(S82) D - Mikhail Kovalchuk, TPE: 108

Banackock

Howdy, howdy, @Banackock

First off, welcome to VHL. I am a GM for Saskatoon Wild. We are a rebuilding team and currently looking to add players to our roster. I think you would be a perfect fit on our team. We have a bunch of openings on different lines and you would get a chance to experience playing with different lines mates. If you interested, all you have to do is either message me directly or quote this post with a comment “Go Wild” and I will add you to the team.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Hi Bana! 

We in Miami can offer you a top four spot, and we have lots of promising new players who you can help adjust to the league.

We're not a super awesome team but we have some decent players and the playoffs are in sight

Good luck with Mikhail!

Oh yea make sure you quote this or ping me if you wanna accept

Edited by Ledge

Hello @Banackock

mississaugarecruit.jpg.6fb202ad1f53a5440e0c006c6fe1bd04.jpg

Welcome to the VHL. I’m Daniel Janser the AGM of the Mississauga Hounds and @N0HBDY is our GM, and we are very excited to have you join the league and would like to invite you to join the Mississauga Hounds.

We have many veterans apart of our team that would be glad to help you learn the ropes of the VHL. If you have not already joined the VHL discord or the official locker room for your new team, I implore you to please join them. By joining any discord affiliated with the VHL it makes it much easier for us GM’s to reach out to you and talk to you about job openings, tpe opportunities, and reminders to update.

We have an exciting season ahead of us and we are certainly looking forward to it! 

Reply to this message with #ReleasetheHounds if you accept our invitation to join the Mississauga Hounds!

8 minutes ago, Ricer13 said:

You welcomed Bana to the VHL….

Lol, just noticed that. It was a copy pasta. I think at that point I was just throwing everyone that same message over and over and over before I changed up the message 

1 minute ago, BrutalBoost said:

Lol, just noticed that. It was a copy pasta. I think at that point I was just throwing everyone that same message over and over and over before I changed up the message 

Yeah I am not trying to be rude. We also have a lot of new people joining so I would imagine it’s quite frantic. Pitches even 5 + seasons ago used to have a lot more creativity and context to them. It sucks to see it getting away from that!

4 minutes ago, Ricer13 said:

Yeah I am not trying to be rude. We also have a lot of new people joining so I would imagine it’s quite frantic. Pitches even 5 + seasons ago used to have a lot more creativity and context to them. It sucks to see it getting away from that!

I don't think you being rude. I mean you are right. That is one thing I am not good. That's why I was also trying to joke around with you. But I did chat with him a bit more via direct  messages

1 hour ago, Ricer13 said:

Man, a lot of these pitches are weak. 

I thought the same thing. Tough to make a decision and easily the most passionate GM/team to pitch me is also one of the weaker teams. I almost went with them just to reward their pitch because they were 10/10. I had a few other behind the scenes convo's that boosted some others, but the rest wouldn't have cracked 5/10 :P 

I choose the team I chose mostly because:

1. Stats
2. I want to defeat @16z :P 

Their pitch was probably one of the worst. 

1 minute ago, Banackock said:

Also, @rory what's up, partner?🙈

You're a highly notable recreate that was expecting the jazzy pitches that new members get? Teams told you what you'd get homie, you know how to evaluate a roster's strength and don't need them to tell you lol

3 minutes ago, rory said:

You're a highly notable recreate that was expecting the jazzy pitches that new members get? Teams told you what you'd get homie, you know how to evaluate a roster's strength and don't need them to tell you lol

I think all members should be treated the same, hombre. All members and players deserve the same attention and passion. I had some good convos etc and I appreciated those.

Edited by Banackock

For what it's worth, I also would have phoned in your pitch. Mine would have went a little bit like this:

Yo Bananadick! Join the Halifax 21st man! Our team is absolutely dope this season, we've got tons of new guys who could use your positivity and mentorship, and you're obviously a big asset to any team. The downside is that we do already have 6 defencemen, so balancing ice time with you will be tricky. Realistically, you should join Mexico, Miami, or Saskatoon, because they're running pretty short at the moment and you could obviously help them out. At the same time though, fuck those teams!

#BOATGANG

16 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

Pitches even 5 + seasons ago used to have a lot more creativity and context to them. It sucks to see it getting away from that!

I think I used to write them out when I worked in Minnesota. Not saying mine were creative.

Why do you think they barely chose us?