Members I Would Instantly Ban If Given the Chance

Gustav

...or so you thought. I'm going to ping a few people at random so they get the notification and spend a couple seconds wondering why I hate them so much:

I was excited to see that I was given the opportunity this season to participate in the World Cup as a GM, something I've never done before! In the past, I'd applied a few times, but never got the job because: a) I was a GM and a lot of drama would sometimes erupt when people who were already GMs were hired to also be GMs somewhere else; and b) I would specifically state that if the choice came down to me and someone newer, I'd rather see it go to that someone newer--which I realize probably killed my chances. Nonetheless, I'm happy I finally got the chance to run a team here, and with World being as stacked as it is this season, I think we'll do great!

At least, we'll do much better than my team did in my last tournament. I've told this story a couple times, but I haven't done it in a while and I think it's worth repeating for those who are unaware of it--I was THE WORLD'S WORST GM in the S65 World Juniors. First off, I was given Team Asia, which at the time had never won WJC and didn't even have enough active players eligible for me to be able to pick a roster. So, that got off to a bad start--though, thankfully, the commissioners were gracious enough to let me pick from other teams' leftovers to fill the spaces I had left. I didn't start with a very good team, but things got worse when I made the lines wrong and sent them in in a way where they just didn't work.

And then my computer stopped working. And I became dead to the VHL world for the rest of that week. By the time I was back, the tournament was over and my team, with a non-existent GM and terrible auto-lines, had been steamrolled. To add real-life insult to injury--I missed an assignment because of the computer thing and the professor didn't believe me (though admittedly, it was a computer-based class so I'm sure someone told him that every week). I haven't run a team in a tournament since!

So, here's to a better tournament experience! I'm super excited to see what Team World will do in this one.

5 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

've told this story a couple times, but I haven't done it in a while and I think it's worth repeating for those who are unaware of it--I was THE WORLD'S WORST GM in the S65 World Juniors

UHHHHH THAT WAS NOT MENTIONED IN THE JOB INTERVIEW.

8 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

I'm going to ping a few people at random so they get the notification and spend a couple seconds wondering why I hate them so much:

I wondered less “why” and more “why exactly.”

Guys I just got the best idea

You know how last Christmas, we did some bidding stuff where members offered stuff like graphics and name changes for money towards charity?

We should bid for Gus to release the real list, where every $10/20 reveals 1 name 

🤩