Reviewing Off-Season Seattle Trades

Beaviss

Hello All,

As you know Seattle had an exciting and transformative off season and are doing very good so far this season. They look to be in a spot to compete for the cup! In this small article I'm going to do a 1/10 score for value for the team so far. Of course these scores can change later but for now this is how they look so far.

Calgary Acquires:

Seattle Acquires:

8/10 - While losing Jokinen hurts right now long term it looks like a steal. With Hogan most likely sticking around long term.

Seattle Acquires:

Prague Acquires:

• S82 SEA 4th

11/10 - While I didn't partake in this one a lot its looking fantastic now. 

New York Acquires:

• S83 SEA 4th

Seattle Acquires:

11/10 - Another absolute steal. Getting Thornton for essentially nothing was key in having our team compete. Even if there was a chance he wouldn't sign.

Calgary Acquires:

Seattle Acquires:

• S82 LAS 3rd

5/10 - This one was a bit of a wash. Calgary gets the guy they want and Seattle grabs a pick that might be useful.

New York Acquires:

Seattle Acquires:

7/10 - This trade was key to making Seattle competitive again. While trading the 12th overall pick was a steep price the extra addition of Rust offsets the cost imo. All in all one of the big trades to get Seattle buzzing again.

Helsinki Acquires:

• S82 SEA 2nd
  • S83 SEA 1st

Seattle Acquires:

9/10 - I'm not sure why Helsinki didn't do their homework before the draft but their loss is our gain. Getting a just drafted young franchise player for a most likely middling 1st and a low 2nd which lines up with the future competitive window? That's a deal any day of the week.

Might be a bit homer and since this is a .com im cutting it short.

tags