Premier League Talk 2014/2015

Phil

So I've been following it closely this season as I was trying to get behind a team (was thinking Everton).

Recent Balotelli transfer is interesting. While he seems like a tool, he is pretty entertaining in the international matches I've seen him in.

I like Everton because of Tim Howard.. I dont like Balotelli.. Too full of himself.. Glad he isnt coming back to ManC.. Should be interestin when he plays us

You disagree with me about what? Kagawa? That's hard to do seeing as it's common knowledge he left because Man Utd was on his radar. His return however has been on high alert in stories.Also not sure if you thought about it yet, but Lewandowski wasn't the first to leave BVB. Think of the timeline again and come back to me. Gotze, Kagawa, Koch, Gunter and Schieber all left before he did. Robert wasn't the cause of the ideology, he was the result of it.I hope Reus and others stay in Germany regardless of if they are with BVB, Bayern, Leverkusen or hell even Hertha Berlin, but I have a feeling the money giants will start plucking them away. If Bayern doesn't buy half these players they end up leaving Germany, thats just the way the money system works there.

I disagree with you on Hummels moving. Kagawa had stars in his eyes, and now he sees the bench more often than not. Im not sayin lewandowski is the cause of it, but for a player fed up with the system of "groom and sell" i find it ironic that his leave was basically the same.. Jw, didnt Schieber leave on free with BVB not havin any intent to keep him? I see Reus leaving Germany at some point. Like you said, a money giant is gonna pry him away from germany. Hopefully the finacial restrictions help against that.

• Admin

So I've been following it closely this season as I was trying to get behind a team (was thinking Everton).  

Recent Balotelli transfer is interesting.  While he seems like a tool, he is pretty entertaining in the international matches I've seen him in.

Cheap, he has got talent, even if he wastes it. Low-risk, high-reward it seems to me. Worst off are Milan who are an extreme version of fallen giants (consider yourself lucky, United).

I disagree with you on Hummels moving. Kagawa had stars in his eyes, and now he sees the bench more often than not. Im not sayin lewandowski is the cause of it, but for a player fed up with the system of "groom and sell" i find it ironic that his leave was basically the same.. Jw, didnt Schieber leave on free with BVB not havin any intent to keep him? I see Reus leaving Germany at some point. Like you said, a money giant is gonna pry him away from germany. Hopefully the finacial restrictions help against that.

No no it's not ironic because in this case he left because they showed no signs of keeping people. If they can't build around him why would he chose to stay? Instead of keeping their talent they sell them off for him to become the only guy? Seems pretty shitty.

Disagree all you want but Hummels is a product of the Bayern Munich system and they have expressed tons of interest because of the need at CB. He is dedicated but at a large price he amy want to join his buddies.

Schreiber went away because Dortmund were too loaded with players that they somehow went and bought? I'm not sure exactly why but it's another case of a guy leaving the club that would result in others wanting out. By no means is BVB a bad club to be at or cheer for, just saying outside of Klopp the management is somewhat sloppy.

No no it's not ironic because in this case he left because they showed no signs of keeping people. If they can't build around him why would he chose to stay? Instead of keeping their talent they sell them off for him to become the only guy? Seems pretty shitty.Disagree all you want but Hummels is a product of the Bayern Munich system and they have expressed tons of interest because of the need at CB. He is dedicated but at a large price he amy want to join his buddies.Schreiber went away because Dortmund were too loaded with players that they somehow went and bought? I'm not sure exactly why but it's another case of a guy leaving the club that would result in others wanting out. By no means is BVB a bad club to be at or cheer for, just saying outside of Klopp the management is somewhat sloppy.

Im not sure about goetze but ik lewandowski left on free.. Im not blamin Klopp for those players leaving. Bayern definitely has more rep and has the star studded line up that players want to be apart of.

Im not sure about your comment about BVB not wanting to keep people. They asked Lewandowski to stay and he refused. Same with Kagawa. I think Schreiber left because he knew he wasnt going to replace lewandowski.

I dont think Klopp is a bad manager.. Plenty of English clubs would love to have a manager like Klopp.. He was even approached but remained with BVB

I personally believe that Hummels enjoys it in BVB and has a good relationship with Klopp and the team. I think a rift would have to develop before hummels is sold. I kinda feel like hummels to bvb is pique to barcelona

Cheap, he has got talent, even if he wastes it. Low-risk, high-reward it seems to me. Worst off are Milan who are an extreme version of fallen giants (consider yourself lucky, United).

Yeah, seems like a no risk move for Liverpool.  Could be a move that generates a lot of success.

Either he is non-existent or the best player on the pitch on my viewings of him.  Not sure how normal that is.

Im not sure about goetze but ik lewandowski left on free.. Im not blamin Klopp for those players leaving. Bayern definitely has more rep and has the star studded line up that players want to be apart of.

Im not sure about your comment about BVB not wanting to keep people. They asked Lewandowski to stay and he refused. Same with Kagawa. I think Schreiber left because he knew he wasnt going to replace lewandowski.

I dont think Klopp is a bad manager.. Plenty of English clubs would love to have a manager like Klopp.. He was even approached but remained with BVB

I personally believe that Hummels enjoys it in BVB and has a good relationship with Klopp and the team. I think a rift would have to develop before hummels is sold. I kinda feel like hummels to bvb is pique to barcelona

Except Hummels isn't pure shit like Pique haha. I never said Klopp was bad, hell he is one of the best today.

• Admin

Yeah, seems like a no risk move for Liverpool.  Could be a move that generates a lot of success.

Either he is non-existent or the best player on the pitch on my viewings of him.  Not sure how normal that is.

That's pretty much Mario in a nutshell. Really frustrating as a fan of Italian football.

I used to hate Balotelli and all the weird shit he did. After seeing it in person (he took a picture with two guys who ran onto the pitch at the end of the International Champions Cup game at Heinz Field) I actually kind of like him now.

• Admin

So since this thread has been taken over by Germans (typical), might as well throw some Spain in.

Atletico exact some revenge over Real and win the Spanish Super Cup. Mandzukic scored. Atletico still super likeable.

Chinese soccer sucks.. and Korean soccer isn't popular.. Japan doesn't have room for soccer.. hence all the asian players play for European teams

Edited by d3vilsfire

Korean soccer probably is on par with MLS imo

Nope. MLS is a tad better, I will give them that. Not sure where the Asian soccer conversation came from though.

If Reus leaves, it's for Bayern.

Nope. MLS is a tad better, I will give them that. Not sure where the Asian soccer conversation came from though.

If Reus leaves, it's for Bayern.

Idk.. since german and spanish were in here, why not bring in asian

Why would Reus go to Bayern of all places?