VHL 12 Capped TPE Speed Run Challenge

MubbleFubbles

So as I mentioned in my recent VHL.com article, I did a VHL Speedrun! Basically, I tried to get the 12 capped TPE as quickly as possible and this was the footage of it. Unfortunately I fucked up and forgot to check what was being captured when I pressed the record button, but luckily you can capture most of it. This is the time that I finished with:

sRWTkvV.png

And I know I made a lot of mistakes and that's very beatable, so does anyone fancy a go at beating that?

Here are the rules I went with:

1) Starting position is VHL forum page with no apps open (unfortunately you can't see that on my end with the cut-off on the screen, but you do see GIMP loading towards the start as evidence.

2) You can use tools to speed things up (I used ShareX to take screenshots of my graphics to upload for example), but I would say nothing premade (e.g. Everything gotta be done there and then, no copying and pasting in of something you've already done, also cannot use graphics/media/podcasts either posted earlier or as part of a multi-week claim).

3) No JOBS!

4) No use of purchasable goods (E.g. TPE Boost for VHL.com or PT's, etc.)

5) No use of Free Weeks

LEADERBOARD

1 - @Hogan - 10:40:67

2 - @jhatty8- 12:40:04

3 - @MubbleFubbles - 17:57:58

Edited by MubbleFubbles

1 minute ago, jhatty8 said:

@MubbleFubbles No affiliate PT either? I'm definitely doing this later today.

Unless the demands elsewhere are far lower (not in any affiliates so don’t know) I think provided you actually make the Affiliate PT (E.g If it’s a graphic, you have to make the graphic and claim it on the affiliate, you can’t just claim one that’s already been done) then I would say that is OK!

for the video - you can't see my Photoshop open. However you can see when I use the brush tool, eyedropper, etc. Very weird recording and I'll use Photopea next time for more authentication.

image.thumb.png.d423cdb25851c0c4720999b4ec406270.png

And the record falls 👀

This could definitely be taken under 10 minutes with practice and optimization. This 100% brought more fun to the Sunday update grind, thanks @MubbleFubbles for the killer idea. 

1 minute ago, jhatty8 said:

for the video - you can't see my Photoshop open. However you can see when I use the brush tool, eyedropper, etc. Very weird recording and I'll use Photopea next time for more authentication.

image.thumb.png.d423cdb25851c0c4720999b4ec406270.png

And the record falls 👀

This could definitely be taken under 10 minutes with practice and optimization. This 100% brought more fun to the Sunday update grind, thanks @MubbleFubbles for the killer idea. 

Also, I use a trackpad and don't know where things are in the VHL. Someone should take this down easily.

Really cool to see all the people interested in this, I've added a leaderboard to the top post to keep track of people's best scores, so I look forward to seeing all of your efforts!

If there's enough interest, I'm open to adding extra leaderboards (E.g. Job Assisted runs or Non-GFX runs, the latter of which could obviously also count to the main leaderboard) to let more people enter! But the main leaderboard will keep the main rules listed in the top post just to allow anyone to enter.

Edited by MubbleFubbles

5 minutes ago, BOOM said:

At what point do the quality of submissions reduce in order to produce a fast time? 

I don't know if I misinterpreted what you're saying, but I took it as a concern that this would lead to lesser quality VHL Point Tasks?

From what I've read, there is a quality threshold for Main Point Tasks already in place (so for example there is stuff in place that makes sure you can't get 6 TPE for a Point Task if it's abundantly clear you haven't done enough to warrant it), so any point task that is found to be under the required quality after the fact would 1) not be eligible for the speedrun because they wouldn't have earned the full 12 TPE and 2) not be in the user's best interests to submit because they would have to make changes anyway after the fact to make it worth 6 TPE.