place in Portugal. We'd like to have sunny weather consistently. Any tips?
  4. Who's your favorite athlete at the moment?
  5. Have you gone out and about in Bratislava?
  6. If so, what's your favorite spot? If you haven't... what are you waiting for!?
Edited by leandrofg
Wrong date

4 minutes ago, leandrofg said:

(Week Ending June 3rd)

1. The season is up and running! After a shaky start, we've made some changes and things are clicking for us. How do you feel about the team?
  3. Weather is all over the place in Portugal. We'd like to have sunny weather consistently. Any tips?
  6. If so, what's your favorite spot? If you haven't... what are you waiting for!?

1. I think we are still finding purpose feet a bit but we have improved massively and I think we still have some room to grow.

2. I'm happy with the way it's going. I had a bad start but now I feel like I'm performing like a top player and helping the team the way I want to.

3. Being from Scotland, I am a master of the weather. Just be prepared for anything. Take a jacket even if it's sunny or check the weather before you leave.

4. I'm a F1 fan and I'm liking Lando Norris at the moment, she's been driving well and got a decent result at the Brittish GP.

5. I haven't yet, I will be going out and about soon but I wanted to get my performance level up before I did.

6. I swear I'll go explore the city soon I promise.

8 minutes ago, leandrofg said:

(Week Ending June 3rd)

1. I'm feeling alright about the team, hoping more for individual success though.
2. Quite happy, 6 points in the first 14 games? I'll that thank you.
3. Don't ask me, I'm in Canada, the weather is changing constantly.
4. Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
5. In the actual city? No. In this sim league? Yes.
6. I'm waiting for nothing, just not interested in travel all that much.

2 hours ago, leandrofg said:

(Week Ending June 3rd)

1. Feel pretty good. I don't really see too much of a weakness on our team right now.

2. I think he's doin well for his rookie season in the VHLE.

3. Idk. I live in Colorado and it has been thunderstorming on and off this past week.

4. I'd say Moritz Seider is my fav rn.

5. Not really, thought about checking out some golf courses tho.

6. Idk what I'm waiting for, I'm lazy.

I feel great about the team and how were currently performing. We are in good shape heading into the rest of the season.

Not too bad, I am happy being able to contribute by getting some goals from our 3rd line.

I am in Canada so we never have consistent sunny weather. Maybe we should ask those people in California or Florida on how to get it consistently

Soccer fan so I would have to say Robert Lewandowski

Not yet, focusing on my hockey. Will explore more in the off-season or during a longer break

I would definitely love to sightsee but my main priority is getting better so im either at the game or in the rink practicing

:brt: Watchmen Press Conference :brt:

(Week Ending July 17th)

1. We're a third of the season in. We're now going full tilt and have reached the top positions in the standings. What's the secret to this team?
  2. What's your go-to mid-game snack?
  3. Who do you think will be fighting for the cup in the VHLE?
  4. Last week, the weather was all over the place in Portugal, but now it has found consistency... at 40ºC. How can I keep my cool while working?
  5. @Greg_Di has gone around Bratislava and got to know parts of town, but he was alone. Will you accompany him next time?
  6. From the places he visited (check here), where would you like to have gone?

5 minutes ago, leandrofg said:

(Week Ending July 17th)

1. We're a third of the season in. We're now going full tilt and have reached the top positions in the standings. What's the secret to this team?
  4. Last week, the weather was all over the place in Portugal, but now it has found consistency... at 40ºC. How can I keep my cool while working?
  5. @Greg_Di has gone around Bratislava and got to know parts of town, but he was alone. Will you accompany him next time?

1. The players, and how good they all are. That's not really a secret though and is common knowledge.
2. Miss Vickies Salt and Vinegear Chips, I can consume hundreds of them a second.
3. Us, we're the best team by far in terms of our branding, players and just overall skill.
4. Get some snow, real snow, and freeze it in your freezer. Wait next year and take it out, afterwards you just put it under your shirt all day while you work.
5. It depends, if we're going to a mueseum it'd have to be something that interests me, but if it's a cafe it'd have to have good food.
6. Bratislava Castle, mainly because Hockley Mann is from Tuvalu and the most famous Tuvaluian in the world, meaning that he's pretty much royalty there, and should be treated as such internationally.

23 minutes ago, leandrofg said:

(Week Ending July 17th)

1. We play a really good offensive game so we tend to outshone our opponents which always gove you a good chance to win.

2. I like a mars bar, packed full of sugar which makes for a good pick me up and energy boost.

3. I think it will be us and Istanbul. We both seen to have emerged as the best trams this season.

4. I've gotten a fan for my desk and ive had all of my windows open which has sorta helped keep me cool. That and lots of cold drinks.

5. I will definitely come with him next time as I need to explore the city myself.

6. I would like to go to the waterfront. It sounds like it could be a nice to place to just sit and chill out.

The chemistry on and off the ice has been great and everyone is playing to their potential. This team has the talent to make another run at the cup.

During games it has to be something health, so I snack on Pistachios! 

Definitely us but who will be facing us is the tough question...I would say Istanbul as they have been playing well.

Freeze some water bottles and have them with you. They can be used for drinking but also for placing on your forehead to cool down!

It was definitely interesting visiting all the sites alone but would love to go with my team-mates next time in order to build chemistry and explore together!

I was the one visiting so I saw them all but the next place I have to see and hopefully some team-mates come is the Hviezdoslav Square

1. Our chemistry has been amazing on and off the ice and we all know how to work together

2. My go to is a cliff bar.

3. Obviously us. Where the best in the league.

4. Use cold rag and place it on your forehead.

5. Of course.

6. Definitely the waterfront it looks calming.