A look at the 25 players who have achieved 1500 or more TPE (1-5)

ROOKIE745

So I've always been a guy who likes to keep my eyes on milestones and who's the top all time on leaderboards. Recently, and I mean within this season a 25th player has hit the 1500 TPE mark, meaning when you look at that leaderboard now in the portal on the all time list, it's all guys above 1500 TPE. I think that's pretty remarkable and I figure why not take a look at the 25 players/ 23 users who have achieved this? Now for the record I'm just going off what the portal has, I don't know what kind of TPE players where hitting back in like the first 30-40 seasons, the oldest player on the least is from season 56 so I guess you can call this a look at the all time TPE leaders in the VHL portal era, since I don't know if the list had players from even further back. I will also look through each player update log to find their most TPE in a week that is outside of their first week, or that includes base TPE or carry over. Finally before I start this isn't going to be a career break down for each player, this would probably end up being like 8-10 parts if I did that, what I want to do is look at what the player achieved in points, awards, and wins, so we'll highlight their best season and career totals. For this first part I will just look at the top five. One more thing normally with these lists I would start at the bottom of the leaderboard but in this case I'm gonna start from the top. Sound good? Let's begin!!

1: Ryan Kastelic (Enorama) 2000 TPE

Starting off the list is the TPE whore himself @Enorama with his player Ryan Kastelic, Eno/Kastelic holds not only the distinction of being the only user/player to achieve 2000 TPE, but also 1900 as well, and one of only two players to pass 1800. If that isn't crazy enough for you he could have kept earning but decided to stop at the nice even 2000. He really is the Wayne Gretzky of TPE earning. Drafted first overall in season 63 as a defensemen by the Riga Reign, he would play his whole career with them and finish as a center for the team. In the M he was drafted in the third round, 14th overall by the Yukon Rush, his one season in the M would have him end up playing for the Ottawa Lynx and put up 62 points in the regular season and 7 points in the playoffs.

During his VHL career Kastelic achieved a point per game status in seven of his eight seasons but would never reach 100, his best overall season was season 68 where he achieved 88 points and 33 goals, his best assist season was 65 where he got 66. Season 67 was when he did his position switch which saw him go from scoring 12-17 goals to 24-33 goals. His VHL career totals are 172 goals, 446 assists, and 618 points in the 576 games he played. His best playoffs performance was season 69 where he had 19 points in 17 games, having 6 goals and 13 assists. It is worth noting his made the playoffs every year of his career, the totals are: 79 games, 29 goals, 47 assists, and 76 points.

He also played in the WJC and WC every time he could, his best performance in season 66 when he had 19 points in 10 games, 5 goals and 14 assists. To end this off let's look at his awards, which there aren't many of, all his success came early in his career, his one season in the M saw him win the Founder's cup, and his first year in the VHL saw the Reign win both the Victory and Continental cups, he has no individual awards to his name. It was a lot of heartache as the Reign in his last four seasons played more than ten games in the playoffs but always came up short. His top earning week from looking through updates was 59 TPE.

2: Hunter Hearst Helmsley (Beaviss) 1828 TPE

Number two on our list is a fair ways down but he is the only other player/user to break 1800 TPE. @Beaviss's HHH (which I will be using because the full name is long) was drafted first overall in both the M and VHL, in the M it was by the Yukon Rush and in the VHL by the Riga Reign, funny as those are the same two teams Kastelic was drafted by. HHH would play a partial season and one full season in the M, in the partial he had 19 points in 25 games but in the full season he got 125 points. In the 19 playoffs games he played he put up 25 points. To jump to the WC quickly his best performance was season 70, with 13 points, 10 of them assists.

In the VHL HHH would jump around a bit, playing his first two seasons with the Reign, than move over to the Vancouver Wolves before stops in Davos and Warsaw. HHH had five seasons at a point per game or more and one season over 100 points, that season was his last actually when he played for the Warsaw Predators, with the new franchise he put up 113 points, 45 goals and 68 assists, so all of his career highs happened that season, talk about going out on a high note. His career totals are 586 games played, 265 goals, 362 assists, and 627 points. His best post season effort was in 67 where he had five goals and five assists for 10 points in 12 games, but honorable to mention to season 69 where he had the same number of points in 13 games. In total he played 56 post season games, 18 goals, 24 assists for 42 points.

Finally his trophy case is more full than Kastelic's but does it matter in the end? HHH would never win a Founder's or Continental cup, but he does have a number of individual awards, in season 65: Ethan Osborne Trophy, Mitch Higgins Trophy, Alexander Chershenko Trophy. Season 69: Victory Cup. Season 71: Victory Cup, Scott Boulet Trophy, Mike Szatkowski Trophy. HHH spent most of his time with the Wolves and I think that's where he'll be most remembered. There most TPE in a week was 60.

3: Julius Freeman (rjfryman) 1741 TPE

Our next two players are the one's that landed in the 1700 TPE range, Freeman being just 16 TPE ahead, @rjfrymansits third overall with this player. A season 66 draft pick as well, the left winger was drafted second overall by the Vancouver Wolves. His one full season in the M saw him get some nice even numbers, exactly 40 goals, exactly 60 assists for exactly 100 points, in the playoffs 13 games, 5 goals, 8 assists for 13 points. In the WC he was pretty consistent, the four times he played he put 5 points twice and 8 points twice.

In the VHL Freeman hit a point per game in 6 of his 8 seasons but was never able to get to 100. His most points and assists in a season was 69, with 45 assists and 89 points, his most goals actually came during his split season between Vancouver and New York, where he scored 45 goals that year, though I will mention he played one extra game that year due to the trade. His career totals ended up being: 577 games played, 286 goals scored, 307 assists, for 593 points. In the playoffs his best performance was season 67 with 17 points in 18 games, 9 goals and 8 assists, though I do want to mention his season 72 run with New York, 12 points in 12 games with 8 assists as well. His post season totals are: 90 games played, 39 goals, 31 assists, 70 points.

While there are no VHLM awards Freeman's still has a pretty filled trophy case, to winning the Kevin Brooks Trophy three times during his career between season 69 to 72, two Victory cups in 69 and 71, a Continental cup in 67, and a Scott Boulet Trophy in 72. I imagine Freeman/rj is pretty happy with all of that. His most TPE in a week was 58

4: Julian Borwinn (Jubo) 1725 TPE

Fourth on this list and another draft pick from the S60's, @Jubois only the fourth user to break the 1700 TPE barrier. Borwinn was the third overall draft pick in season 63, the Helsinki Titans picking him and he would remain there his whole career. His one season in the M saw him get 87 points, 45 goals and 42 assists playing for the Las Vegas Aces, in the playoffs just 5 games and 3 points. His first time around in the WC was his most successful, getting 4 goals and 12 assists for 16 points, although his second time around was great to with 5 goals and 8 assists for 13 points. 

Borwinn got a point per game in seven of his eight seasons, he was one point shy in season 64 to make it eight for eight. Season 66 stands out as that magical year that it all came together for him, with all three of his careers highs happening that season, 51 goals, the only time he would break the 50 goal mark, 63 assists, the only time he would break 60 assists, and 114 points, the only time he would break 100 points. With all of that said he would play 576 games, score 325 goals, assist on 380, for 705 total points. In the playoffs Borwinn had three back to back performances I wanna highlight, season 65 he had 19 points in 15 games, 11 assists that post season, season 66 15 points in 9 games, and finally season 67 17 points in 13 games, 9 goals in that post season. His post season totals ended up being, 67 games, 31 goals, 41 assists for 72 points.

And finally he get to his awards, Borwinn so far has the biggest trophy case, while he didn't get anything in the M he more than made up for it in the VHL, In season 63 he won just the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy but in season 66 he won basically everything that a forward can, Brett Slobodazian Trophy, Kevin Brooks Trophy, Dustin Funk Trophy, Mike Szatkowski Trophy, Scotty Campbell Trophy, The Victory Cup and finally the Continental cup. That's one hell of a season for anyone and we're not done. Season 68 he got the Scott Boulet Trophy, season 69 the Mike Szatkowski Trophy again and his last one in season 70 the Scotty Campbell award again. Take a deep breath because that's a lot. His most TPE in a week is also the highest so far at 65.

5: Jet Jaguar (gorlab) 1681 TPE

Finding themself just fitting into the top five is @gorlabwith their player Jet Jaguar. Jaguar is one of seven players to finish in the 1600 TPE range, he is also our third player on this list drafted in season 66, so yes the top five spots belong to players drafted in season 63 or 66. Drafted 10th overall by the Moscow Menace, his one season in the M before joining Moscow was good, playing 70 games for Halifax he managed 57 points, 23 goals and 34 assists. In the 13 playoff games he play he got 6 points, 5 of them assists. He played in the WC three times, his first time was the best with 17 points, 9 goals and 8 assists, his second time around was still memorable with 13 points, with 9 assists that time.

The majority of Jaguar's career was spent in Moscow, with him being traded part way through season 72. I feel the need to mention this as I've noticed this with all season 66 draftees but they were all traded during season 72, guess a lot of changed was happening during that time. Jaguar managed to hit a point per game rate in 6 of his 8 seasons and would come three points shy of 100 twice in his career. The first time around in season 70 where he had a career high 42 goals, and later in his split season of 72 between Moscow and Davos where he had a career high 60 assists. I would like to note here to that Jaguar had a 90 point rookie season, 40 goals and 50 assists. His VHL totals are: 256 goals, 389 assists, 645 points. Playoff wise Jaguar had two great performances, season 70 he had 21 points in 15 games, 8 goals and 13 assists, the following post season 17 points in the same amount of games, 6 goals and 11 assists. Overall his playoff totals are: 55 games played, 19 goals, 36 assists, 55 points.

Finally we get to his awards case and well..... it's the most empty but he's got some important ones in there, coming all in season 70 he got the Mike Szatkowski Trophy, Victory cup and a Continental cup, it may only be three but that cup win in the playoffs is the most important to any player I imagine. His most TPE in a week was 54.

(word count 2244)

Edited by ROOKIE745

9/10

Great text, I always wanted to do something like that or read about something like that. We can see that you did a lot of work to find all this infirmation and this awesome. I would maybe had a little bit of colour of pictures, but other than that this is really good. Keep up the good work and I am looking forward to read the other part.

On 12/31/2021 at 7:25 PM, Baby Boomer said:

9/10

Great text, I always wanted to do something like that or read about something like that. We can see that you did a lot of work to find all this infirmation and this awesome. I would maybe had a little bit of colour of pictures, but other than that this is really good. Keep up the good work and I am looking forward to read the other part.

I am not sure whether dedicated TPE earners would appreciate to be called 'infirmed' for their VHL-obsession... 

I am aware that this is a typo and no Freudian Mishap, so please take it in the spirit as it was given, for pure amusement of involuntary typo who changes the meaning of the sentence significantly...