Do you have a Reddit account?

Kendrick

Yup, gotta love the people that say we should recruit on Reddit and then they don't help out when needed. Riggs, Molholt...where are you guys?

I'm right here. About to upvote all three with two accounts.

You sent me a message in chat. I've been mobile - ie. I didn't get them. 

Stealing from SHL  :unsure:

Ironic.

But yes, the SHL's reddit campaign was impressively successful. I think everyone should do it.

Then again, I also think the two leagues should actively promote each other (and other leagues) and form a giant sport network.

We could make the SVHL

The Simulation Victory Hockey League?!? Merge the two leagues together and presto we have a fun active league. Even though many members have a player on both sites.

I like both leagues for what they are, so I prefer them separate, but I think some more integration could be cool. Like Advantage taking Ryan Sullivan over is a fun touch. The leagues could write/cover games from each other or something, bring more fun and attention to each other.

Yeah I'm not too sold on the "stealing from the SHL" comment. Hard to believe an idea which is used by several things before the SHL did, being exclusive to that one league. Like Molholt said, ironic in a way.

Yeah I'm not too sold on the "stealing from the SHL" comment. Hard to believe an idea which is used by several things before the SHL did, being exclusive to that one league. Like Molholt said, ironic in a way.

No, reddit has been used by select members from SHL since forever too but what SHL did was actually make it part of the recruitment drive and give out potential rewards for upvoting

No, reddit has been used by select members from SHL since forever too but what SHL did was actually make it part of the recruitment drive and give out potential rewards for upvoting

I personally have been recruiting from there for a long time. I think it's just ironic someone says we stole an idea from the SHL.

I personally have been recruiting from there for a long time. I think it's just ironic someone says we stole an idea from the SHL.

I haven't been in both league for long to tell if SHL stole an idea from here, if so, please mention it

So much pride between the two leagues.

I like both leagues for what they are, so I prefer them separate, but I think some more integration could be cool. Like Advantage taking Ryan Sullivan over is a fun touch. The leagues could write/cover games from each other or something, bring more fun and attention to each other.

I like your idea there, that would probably expand the horizon on the sim hockey niche. I've talked to people and noone I know has really heard of this concept before, they've heard of fantasy GM leagues and stuff like that, but these seem to be the two biggest leagues and working together to grow the niche would be better then worrying about who was on reddit first.

I haven't been in both league for long to tell if SHL stole an idea from here, if so, please mention it

Well to make a long story short, the SHL in entirety is stolen from the VHL anyways. But this is about Reddit, not the SHL/VHL stances.

Meh, if my history lesson memories serve, I'd argue that both leagues spawned from another one altogether.  I wanna say it was called the ESHL.  If I recall, that was a PT-based league run with NHL 2004 that had both the base members who would eventually form the VHL and the SHL.  I don't know who ran it though, maybe Brooks or Scotty or Beketov or Fernando or Jay Mac or some shit.  Anyway, that league shut down, Brooks opened this bitch up in 2007, Nando/Jay Mac were on board, and then two or three years later they decided they were lazy and thus the SHL was born.  I'd say the SHL stole the VHL's idea as much the VHL stole the ESHL's idea.  In reality they're all just evolutions of one another.  The SHL is basically our little mentally challenged sister.  Sure she's a bit soft in the head, but she's of our blood and we should love her all the same.

Actually, now that I think about it, the aforementioned sim league might have actually been the first iteration of the SHL.  I just remembered that the one we all know and love to hate is the second version.

Got bored and did some digging.  Apparently there were a few SHLs.

http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_shl/index.php?

http://z6.invisionfree.com/SHL_Dynasties/index.php?

^That one closed a few months before VHL opened.  You can go down the rabbit hole and find shit tons of failed sim leagues through there too.  It's a good deal of fun, give it a whirl!

Edited by JardyB10

Yep SHL/SHL Dynasties and ESHL the original MSFL

http://z7.invisionfree.com/ASHL/index.php?act=idx

Thats the ESHL forum still on the interwebs.  

szatsig.jpg

Its sad that I can still remember being on the Winnipeg Ice in the ESHL and being on the Owen Sound Attack for the SHL.  This was Jan/Feb 2007 dayum.  I gave the VHL some time before making in summer of 07 didn't want to be part of the massive first drafts.

CK16 " k, I heard about a baseball league that lasted 19 seasons...nothing can touch that"

Lots of goodies over there

Edited by Mike

SHL was started by guys who came from the VHL who originally came from Brad Steeves who never went to the SHL after the original. So yes the SHL today is copied from the VHL, but the VHL came from the NHL 2004 sim that we all loved!