Premier League Talk 2014/2015

Phil

A statement from the Football Association confirmed Costa's alleged stamp was missed by all four officials on duty for the second leg of the Capital One Cup semi-final at Stamford Bridge.

Referee Michael Oliver has since watched replays and told the FA the offence warranted a red card, and Costa now faces a three-match ban if the charge is proven.

Blind-Referee-T-Shirts.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Harry Kane is probably the best young English player (on goal scoring so Sterling isn't as good but may be better) since Rooney in 2004. Can't wait for the national team disappointments.

Also Arsenal were so terribly outplayed it was hilarious. Mind, not as bad as Atletico dominating Real in a 4-0 victory.

Also, seven points clear at the top!!! Fuck yes Hull.

Liked how Aaron Lennon looked in his first game as a Blue. If only Martinez brought Barkley on earlier, might've made a bigger impact.

Liverpool had one chance after a turnover in Everton's side where Coutinho just gave a very poor pass in... It was basically a 4 on 2 but we were all bunched together.  Ibe hit the post. 

I hate that Rodgers thinks Lambert is better than Balotelli.  Please try to work Balotelli with Sturridge/Sterling out there. Might actually fucking help.

Edited by CoachReilly

• Admin

Eh those are pretty hard especially seeing as Kane only touched the ball after the initial save.

Various penalty calls and free kicks dubious this game but on the balance, I think Liverpool win is fair. The race for top four is intense. Down with United!

Liked how Aaron Lennon looked in his first game as a Blue. If only Martinez brought Barkley on earlier, might've made a bigger impact.

1) Lennon seemed to do the same thing he did for Spurs... run around a lot and creative very little. 

2) I was so scared just before halftime when it looked like they were going to sub Naismith for Barkley. He would have been waaaay more dangerous and it showed when he finally came on. Worked out for me though.

3) As much flack as Everton got for parking the bus... they closed down Coutinho brilliantly and never ever allowed him space. It was irritating haha

I have the game on record at home but I read the reports on the Liverpool/Spurs game. Looked like it was a thriller and I'm still going to watch it (on Thursday - since I'll have time to do it then)

Ballotelli (as I told Coach earlier) always needs to be paired with a striker with movement. He's got fantastic technical ability but can't make the runs so when you have defenders peeling off to cover the runs of another striker it creates the space for him to strike (literally, pun only slightly intended).

Sturridge back is like signing a new player <3

1) Lennon seemed to do the same thing he did for Spurs... run around a lot and creative very little. 

2) I was so scared just before halftime when it looked like they were going to sub Naismith for Barkley. He would have been waaaay more dangerous and it showed when he finally came on. Worked out for me though.

3) As much flack as Everton got for parking the bus... they closed down Coutinho brilliantly and never ever allowed him space. It was irritating haha

Sounds like what Gotze has done for Bayern. Not always the one on the score sheet and often times invisible but he does create space and get creative.