Premier League Talk 2014/2015

Phil

That was such a brilliant match. Liverpool were just electric. 

I can't stress how impressed  I was with Joe Allan. He held up that midfield fantastically and kept Liverpool's fluidity going. But everyone on Liverpool were clicking today. Just excellent to watch.

Edited by Phil

Costa isn't even that good. Suarez is worth liking because he's a top 10 player in the universe. JMO.

Suarez's intensity is great most of the time (i.e. when he's not biting people). Costa seems to take a cheap shot on a daily basis.  He did the same thing Markovic did (except he actually made contact), so let's see if he gets 4 games (he won't).

Watching Costa flounder in the World Cup was a ton of fun.

Edited by CoachReilly

• Admin

Lol Costa already got a ban for nothing so don't act the victim here.

Costa in the past two seasons has been one of the top 5 strikers in the world (with Suarez, and Messi isn't a real striker) if not better. And lol at lack of intensity. You can not be a striker in a Mourinho team and especially in Diego MFing Simeone's Atletico and not work hard.

Bottom line is, if your team has Costa, you love him, if it doesn't, you probably hate him. Much like Suarez.

• Admin

That's UEFA though, they're pansies.

World Cup is a small sample size and he doesn't really fit Spain's style plus Spain got wonderfully outplayed. Ronaldo isn't any worse for being Portuguese.

Last 2 seasons: 

Suarez - 66 appearances; 54 goals in England

Costa -  66 appearances; 37 goals  in Spain

I, personally, wouldn't group Costa in with Suarez, but that's just me. I think Suarez is by far the better striker. I hate Costa because he is a diving cheating scumbag but also has the skill to not resort to that.. but he thinks of doing it first. 

But more often than not, so does Suarez - he's insane. But I can never forgive Costa for the double stamp game

Screenshot-2015-01-27-at-4.02.56-PM.png

skrr-low-q_3178973k.jpg

At least Suarez when he bites someone isn't intending on taking out the person for months on end.

• Admin

wtf can you even do about that (the Skrtel incident)? Fortunately he didn't get punished for that and common sense prevailed.

And when I said last two seasons I meant this season and last. I knew not clarifying would come back and bite me.

The skrtel step... he looked down... and purposefully landed on the ankle. He could have avoided it and I believe he knew full-well what he was doing. 

Costa scores. He's got great fucking talent. I just can't stand him because he also cheats so blatantly and at every opportunity. 

Gratz on the Silverware btw. 

• 2 weeks later...

Man U actually looked like a top team today. Wow. Good job. Now hopefully Liverpool can beat Swansea tomorrow

Was a combo of Man U looking great and Spurs looking like a team that fields the youngest starting XI on average. We were going to have a clunker of a game sooner or later with so many young players in the line up.

Well, it was an ugly win but a win none the less. I'll take it. Swansea can be a difficult team to play at home so credit to us for toughing it out. 

Pool was my first pick thus far in a Streak For The Cash pool I'm in. 2-0 so far (also took FC Botosani of Romania to win or draw - don't know a lot about Romanian soccer but if the better team is getting the option to draw, I'll take it). Current pick is outside of soccer (Miami by 10 or more over NC Central in the NIT tonight) but I have a feeling soccer will be my bread and butter in this thing.

• 1 month later...