The twenty-fourth chapter of Baby Bob's life (End of the Season and my playoffs predictions)

Baby Boomer

Hello everyone and an happy new year, 

I wish you all the best possible year and welcome to the twenty-fourth chapter of Baby Bob's life story. In this life story we will talk about the life of Baby, when he was young, his thoughts and his impressions before the drafts, during the seasons and during the playoffs. Baby Bob will also respond to questions from the fans, from the GMs and from the leaders of the VHL and the VHLM. The S81 ended yesterday and it is time to do a recapitulation of what happened all around the VHL, with Prague and with Baby Bob.  

At the beginning of the season, the expectation were high for the Phantoms with the acquisiton of Asher Reinhart via trade, and with the acquisitions of JaredN Jr, Sven Reikkinen and Kid Frost via free agency. The team changed a lot with the arrival of the new GM Acydburn and the team needed to perform. The Czech team started very slowly as they had difficulties to win games, but the more the season progressed, the more the team started to become competitive.

The season is now over and Prague finished the season with four very important wins of which two against the strong Seattle Bears and the powerful Malmo Nighthawks and their final record is 43 wins, 27 losses and 2 over time losses for a total of 88 points in 72 games. The team succeeded to finish third in their conference over the HC Davos Dynamo to earn their place in the playoffs for the sixth season in a row. The runs were not always very long, but I hope for them that this year will be different.

For his part, Baby Bob had a very good rookie season am he should be proud of it. Baby finished the season with an impressive 33 goals and 59 assists for a total of 92 points in 72 games. The only rookie who did better than him in points this year is his former teammate with the Hounds and with the Gladiators, Otto Numminen. Indeed, he scored an incredible amount of 95 points in 72 games. Note that he belonged to the Prague Phantoms before they traded him to Toronto with Guy Lambert and picks in exchange of Asher Reinhart. After Numminen, Baby Bob finished second in points among the rookies tie with Zach Kisslinger II who had five points in his last two games. 

The first season is over and it is now time for the second and the most exciting season, the playoffs. I will finish this article by making my predictions of the series of the Continental Cup. In my opinion, for the second season in a row, the Vancouver Wolves will win the Cup in 6 games against the very surprising Prague Phantoms who made it to the final. The winner of the Daisuke Kanou trophy for the playoff MVP will be their young star Jerome Reinhart.

Thanks for reading and see you next week for more of the life story of Baby Bob. 

512 words 

27 december – 2 january 

Happy New Year. It's nice to see Prague doing well, I think this team has the potential to go far in the playoffs like you said. I personally think it will all depend on how well David Davis plays. It's crazy to think that a rookie can have over 600 TPE by the end of the regular season with the addition of the VHLE. It will be interesting to see if Baby Bob will be in the conversation for rookie of the year considering the solid season he had. Overall pretty solid read, good luck in the playoffs with Prague. 9/10

10 hours ago, a_Ferk said:

Happy New Year. It's nice to see Prague doing well, I think this team has the potential to go far in the playoffs like you said. I personally think it will all depend on how well David Davis plays. It's crazy to think that a rookie can have over 600 TPE by the end of the regular season with the addition of the VHLE. It will be interesting to see if Baby Bob will be in the conversation for rookie of the year considering the solid season he had. Overall pretty solid read, good luck in the playoffs with Prague. 9/10

Thanks a lot and I also hope that Prague will have a long run in the playoffs

Awesome article, I feel like Baby Bob is one of my closest friendly rivals and he had an amazing rookie season, I really like the layout of the article, it is written well and grammar is fairly well done! You could maybe add a photo to make it pop out a bit more, other than that great job and good luck this playoffs! 

9/10